What do you think about this?

What do you think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8O7DSkKe_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's very good. It's a shame that Hack Zimmer is gonna do the soundtrack for the sequel.

Vangelis is pretty good
fuck

>hack Zimmer
dude he makes great scores for movies, he's popular because he can score a movie really well and it helps that he's always scooped to score actually good movies instead of run-of-the-mill hollywood garbage

>ripping off stravinsky for 120 minutes
no thanks

A soundtrack way too good for the movie it's in.

he fucking makes the corniest unimaginative shit ever.

sauce?

he makes bland basic as fuck soundtracks

>thinks Zimmer is the only film score dude who has ripped off legit composers
youtube.com/watch?v=N8O7DSkKe_4

Here's a video showing why it happens in the film industry, using examples of John Williams using actual bits from guys like Holst and Stravinsky.

What about disc 2 and 3 on this version?

>run-of-the-mill hollywood garbage
christopher nolan is hollywood garbage with pretensions.

a film score composer's job is to make the movie feel as good as possible.
reflect every emotion shown on screen (at that exact second)
i don't get way they get so much criticism especially Zimmer who seems to have a command over what sounds right with every scene he scores

People I know who have this opinion of Nolan usually aren't able to show why, and often have even some of the more basic themes in a Nolan movie go completely above their heads. Just like the contrarians here who shit on Radiohead or Pink Floyd yet are unable to pick up on everything that happens musically on those guys' albums.

TL;DR you're being a contrarian even though there are movies and games Zimmer has done that would be more easily able to prove your point like Amazing Spider man 2 or Call Of Duty

objectively not true. he's the /ourguy/ cinema director

It's his sterile, imagination-less film making with absolutely awful dialogue.

Film score guys in general? At least from the academic perspective watch what I linked For Zimmer in particular? He's done some soundtracks with cool ideas (which may/may not be his, which is again, common in film scores, watch that video), but he's also done a lot of crappy movies where he just phones it in and the latter often gets talked about more when people shit on him while the former gets talked about more when people praise the shit out of him.

His colors are muted, sure. But that's a stylistic choice he himself makes, not anything legitimately sterile, just a dude who's obviously inspired from noir films. Also not sure how you can say the dude that made Memento is imagination-less, but I guess that's your opinion.

Noir is very creative, it worked with lighting and creative use of shadows. Nolan is brown and sober.

>it worked with lighting and creative use of shadows
Oh, you mean like how Nolan also has really dark shadows for the same reason and how his lighting style is far from conventional generic movie light?
>Nolan is brown
BROWN? Like, shit if you said grey, yeah that would make more sense. But brown?

Esper Retirement Edition best edition

>"And after all that..."
>"I was kind of just left thinking..."
>"Everything's gone a bit..."
>"Sideways"

It made for a shit videogame