What do you think of gaming laptops?

What do you think of gaming laptops?
personally I a gaming laptop and desktop and they're both quite good.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/q6Wxnn
notebookreview.com/notebookreview/msi-gt73vr-titan-pro-review-beautiful-beast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gaming laptops will never come to gaming desktops in any regard, except for the obvious portability.

they're coming close, that's for sure, i got full fat desktop card in mine

which card? pls be 1080 so I can fucking smash your benchmarks with my desktop 1080

nope i got 1050, 1080 would cost too much for me

Twice the cost, half the performance

Fuck laptops

I think gaming is for big dumb faggots. I think gaming on PCs is for big dumb fags. I think gaming on consoles are for good goy fags.

Gaming laptops are useless, better buy a good desktop and stream the display when you want to play games on your laptop

building your own desktop will cut cost in half and better performance

yes i do agree that you should get a desktop if you can but if not laptops are a much better option than they were a couple years ago

Not really anymore. The tech has advanced, it's pretty much the same price now.

every gaming devices are nice, just buy whatever you can afford and game on.

how much did you spend on your laptop?

also
videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

check out the gpu performance difference between the GT 750 and GT 750m.
m is obviously for laptop.

i don't know, i mean i don't know where you can get a gtx 1050 desktop for 350 dollars(my laptop is $700 with a gtx 1050 desktop card) anywhere.

i spent 700 bucks on my laptop and with the 10 series gpus, nvidia finally started shoving desktop cards inside laptops

I'll let you fags rate my new purchase, and to the guy saying laptops can't compare to PC's, check these specs and tell me we're not close.

Payed $1500 original price is 1800, discount

still a x50 card, which is shit teir.
my monitor is 2560x1440 @165hz, I prefer to max everything out and still hit 165fps on it

x50 isn't really shit tier, i can play most of my games at high 1080p 40ish fps or even ultra in some like arma 3

Trash processor, 60 Hz refresh rate. Max 3 hours of gaming before battery runs out. Pretty shit overall 3/5

3gb/s 5400 rpm (shit hard drive)

not like you can even web browse without having it plugged in

>40 fps. absolutely disgusting

it's not my main rig(my main desktop has a 970) but it's really good for on the go(better than ps4)

>HP

Enjoy the few months before it fries.

I need to re-apply the thermal paste on my cpu, but I've delid the 7700k and replaced the TIM with thermal grizzly. even at 100% load I don't see this chip go over 75 degrees now

i own infact a gaming laptop, desktop and console. try it sometime

sounds like a waste of money to me

not really in my case
desktop:main machine($1000)
Laptop: gaming, programming, 3d modeling on go
console:80 percent of friends are console gamers

Those RAM timings tho.

I haven't fucked with the ram timing at all, literally just changed it to 3200 and left it alone.

desktop $3400
pcpartpicker.com/list/q6Wxnn
vs
laptop $3600
notebookreview.com/notebookreview/msi-gt73vr-titan-pro-review-beautiful-beast/
running pcmark 8 on my current desktop now to compare to the laptop

Triple the cost for half the power. If you really need the portability, laptops are the only option for now. In 10 years, Razer will have gaming tablets that don't suck.

6274 on the pcmark result for desktop
4928 on the pcmark result for laptop
19711 on the firestrike mark for desktop
14185 on the firestriike mark for laptop

results don't lie user

try gaming

Upgraded from a 4 year old Lenovo y510p to my desktop. 4 years ago the laptop cost me $1400, can't play assassin's Creed syndicate over 15 fps on minimum detail 720p. The desktop I built runs it on 1440p max 60 fps (won't go higher due to framerate caps on AC games.