DAY FOR NIGHT 2017

Best Music Festival 2017 Confirmed.

/WHO GOIN/?

Going just for Ryoji Ikeda DESU.

Why is this in Texas when the artists seem more indie/experimental than I'd normally think Texas would like. Are my stereotypes wrong or is it just for business reasons or what

There's a surprisingly large appeal for this stuff because liking experimental music in Texas is almost rebellious. All the freaks come out of their hiding place for this.

texas is pretty huge in the art scene suprisingly
I live in Austin where it's the most extreme but all the large cities have pretty thriving art/music districts
and also you have Denton where (bl)U.N.T. is

Yes, your stereotypes are wrong.

/whoa

>Are my stereotypes wrong
No entirely but some of the big cities are very liberal leaning and music-friendly.

I mean, you realize sxsw is held in austin right?

Headliners suck, undercard bretty gud. I'd go but maybe start pregaming for the afterparty 3/4 of the way through.

Thanks. I live in Maryland and have never been to the south before so I'm just being ignorant. I wish they had festivals like these closer to me, because this is the first festival poster I've seen that really makes me want to attend.

>implying Justice, James Blake, NIN and Phantogram are bad

lmaoing at your taste mate

Come to Houston user

You can crash with me and we'll do a bunch of poppers and whip it's.

cum to Sound on Sound and crash on my couch

Lineup sucks compared to last year, but I might go to see NIN and Jesus Lizard.

I didn't say bad, I was talking about this lineup. Phantogram is overrated, they never seem to get the sound right for James Blake at festivals and NIN/Justice are decent headliners, ten years ago.

why does converge feel the need to shit up every possible music festival? Saw them at Boston Calling and they were by far the worst band I've ever seen live. The dude yelling wasn't even yelling words it was literally just RAAAAA RAAAAA get the fuck out of here. The worst part was that the better alternative was WEEZER. Jesus.

last year was GOAT

Sound on Sound lineup destroys this year's Day for Night. Wanna go to that desu.

Texas is quickly becoming one of the most cosmopolitan states due to a long history of business growth. Hence, art scenes popping up in Houston & Dallas, and Austin's scene becoming bigger BR also more commercialized. Especially considering the lack of a comparable event anywhere in the whole South, Day for Night is placed perfectly

There's still rednecks and cowboys in small towns, but you have to drive at least an hour in any direction from downtown Houston to find them

Houston fag here

Can confirm there is a sizeable art-ho and hipster community here

lmao, I love Converge but that's hilarious and I'm not surprised. Honestly I really hate festivals because the outdoor venues can really make the bands sound like shit. def getting a one-day pass for Electric Wizard

Lmao no
Blanck mass, SURVIVE, kehlani, washed out are the only acts worth seeing.

>hurrrr lineup iz bad

This is LITERALLY just the first wave, more will be added.

Only a matter of time before Texas turns blue desu

we all ride horses and listen exclusively to country music down here partner

What does B L A C K I E play nowadays, hiphop or industrial drones?

Too much rural faggotry i fear.

they still don't breed as fast as spics too