Lets see how smart Sup Forums really is

Lets see how smart Sup Forums really is...

Other urls found in this thread:

cymath.com/answer?q=6/2(1+2)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The picture already has the answer your idiot, it's "?".

is it 1?

Fuking 9 obviously

you*

How the fuck are you fags getting 1

Rick & Morty fans know that the answer is one. You're a fucking moron if you get nine.

(6/2)*(2+1) = 3 * 3 = 9

Nigga this is mental math shit, it's 6.

^^

How the fuck to people get this shit wrong? According to the PEMDAS rules you have to do parentheses first. Making the problem 6/2*3. Also according to the rules, you put both multiplication and division in the same category, so from here we go left to right, getting the answer 9.

pemdas nigga

I thought all these replies were like ironic jokes but I think people are actually getting this shit wrong.

1+2=3
6/2=3+3=6

Dumbass, if you have a problem like this 2(2*3), it's actually 2 * (2*3). So it is actually 3 * 3 = 9

It's 1. You do math left to right.
>t. math degree

yet another a / b x c ambiguous expression that needs more parentheses...OP is a faggot

The thread ended here, google it folks.

This is PEMDAS shit. You have to use PEMDAS in these questions dumbass.

TWO PLUS TWO DAS FOUR, MINUS ONE DAS THREE QUICK MAFS

All these fags that think they are smart can't even google the problem to see that the answer can be fuking done for you.

6 why are these retards saying 9 and 1 faggots

Faggot, just fuking google, then you'll know why.

The thread ended here^ like I said here>GOOGLE IT
>sage

Ah shit. I was dun goofed. It's 9.

PEMDAS exists solely so people can follow a strict way to solve the problem. It didn't specify if it was a PEMDAS equation, so it can have multiple answers. There's also equations that are based off of BODMAS. They all have different answers and are all completely correct. This is one of the first things they'll teach you when you get a math degree.

>ITT: Common core math idiots vs old school math.

Common core needs to die.

Pemdas is the fucking bare bones of math. In any equation, you have to follow the rules.

PEMDAS
parenthesis are discarded after solving what is in them
that is the step up people fuck up on up with. it changes to a * multiplication, it's no longer the P in PEMDAS

>retards saying 9 and 1 f

I got 9. I don't know how people are getting 6 or 1.

6 / 2 = 3
1+2 = 3

So, the simplified equation is 3 *3 =9
I don't know how people are getting 1.

Your rules aren't the same as everybody elses. Some countries don't go by PEMDAS. I'm sorry if you Americans don't like that, but the world isnt only about you.

>retarded cubed

yes it is, you people say "america" more in one day than we say "other countries" all year

You goddamn niggers. Parenthesis indicates the numbers inside are to be tread as one thing. Therefore, 1+2 = 3. Now we have 6÷2(3) for our full equation. Good? Good.

Now, in every case with parenthesis, such as this one, (3) is not treated like a constant. It's in parenthesis, meaning it's its own factor, like a variable. So we have to distribute the 2 first (in other words, multiply the inside by the outside). Y'all keep yelling PEMDAS but PEMDAS is a cheap ass rule for dumb faggots. It doesn't apply in every case, and this is a prime example. Learn shit niggers.
So now we have 6÷6 = 1, you dumb apes.
Source: am in DC precal and get graded on this by the strictest and best goddamn teacher I have ever known on a daily basis. Fite me

>all completely correct
Multiplication and division occur 'simultaneously' as do addition and subtraction. You don't just follow arbitrary/conventional rules. It's not like you cut an orange 3 times and get different numbers of slices depending on what country you are in.

One american has as much mass as five of us but that doesnt make you more important. President Dotard is killing your country and everyone else is growing. China, India, and Russia will all be bigger than america in the coming years while you do nothing

>It doesn't apply in every case
We're getting into bible territory here you fucking moron, you can't interpret rules how you want and say they don't always apply, then it isn't a fucking rule
the PARENTHESIS ARE DISCARDED AFTER SOLVING WHAT IS IN THEM, YOU DON'T KEEP THEM, YOU FINISHED WHAT YOU HAD TO FIRST AND IT BECOMES JUST REGULAR MULTIPLICATION AND YOU WORK LEFT TO RIGHT
DUMB
NIGGER
STUPID DUMB NIGGER
NIGGER

>sage

Before all that, someone simplified your mind.

Yeah the math there doesn't lie

>PEMDAS still gets 1

Nigga.

Yup It's 1.

I hope those "niggers" were satirical. Have you never heard of distribution? 6 * 2(x) is not 12(x), it's 6 * 2x. (Yes I know they equal the same thing but you can see what I mean here) If you're not sure try replacing with a variable and it's clearer.
Ya dumb cunt

All of these faggots getting one need to fucking learn how to use google.

yeah who need real brain when u hafe (((google)))

(6/2)(1+2) = (6/2) + (12/2) = 18/2 = 9

Nice try trolling. You're all bad at it.

