Vietnam appreciation thread

When you think about it, Vietnam is actually a pretty great country
>vietnamese immigrants are hard working and integrate well
>vietnamese posters are polite and never butthurt
>vietnam is a badass country that defeated france, usa and china

t. Nguyen

>defeated us

That's being very lenient considering, for one we didn't send our entire military, and secondly, we left because of lack of support at the home.

During the Vietnamese War the U.S. military had around 2-3.6 million active duty troops at any one time. We only ever sent in 543,000 troops to Vietnam, that is including base guards, and people who did not fight.

How the hell does that classify as the entire U.S. military?

If we'd sent even 1.5 or 2 million troops we would've blown the North Vietnamese to hell and back.

but you didn't
thus, you lost

Beat me to it

Blow it out your ass: the post

bro, you lost

t. Ngó Hà Chõ Trù

that's not even close to any Vietnamese name lmao
Here's a list for future shitposting:
Nguyễn Phú Trọng
Trần Đại Quang
Nguyễn Xuân Phúc
Đinh La Thăng
Trần Quốc Vượng
Nguyễn Văn Bình
Ngô Xuân Lịch
Trương Hòa Bình

I actually agree, Viets are best immigrants

>Viet
>Good immigrants

They are literally Polak/Eastern European tier her and the worst oriental immigrants by far. I know they are good immigrants for other Euro countries but in here they are shit tier

It was a proxy war between the US and USSR/China, Vietnamese were just the dumb cannon fodder used in a superpower confrontation.

>open thread
>want to bantz Americans
>realize we were also in the...
Dammit.

Worst ally

And every war since 1914. ;)

I think the actual number of combat troops in Vietnam was never more than about 25,000 men.

I'm viet and I honestly found these patronizing threads cringey as fuck
Don't about other Viet but viet immigrant usually kept it to themselves that they are viet
>muh pho

>no more than 25k combat
>50k dead
What, you think the US send expeditionary force, have it being wiped out and send another batch?
What about the 100k wounded

also vietnamese girls are qts

Not all of the dead in a war are combat troops, silly.

Yeah, but there are certainly more than 25k combat troops
What the fuck was going through your head when you type That?
They even issue a draft because they need combat troops

yes, that's how a successful insurgency works. the Vietnamese beat us: deal with it

The Vietcong were completely obliterated in the Tet Offensive though, for the remainder of the war we only had to fight the regular NVA.

Kennedy wanted to go all-out in Vietnam as opposed to LBJ's limited war; he genuinely believed China was behind it all and plotting total domination of Asia.

Would have been a bad idea desu, that just invite China down
Also, within the communist party of Vietnam, there's a split between pro Chinese and pro Soviet
The Pro Chinese one always push for big attack, either to win decisively and Vietnam own debt to China or weaken them and Vietnam depend more on China
They were responsible for the disaster of Tet Offensive and the 1972 Spring Offensive
Giap, the general, wanted to wait till the 80s to pull an all out war, but with the pressure of the party he were forced to hastily organized an offensive
It was his protegee in 1975, Dung, who did exactly what he wished he could have done and took all the credit
Source: Victory at all Cost by Cecil B Curry

>Would have been a bad idea desu, that just invite China down

That's what LBJ and McNamara feared anyway. Though also remember that China had nuclear weapons by the late 60s (they didn't have them yet when Kennedy was president), which could have also factored in their thinking (nuclear powers never go to war with each other).

If they do so the Soviet would help China, potentially prolong the Cold War
The Soviet China split are essential in collapsing the communist bloc

Better not turn to a great anti-China thread. That would be boring.

Vietnam is very hot, it's always 30 C+ throughout the year.

It's not clear what China would have done if we invaded North Vietnam since Mao Zedong said different contradictory things. Once he claimed "Let them come. We fought them in Korea, we can fight them again." but then he told Edgar Snow in 1965 that China had no intention of fighting to save North Vietnam and they wouldn't engage American troops unless we crossed the border into Chinese territory.

Also when China exploded their first atomic bomb in 1964, LBJ contemplated a preemptive strike on Chinese nuclear facilities but dismissed the idea as too dangerous. If so, the plan was to use unmarked aircraft.

There were a few vague suggestions offered to the Soviet Union that China was a danger to both us and them and we should join forces to destroy their nuclear facilities, but no reply came out of Moscow.

China is extremely unstable during that time with all that Culture Revolutions.
Not Sure how sane Mao is by 65
Hey fellow Vietbro
Where do you live
I used to live in Quan Binh Thanh

>China is extremely unstable during that time with all that Culture Revolutions
While true, the PLA was not affected much by the Cultural Revolution and remained very much a viable fighting force during that time.

I would debate that based on their performance in 1979, but you are right, some other factors are in play
China would have no industrial capability to fight a war with the US

Not in Sài Gòn, but also in the Southeast.

superior bun bo hue incomine

Binh During?
I'm Vietnamese, lived in Vietnam for 11 years, so I should know where if you said so

God what an ugly language.

It's not pleasant for foreigner that's for sure
But it's pretty simplistic, there are next to no grammar

Are you going to deny American war crimes in Vietnam as well now?