WHERE IS THE LEAK

WHERE IS THE LEAK

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2017/09/14/550446122/first-listen-godspeed-you-black-emperor-luciferian-towers
mega.nz/#!gLQCSZbA!SQPs-mb0xkcrDwTLfoBGYnNtbmB_QDeKKd8B3Pvz_GY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's an npr first listen

Yeah
npr.org/2017/09/14/550446122/first-listen-godspeed-you-black-emperor-luciferian-towers

The whole thing is on Youtube

GYBE are rather skilled at being consistenly shit and this album showcased this fact even further.

What did they mean by this?

They hate Zionist Jews, clearly.

>band is far-left
>the far-left (focus on far-left, not center-left liberals) doesn't support israel because of its genocidal actions against palestine
idk what they could possibly mean by this.

Any person who isn't born with a psychological disorder is against genocide.

not everybody who labels the same things as genocide though. most people don't view what iseal does as genocide. most of the far-left does. and the band is far-left.

I'm not familiar with the band at all, but I would say that normal people don't support murder.

Most western governments support the state of israel, and in many places the BDS movement is banned. In some places you'll be called a nazi for not supporting israel (mostly in germany)

But their music is instrumental. What does any of this have to do with their music?

>every GYBE thread is now just politics and "emotional dishonesty" memes

read the bandcamp description of the new album (pic related) and look at which sparked the discussion.

Why would you take this seriously? I don't think it was intended to be taken seriously at all. And again, their music is instrumental.

It leaked days ago, check the archive

>Why would you take this seriously? I don't think it was intended to be taken seriously at all.
how the hell do you come to this conclusion? gy!be was always political, especially the other project by efrim a silver mt. zion was. gy!be music was always serious and not just a joke. why would their own, obviously passionate description of the new album be a joke that is "not intended to be taken seriously"?
>And again, their music is instrumental.
are you seriously implying that instrumental music can't hold any meaning?

>gy!be music was always serious and not just a joke
I didn't even imply that.
>are you seriously implying that instrumental music can't hold any meaning?
You're being ridiculous. Could you or any of their listeners have come to the conclusion they described in the description? That's what I was trying to say. The answer is no and ultimately - why would you care so much about a description on Bandcamp?

if you read the track titles you could come to similar conclusions:
>bosses hang
>anthem for no state
what i'm trying to understand is why you are trying so hard to strip the meaning of their music away. their radical politics is obviously one of their main drives and influences while creating their music. they are telling you that as clear as day with the track titles and the description of the album. do you try so hard to ignore that because you don't like these politics? if so then this might just not be the band for you.

>why you are trying so hard to strip the meaning of their music away
I'm not trying to strip away anything from instrumental music. A message through lyrics isn't conveyed in their music. That's all. Musicians have different political views. What's the problem? They're not going to affect policies.

I suppose you've heard of the Pop Group, PiL and Bob Dylan. Those are for me, for example.

gibe gybe

much obliged

Is that a private tracker? Why would you go through so much trouble when Soulseek, rutracker and other public torrent sites exist?

mega.nz/#!gLQCSZbA!SQPs-mb0xkcrDwTLfoBGYnNtbmB_QDeKKd8B3Pvz_GY

>GYBE confirmed for ant-semitic hate group, the band is also frequently discussed on alt-right hatesite Sup Forums

Honestly, I wish they'd give up on the predictable crescendos and make a full-on drone album.

Do you think their music sells and plays itself or is made and sold by people?

>A message through lyrics isn't conveyed in their music
No one implied that it was. Sounds can be interpreted however you want. However, the same people that made the instrumental music went through the effort of writing down one specific way the sounds are to be interpreted, not on some unrelated platform but as part of the album release. You not only argue that this should have no bearing on the listeners' interpretations of what the musicians are trying to convey in their music, but you go so far as to imply that the fact that they make instrumental, which you view as inherently devoid of meaning, must mean that the people behind the music are devoid of any political opinion, the insinuation that they are indeed political therefore not being an adequate explanation of their boycott of the state of Israel.

Listen to the Hiss Tracts album with David Bryant and Kevin Doria. I think you will find what you're looking for

the most pretentious thing i've ever read, looks like it was written by a Marxist College student

>Implying implications
This conversation is clearly going nowhere. I'm not sure why you're angry either.

this entire site has been sullied by the 2016 election

What's more, implying implications when I've clearly confirmed I wasn't making or had the intention to make.

They're anarchists from Montreal. Having lived there I guarantee they aren't pretentious, they're very dedicated to the cause