Yes Google is so reliable. I use Google translate and theres no error whatsoever.

A computer is more objective than a human mind moron

/thread

Spiderman!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi!!!!!!
Just playing murky lurker, laughing at asses arguing over math, haha.

>cophuter moor ajecive the brain

Translations are not comparable to mathematics

9 ........ TI 89

This guy gets it. While translations can vary, every equation has a set amount of answers and that can only be the answers. Unlike language, you can use an equation to always get the right answer.

What's your argument they are when it comes to pure mathematics

But the answer is 9

Pemdas says 1.... go to /sci/ with this shit and see how fast they tear you up faggot

I'm sure most of you are joking, but if you can't do this shit in your head in less than 5 seconds and come out with 9, you're retarded. Order of operations will always lead it to be 9.

6/2(1+2) < Base
6/2(3) < Solve parenthesis
3(3) < Solve from left to right
9 < Answer

If you start with parenthesis and then go left to right you get 9.

If you start with parenthesis and then clean up the multiplication first you get 1.

I think the answer is 9.

The question is ambiguous because of the ÷ rather than the / as the division sign. Consider the following expression:

5 ÷ 10 x 2

working left to right, we get 5 divided by 10 which is one half. One half times 2 is 1.

Consider the following expression:

5 / 10 x 2

working left to right we get 5/10 times 5/2 which is 5/4.
The problem with this expression is that, by using the ÷ symbol rather than the / symbol we create ambiguity.

2 plus 2 is 4 minus 1 that's 3 quick maths

At least we can do math, dumbass.

I almost got 1 by thinking it's

6/(2(1+2)) = 1

When it's actually

(6/2)*(1+2) = 9

It's easy to see the division and imagine everything before it as a numerator and everything after as a denominator. Wrong and a mistake, but an easy one to make.

Oh God please... do it spooder man

OP HERE

All of you are fucking faggots for letting this thread go this far. Retarded cucks.

I cannot believe none of you found this. Circa 1917, The order with which you interpret the division symbol was different than today. Let's call division symbol (DS) so the equation will be now 6DS2(1+2) circa 1917, this was interpreted as 6/[2(1+2)] to which the answer is 1.
However since then, this changed where DS is used to represent a fraction, and if division and multiplication must be done, the calculation is performed Left to right meaning, (6/2)(1+2) which equals nine. I got fucked at first and calculated 1. However, I got good. The fucking DS is rarely if ever used in real math so it has never been a concern for me. I hold a bachelors degree in chemical engineering and a master's degree in chemical engineering from an Ivy League university. Believe me or not, either way, this in no way gauges your ability at math. This is total bait and presented to intentionally trick you. the / symbol is used to do actual math in today'w world while the DS is used for education/demonstrative purposes.

6/2(1+2)

6/2 x (1+2)
3 x 3

I'm back... I said one before, I amend my answer to 9 because the first 6÷2 (3) =9.... the 3 still gets multiplied. Forgive me I'm hammered

Spooder you faggor... you aren't even trying

>muh PEMDAS
>never got past middle school algebra

this is what i expect from Sup Forums

But 6*2x IS 12x. This is basic elementary school math. How did you possibly get past 5th grade without understanding how to multiply. If your chino brain really needs it simplified, you could also see this as 2x + 2x + 2x + 2x + 2x + 2x = 12x. Therefore 6/2x is 3x. If x is 3 in this problem than you would get 3 * 3 = 9. This is the ONLY way to interpret the problem, and any other explanation of 1 or 6 is trash being spouted by uneducated filthy trying to appear intelligent.

This is me. Seems user proved me wrong I cede victory to the 9s. But only because ÷ is gay.

And yes user I realize that which is why I said it was a bad example. I just used it to show proper OO

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
6/6
the first letter of pemdas is PARENTHESIS

The solution is just not to use the division symbol.

Omg, are there really this many tards on /b who can't do elementary level math? Oh ya, it's/b.
Btw, the answers 1.

The parenthesis is for the operations inside the parentheses. It doesn't apply to the 2 outside because that's multiplication.

Let x = 1 + 2
6/2×(x) = 3×(x) = 3×(1+2) = 9

/Thread

from left to right
6/2(1+2)
3(1+2)
(3+6)
=9

PEMDAS
6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)
=9

how are you faggots getting 6?
if you got 1, that means you did parenthesis first, but that just means you didnt do PEMDAS right
fucking morons

It's 1 you fucking dumb niggers
I bet 90% of you tards failed math at school

I like to get people with 6-(6x6)

How is that hard?

my dick is hard

6/2 is 3
3x1 and 3x2 is 3 and 6
3+6 is 9

Ya'll retarded

It’s 1

P.E.M.D.A.S.

Most only do parentheses first and subtract 6 from 36 and get 30, instead of subtracting 36 from 6.

shit my first answer would have been 1 and its wrong.

man i faild at existence

cymath.com/answer?q=6/2(1+2)

(P)(E)(MD)(AS)
go back to school

If your actually retarded just type it in a calculator