Now...glass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7peCwr7lP2w
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dnd-kTbAw
freemusicarchive.org/music/RiceCorpse/Mrs_Rice/
youtube.com/watch?v=e-HazFLxl1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder that we memed DG into this with the *glass breaks* memes

i watched a couple videos of him performing. i don't understand why he bleeds sometimes. he's just rubbing his lips against the flat side of the glass, not the sharp edges

also his ''music'' is complete shit

He's shoving the edge of the glass into his face, you stupid fuck.
The glass isn't rounded at the edges. He's basically pushing a shard of broken glass into his cheek.

Fake as shit. You actually thing he's cutting himself and bleeding? That's all berry juice and ketchup

>He's shoving the edge of the glass into his face, you stupid fuck.
not in any of the videos i watched. or in that op picture
ps. you're a faggot

I imagine thats what you tell yourself after licking your sjw gf's period pussy you sissy faggot.

>tfw noise will now become mainstream
Literally never thought i'd see the day

Are you trying to use having a gf as an insult? Lol virgin faggot

noise became mainstream in 1994

Its so bizarre that someone I considered an "out there" musician 4 years ago is now getting buzz on Sup Forums

Have I outgrown this place? There's no point to coming here if my indie cred supercedes the average poster's.

Are you fucking retarded or do you really not understand that the edge of something doesn't need to be pointing directly at a surface to be shoved into it? Go find a piece of broken glass and shove it into the side of your face like he does, you stupid little shit. See how little you bleed.

Everyone on Sup Forums has sex. You came to the wrong board to project your virginity on. I'm starting to think you actually only just take it up the ass.

"""no"""

>Everyone on Sup Forums has sex
y-yeah

I'm just confused how his thing works
Does he just shout and breathe against the glass and the knob bit with the cord picks up the vibrations?
Couldn't he just rub it with stuff and call it a day

yes
he could but that wouldn't be cool

I think you put ketchup on your window at night when no one is watching and make humming noise with your mouth up and down and pretend you're Lucas

Welcome to my world.

>supercedes
You're using the wrong word bud

interesting thing but ultimately just noise. I wonder how DG are gonna use it, if it's gonna be pure noise or try to sample it for catchier stuff

How so? There's probably a better word to use but I was reading something that used it while making that post and didn't feel like thinking of something else.

>He doesent know that the human voice has unique formant frequencies and when sent through different objects it gives a different tone.

Supersede would mean that within that sentence you are suggesting that before people learned of this guy you knew more than most Sup Forums users and so felt good coming here but now people have found out you know more than most people on Sup Forums (same as before) and so you don't like coming here

Supercedes means replaces. You're thinking of a word like overshadows, eclipses or exceeds.

they're going to make it catchy. iirc one of the earliest dg interviews andy or zaach is quoted saying "we're not interested in making noise, we want to make something you can dance to". if there is pure noise it wont last for more than 5-10 seconds like clipping

Could be used as a solo.

No he isn't

Probably true desu

album just got confirmed for early december release. check abela's facebook

youtube.com/watch?v=7peCwr7lP2w

also in case you haven't seen it yet, Lucas and Zach have performed live in 2010
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dnd-kTbAw

so is his name lucas abela or justice yeldham

i go on my and now theres some kind of new meme here
I have to check this meme out when i finish the current album.
Anyone care to give me a rundown while i'm waiting?

death grips announced they were working with justice yeldham on their new album. he's a noise musician who makes his music by cracking a shard of glass on his face

people watched some of his live videos and had the usual kind of reaction you'd expect from Sup Forums (some were aghast, some were amused, some were annoyed etc..) so people decided to turn him into a meme "break mirrors with my face in the united states"

all that's said is that the pics are a month old

death grips are collaborating with some dude named Lucas Abela or Justice Yeldham who's touching and blowing on glass and with vibrations making noise like that.

"hopefully something rises come december" wasn't just wishful thinking on his part. it was a nod and a wink

Sounds like his music might have a bit of artistic merit but that the discussion gets ruined by memes and entry level music opinions on both sides of the spectrum.

what do you expect, it's Sup Forums. this isn't a place to discuss artistic merit

it is if you find the right user once in a blue moon

wait where is that
justice yeldham page right? maybe he deleted it

freemusicarchive.org/music/RiceCorpse/Mrs_Rice/

abella and two chinese guys > any death grips album

>death grips plays trash live
>instead of the bagpipes it's this guy playing glass

imagine... the epic.....

thanks mane

Nice

lucas abela is his real name it's obvious why is this question being asked.
It's not your first time seeing a stage name anons

How do you dance to Hot Head

>babbys first performance art

what do you mean how do you dance to hot head?
every death grips track as accessible and dancable, and I do not mean this as a bad thing.
Just play it and try to dance to it, unless you're a pure bread whitey you should be able to bust out some dance moves to it.

>also his ''music'' is complete shit
>t. what is harsh noise

I tried

Yes, that's a contact microphone. He could use anything as a sound source but one of his trademarks is that danger of glass cutting up his face. He has quite a few scars from the panes just breaking against his face. He also never stops even if he's bleeding hard. Its mostly performance art.

When he played here they memed him by having this dude as a support, and then they jammed together at the end of the night
youtube.com/watch?v=e-HazFLxl1M

who is this guy

Noise artist Justice Yeldham, Death Grips announced they'll collab with him on their new album and immediately all the 14 year old reddit users started meming

>Everyone on Sup Forums has sex.

Finally, both a figurative and literal edgelord.

you can sample harsh noise and still make a danceable song, see the first song from "from filthy tongue of gods and griots"

and clippings wriggle

They mostly sample the vocals, also not harsh noise

i didn't know it wasn't harsh noise, but a lot of the "noise" slipped into the track
that dalek song was fucking great

Power electronics, user. It may seem like I'm being elitist but there is a lot of difference between the genres. Body and Blood is the one that samples noise, although I'm not sure if Deathpile are considered harsh.

oh yeah i forgot about power electronics
its harsh and noisy it should be called fucking harsh noise, but yeah, there is a clear difference

Dude you just said there's clear differences, why should it not be differentiated?

pfft. yeah. i've had sex over 1000000000000 times

I thought there were 2 of em. lol

because the name for the distinction isn't apt.
They're both harsh noise.

There's plenty of power electronics albums that aren't harsh. Like, most of Atrax Morgue. Even early Whitehouse aren't exactly harsh.