Music for 12-14 year olds

Hey Sup Forums, I need your help.

My girlfriend and I purchased two iPod nanos for her siblings' birthdays (they share a birthday) and I'm looking for some good albums to put on the iPods before we gift them.

I'm thinking along the lines of Animal Collective, or Boards of Canada. I remember listening to Daft Punk at that age as well.

I don't want to overwhelm them, but I know this has the potential to sow the seed of love for music.

What would you guys put on an iPod for your younger siblings?

I think Tongs-PW AnCo is a good choice, as well as Boards of Canada, maybe not Dawn Chorus though.

Try Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich, early Autechre, Selected Ambient Works 85-92, and maybe some American Football for something more organic. Radiohead won't hurt, either.

P L A N T A S I A

Blink 182

this

Kate Bush

wait what the fuck how am i just noticing that kate has two dogs lying with her in the album cover
this is fucking with me

nigga how did you not notice?

I think BoC Maxima would be the perfect Boards of Canada album for a kid to listen to. None of the songs are particularly dark, and it definitely has that childlike nostalgia and feeling of wonder.

Also I feel like putting on some music that might be perceived as "dad-rock" would be nice. Maybe Machine Head by Deep Purple.

At 14 I liked:
If Yer Feeling Sinister
Fleet Foxes S/T
Pavement
NMH - ITAOTS and Everything Is EP (stuff like Aunt Eggma Blowtorch was important for later more avant garde stuff)
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Beach House
Kid A
And listless buttindie reddit-core

this + Gorillaz, Portisheads first couple of LPs, Endtroducing. the Best of Massive Attack, Burial & Untrue, and also Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and the Best of Joy Division. Maybe some classic hip-hop.

The Smiths and the nice energetic songs from ITAOTS like hilland 1945, king of carrot flowets pt 1-3 and I guess the title song. Oh and two headed boy don't forget about fool as well.

I always thought that album cover could look like some sort of galactic cloud

This is pretty fun to listen.

Mindless Self Indulgence
System of a Down
The Locust

You're grooming them, OP. Don't be a creep.

I loved all three in high school. Try listening to MSI now. Awful shit. Toxicity is still good but it's 90% nostalgic enjoyment. The Locust will always be awesome. I wish they'd release one more album.

Everything in pic related is stuff I enjoyed around mid-high school and can still enjoy. That MWY album maybe came out a little later actually I can't remember

Hollywood Undead

How about you let them find their taste of music on their own