>consume the meat with the hunger of ravenous beasts
>ascend to godhood
>acquire food poisoning
>transcend to higher plane from your mortal coil

thrown on a late night campfire with salt pepper and drenched in barbecue sauce

now thats something i want to try!

That is a midrare steak faggot.

Amerifag detected

Sink your teeth in it while the cow grazes.

What's the point in a pinch ? It'll make no difference. You gotta be generous with such a big piece of meat

>best way

... is with lots and lots and lots of beer. And if you have more steak left at the end of the beers, so be it. My way.

Ah, the Gordon Ramsay way

Knife and fork.

Dumb shit.

This thread has killed me. burnt, bbq sauce, toaster .... I don't want to live on the same planet as you heathens. I have just killed myself as I pressed enter.

Meat is murder

its about that sting, that doesnt stop the taste of the meat

Medium-well, plenty of ketchup

okay im done. bye.

Depends on the cut.
Fillet - Blue or Saignant.
Rump - Rare
Ribeye - Medium Rare
Shin - Slow cook well done

In terms of seasoning, plenty of salt and finely ground pepper at the start. Add a little extra before resting if it needs it.

>boom
My maaaaan

hmm thoughts on hanger steak?

When I did eat steaks I found the best way was doing a deglazed pan sauce, if you've never done this you'll shit your pants, it tastes like your eating a $100 dollar dinner :

- take it out of the fridge and put it on a plate, let it reach room temp before cooking, this is really important, cooking a cold steak makes it get tough

- get a cast iron pan nice and hot, put a tablespoon of butter or so onto it

- hit the steak with salt and pepper and drop it on the buttery pan, let it cook like that for 4 minutes

- flip the steak only once and let it cook another 4 minutes, put some thinly sliced shallots and garlic into the butter as well while the steak is cooking. If you aren't cooking with shallots you're missing out.

- put the steak on a plate it'll keep cooking sitting there, take the pan off the heat and let it cool down a little, then pour about 1/2 a shot of whiskey onto the pan and stir it around with a spatula, the alcohol lifts all the greasy fat and steak juices off the pan, pour all that and the garlic + shallots on top of your steak
-

Medium rare made in a sous vide.
Butter, oil, thyme and garlic in pan. Get all of those near cooked. Salt and pepper both sides of steak after removing from sous vide. Turn burner temp to medium high, sear both sides of steak and edges. Done.

I think we call it the inner skirt or something in the UK. I've not had it but I would assume rare to medium rare as it does less work than the outer skirt.
I'm not sure which way is best to slice it though...

What temp is best?

137°f for no more than 1.5 hours

That low?

>Warm it up just til it has that "This could have been freshly killed" level of warmth.
>Consume raw

Not even trying to be a cunty edgelord, raw meat is the shit. (Best to buy it grass fed though since they don't use antibiotics which strip the meat of it's organic balance of good and bad bacteria allowing the bacteria that does come into contact with it to be a random clusterfuck of shit that can lead to serious illness if you consume it. Or at least that's my best guess.)

>sous vide.
sous vide is for fucking trash people, why are you cooking your food in fucking plastic?

Grass fed has a better fat balance for health.

At an internal temperature of at least 140°

Good call, thanks.

(or at least that's my guess) people like you need to die.

Come on in pussy lovers. Love dat meaty pussy.

Yup. Makes a perfect steak. Good steak is an inside cut so eating it at any temp is safe.

>straight from butcher
>Well aged
>1 inch thick
>enough salt, a pinch of rosemary, garlic and thyme
>heat the frying pan until, the oil starts smoking
>45 seconds on each side

>Sirloin
>Pinch of salt and pepper
>vacuumseal it with a small knob of butter and a cracked clove of garlic
>50 degrees in sous vide 1 hour 20 minutes
>give it a nice char in the pan
>rest 5 min

You cannot top this

>trash
Sounds like you can’t afford the cooker to me.

So you chill your steak to 50 degrees before cooking it in a pan? I thought the general consensus was to let it get to room temperature(~70 degrees) before cooking???

>medium
>butter, not oil
>salt, pepper, nutmeg and a splash of tabasco
>serve with potatos (mashed or sliced) and veg

I can definitely understand why that would be your reaction. I will clarify though when I say "guess" I mean that I had a hard time finding really conclusive data, and of the information I did find that seemed the least like horseshit. "Guess" was used somewhat inaccurately, more just to say "Maybe this, don't take it too seriously though."

That may still put me within the range of people you want executed, but yeah.

He must have mistyped - it should be 150 degrees in the sous vide

Am I only one who likes cool rare?

>rub salt and pepper on it
>grill till rare
>take off grill let sit 5 minutes
>minor splash of salt on cut pieces, drink with a nice cold lager or ale

for you fags that dont know how to tell without cutting into the steak use this trick:
number you fingers like this
index: rare
middle:medium
ring: well done
pinky: shoe leather
press your thumb against the finger that corresponds to how well done you want your steak. hold in this position and press your other index finger against the meat of your thumb. The rigidity of your thumb-muscle should be similar to the rigidity of the steak for the desired tenderness.

works everytime without fail. unless you have fat fucking hands, in which case your ideal steak is shoved into a fucking loaf of italian bread yoou uncultured swine

freeze dried and then 5 minutes on each side

Medium to medium rare.

Seared perfectly.

Salt, pepper, tablespoon of clarified butter in the pan unless grilling it, in which case just slather it on the outside before the other seasonings.

Nothing more.

>until the oil starts smoking

Yea it's not supposed to do that.

Steak is like the basic bitch of meat. It's the go-to of meat-eaters with no imagination.

You need a good rack of lamb, barbequed more along the back to make the fat crisp. Just a little salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic rub.

Come on carnivores, step it up!

Plebs. Reverse sear. Place a heavily salted and peppered 11/2 inch rib eye in the oven for 35-45 minutes at 245. Let sit for 15 minutes. No tent. Once it has sat put in a fuckoff hot cast iron one minute per side. Enjoy

Blue. No sauce, no salt. Just meaty, bloody goodness.

Spaduch!

well done

hanger and skirt basically the same. both good for fajitas with fatty marbling.
also fucking expensive now. I cannot find it for less than that of premium t bone/ rib-eye costs.
>marinate for 4+ hours (hanger/skirt) grill on high heat. char outside pink inside. about 5 minutes each side (2:30, 2:30, --2:30 2:30). flip perpendicular each time for hatchmarks

12oz Rib steak Cooked mins each side in a very hot cast iron pan, like smoking hot.

After cooking, remove and leave on a warm plate. Season with salt and pepper and fresh garlic butter.

Leave at least 4 minutes resting, turning it in the juice/butter.

Serve with crispy potato of some kind, dressed salad leaves and extra garlic butter.

If this thread was about what's the best piece of meat I'd agree. Instead, it's about the best way to do steak.

I've eaten plenty of steak. I don't dislike it, there are just meats and cuts much tastier, better-textured, and more versatile than even the best steak.

Chekd. And. Spaduch is an italian lamb kebab. Whos basic now bitch?