Why are The Flaming Lips so underrated on Sup Forums?

They're Radiohead's best contemporaries!

Would you like to know how I know you're a newfag?

The Stars Are So Big...I Am So Small...Do I Stand A Chance??? is one of the greatest musical moments of the 2000's.

See?
Fuck you faggots.
I bet there is a Grimes or K-Pop thread blowing the fuck up right now, and you pussies prefer Animal Collective.
Fuck this place, FUCK IT!

Fuck Grimes and K-Pop, but AnCo are better than The Flaming Lips

Cause Wayne is a cuck sellout.

Because Mercury Rev are better

it is simply understood by all that they are great, nothing to discuss

BYE BITCH HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME ON MU FFFFAGGOT!!!!!

I like them but they have an extremely bloated discography full of pointless spacey noodling

They are THE Cosmic band.
Just like Ween's The Mollusk is THE nautical LP.
C'mon.

Yoshimi is literally their only good album. Though, it is a REALLY good fucking album.

Holy shit, imagine being this retarded.

>trips wasted on an opinion this bad
Kys

>It Over Takes Me one of the best songs of any decade
I love The Flaming Lips, but dude... What the heck

Yoshimi is good, but it's pretty low in their discography, even among EPs and weird releases. This is how you mark yourself as a pleb.

Bitch I said the second half, invest in some glasses.

I just didn't understand. I'm sorry...

No problem user, I apologize as well.
I apologize to everyone I wrong on this board, I just get too impassioned sometimes.

It's all good :)

>
>It's all good :)
xD

Ouch...

They're fucking shit like anything Sup Forums tends to like. Your comparison to Radiohead is true precicely because of this.

The Flaming Lips are awesome, but very past their prime. Honestly hope they record one last great album and hang it up for a while.

Saw them live performing The Soft Bulletin in full. The performance was great, but Wayne was obviously stoned out of his gourd and went off on nonsensical 20 minute rants between songs. I shouldn't have expected otherwise but it did ruin the pacing of the show.

2011-The Terror is arguably their greatest era. I don't think anyone will defend Oczy though.

I'm pretty certain Oczy was just Wayne Coyne following through on a tripped-out desire to fuck Miley Cyrus while using an album recording as convenient cover.

>le ebin contrarian meme "everything Sup Forums likes is le trash :^)"
Stop trying so hard. If you're on Sup Forums after 2009 your taste in music is shit and you should stop pretending it's anything but.

Right? He's really come across as a creepy old asshole the past few years

I used to be huge into them when I was younger but looking back now they just seem so incredibly dull...

'The Soft Bulletin' will always be a deserved classic and exempt from that but everything else they've done is pretty whatever. Also Wayne has turned into a complete tosser. The Miley era was the last straw.

I'm sure they were talked about more in the past, but Wayne is in ultra midlife crisis mode at the minute

After Wayne Coyne made the band restart Yoshimi Part 1 because there "wasn't enough people singing along" I haven't quite been able to enjoy them the same way

>listening to Flaming Lips once

Hpw dp you guys handle Wayne's awful singing? Not memeing, really want to get into them but seriously can't stand the singing.

Embryonic and The Terror are great albums
I've tried some of their other stuff (Soft Bulletin, At War with the Mystics, Yoshimi, Zaireeka), but didn't care for any of them.

Hard to keep discussing them since they have been shit for years now and Wayne's persona has been revealed to be that of a manchild, and his "wacky stoner uncle antics" are more annoying than quirky at this point.

Sure, they had a few good albums back then and those are generally liked around here, so i don't get what you complain about. I'm sure The Soft Bulletin/Yoshimi are seen as essential by most (personally i think they are merely ok)