Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums.

any good sci-fi books that any of you could recommend?

bump

The foundation series by isaac asimov starting with "the complete robot"

Unfortunately, I already have this book. But it sure is a good read.

Revelation Space series by Alistair Reynolds is pretty good.

Enders Game or any related

Dresden files

Read 2001: A Space Oddessey by Artur C. Clarke, then read the rest kf the series. The book makes much more sense than the movie.

read this last year its killer.

Anything by Simon Spurrier, especially "Lord of the Night" - it's 40k universe but it's fuckin good

Read the caves of steel then, it's his first robot novel and the next book in chronological order

Three Body Problem - Cixin Liu
Thank me later

Cool, i'll check this out. thanks.

Already have it and read it, but thanks anyway. great book.

Already have it and read it. great book as well. i wish they continued with it.

Already have it and read it, and I agree with you. The books really did make more sense.

sweet. i'll check that one out. i heard good things with this one.

Seconding All of Alastair Reynolds is good. He writes in his own, fictional universe, with a lot of unconnected novels and short stories set in it. He's probably my number 2 pick.

CJ Cherryh's Cyteen is amazing. Her Union/Alliance universe (same thing: a universe with a number of disconnected novels) is not as good, on average, as Reynolds. But Cyteen was fucking great, and beats Reynold's best.

Also The Swarm by Frank Schätzing, despite containing a lot of flat-out plagiarism, is enjoyable.

name?

You probably read this masterpiece, but whatever.

Robert A. Heinlein books. Starship Troopers in particular.

Alaston alaikäinen poika
(use google images for it, there is very nice art for it).

Sauce comrade user?

Alaston Esiteini.

Peter F. Hamilton's The Night's Dawn Trilogy

The bible

Fuckin' E P I C!

Oh, and duh. Just in case you haven't read them already:

Kim Stanley Robbinson's Green Mars trilogy and Capitol Trilogy. Which are both now out as omnibus editions. Those two series are the best hard sci-fi ever written, by far.

More of the girl?

The sequel Dianetics falls terribly short though

I've recently read Ninefox Gambit by some Korean dude.

It was really interesting and creative. It was sexy and slick as well as gorey and violent and kept me in suspense as to the final plot twist right to the end. Would recommend.

If you're after something a little longer and established then Peter F Hamiltons Commonwealth saga is well regarded in the genre. I found it amazing how he could build such a complete far future Galaxy and have so many disperate and diverse characters within yet keep a sense of human struggle. Political and industrial intrigue as well as classic space opera high tech warfare and police investigations. I give it a solid 9/10.

Who dis?

More a short story and on LEDDITxD but it's still good imo.

Chrysalis on /r/hfy

Warhammer 40k novels

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I second that