ATT has been throttling my ducking steaming services the laat two weeks. So I call for a personal army

ATT has been throttling my ducking steaming services the laat two weeks. So I call for a personal army.

Net neutrality thread.

You nerds have been cucked into fighting a political battle for internet content corporations(Google, Netflix) against ISPs (Verizon, Comcast) and you don't even realize it.

So emotional.

So foolish.

So.. so fucking stupid.

They do not want to make your internet al a carte like cable television.

ISPs want the ability to push back on Netflix when Netflix does dumbfuck shit like not optimizing their network usage, because (gasp) this "regulation" makes it so there is no reason for them to do so.. because their connection is __free__.

You fucking what m8?
Netflix still has to pay an isp, they still have a bandwidth cap like everyone else. If they have inefficient networking then it still affects their business and customers.

Do you honestly believe that a group of internet content corporations of very similar business models have all come together, benevolently and for your interest, to argue for this concept?

.. or will you realize it is in their business interest to use law to better themselves, at the expense of the ISP's hardware/property, and subsequently the price you pay for internet access.

You have been duped. This is not your battle.

So you're suspicious of the companies in favor of net neutrality but not those against it?
At best removing the title 2 classification from internet providers would increase competition between isps.
At worst it would make the internet a la carte and/or harm smaller businesses and start ups by charging worse rates compared to larger entities, making competition among internet driven businesses worse than it already is.
As internet consumers we are all affected by this.

Yo send me where you saw all of this, I want to see if my senator has done the same or not(Oregon)

>not that guy but
The shilling isn't gonna work on this issue. Maybe later when we're all dumber for not stopping this bullshit

Local monopoly is a much larger factor in why cable is a la carte in the way it is. Don't use one arbitrary and idiotic regulation/law to justify another.

Repeal those monopolies if you are actually interested in helping the consumer.

Comcast is not trying to bully mom and pop's 20mb a month website for money, that is a ridiculous notion.

They are after the revenue of the largest companies on earth, which are as large as they are because your pal Obama allowed them to run rampant as an oligarchy in exchange for our security state's backdoor into your social media data.

This is _not_ your fight, this is squabbles between corporations and billionaires. You have been duped.

How about this, big guy? Let's just leave the internet exactly how it is, how it's always been. If we're gonna change anything, we're gonna make it a public utility and every humans god given right.

The local cable monopolies are also isp's. Most people have 1 or two companies to choose from for broadband internet.

I want to understand the argument against net neutrality better, what do isp's envision for the future? Will they be prevented from throttling or blocking competitors, like if a telephone company has internet services will anything prevent them from throttling traffic for Skype, discord, or whatever other things provide voice communications?

But I'm in favor of net neutrality, ie how it is now. Making it a public utility like the electric grid would be neat but may stall innovation and improvements because muh bureaucracy and muh government

The point is that technocrats, and their supporters like yourself, do not get in the way of markets.

Exactly. Net neutrality was only a thing since 2015. We didn't need it before then, don't need it now

Further this regulation was OBVIOUSLY payment for tech companies compliance with national security policy.

It's all over the front page of reddit. Go to the Oregon sub.

Yall niggas bitchin about the Internet right now when the fucking bees are dying off at a staggering rate

>2017
>being this fucking retarded

>(gasp)
what are you, gay?

>appealing to current year
Don't let john olivers hand go too far up your ass user

REEEEEEE corporate propaganda has me in an uproar!!!1

Yeah I just checked
As much as I disagree with my senator, at least he isn't this stupid

Bees are also concerning, how do we help?
How do we get companies that sell flowers to stop using pesticides that can cause ccd?

Do you understand how bandwidth works, retard? They throttle your speed, so other customers that aren't gluttonously "binge watching" whatever bullshit show on Netflix, don't have to deal with slow speeds because greedy pieces of shit such as yourself, can't tear themselves away from the internet from two second. Go find a woman to fuck and get off the internet for two minutes, dickhead.

We need more beekeepers. Take it up as a hobby, breed bees like people breed dogs

I feel like that would violate my lease. Can you bee keep with New England winters?