Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
I've decided to join the Navy, got a 79 on the ASVAB. Apparently I qualified for all jobs.I'm lost in life at the moment and really feel the military would set me straight. Are there any militaryfags that can give me advice?

>got a 79 on the ASVAB
congratulations
you are capable of breathing without mechanical assistance and spelling your name right 6 times out of 10

Dont lmao, if you do make sure you research the job you choose before you actually get in

I joined the army cause I could choose my job...you will come to find out all branches are filled with crayon eaters and fags but it's fun

What job did ya choose if you don't mind me asking?

basic seaman 4 lyf mauh niggaz!

Yeah, he'll make general in no time.

>join the Navy
>set me straight

Become a submariner

100 men go down
50 couples come up

Yeah, join the chair force, and try and get a higher score.

icameheretopostthis.jpg

The Navy except special units, is all faggot-y in my opinion.

I worked with SEALs
they were very gay

former army -- unless you literally have no better options avoid any branch.

In my case I joined before the internet was really a thing (1994), so information on how to escape my dead-end town was impossible to obtain.

tell us what you need to be set right about, and I promise-- pretty any advice you could get from Sup Forums is at least as good as joining.

pro-tip: recruiters _always_ lie.
for example, you may have the score for any MOS, but many of the ones that have a chance to get you a real job later in life-- those are filled already.
he'll convince you that job he doesn't have a quota for either stat inconveniently long time from now, or are somehow just too much of a bother
the few times he isn't technically lying-- it won't be the whole truth, at all

All depends if you are going enlisted or getting a commission. I always thought the military was for people who love the country, but it really opened my eyes when my brother got into the Naval Academy a few years ago. If you choose to become an officer, it is actually a great career path. They get everything paid for and they made a solid salary on top of that. While you're young, just invest the money you make and it will grow to be a fortune one day. If you're enlisted, they kinda fuck you in the ass. Those guys do all the grunt work and they get such shitty bennies compared to officers. You have to absolutely love what you do to make a career enlisted

>many of the ones that have a chance to get you a real job later in life...
very true
wanted to get into network administration
recruiter told me that all those jobs were currently filled but another job worked with them and I'd get good on the job cross training
in AIT (job training) the instructors told us that the job:
>was being phased out
>what it did was work equipment that was outdated 30 years before and hadn't been used in the army for 10
>that it had so little to do with anything that there would be no transition course to another job
>I would have to learn a new job from scratch
>I would most likely be placed in my unit's admin section doing bitch work until I became trained at another job
they were right
I wasted 3 mo at AIT, then spent another 6 mo doing bitch work putting in for every single school that was available
but bc I had a valid job as far as organizational charts were concerned I was the bottom of every list

>recruiters _always_ lie
THIS

I don't think you scored high enough for nuke. Go sub or radar if you can. Air Force vet, don't know a whole lot bout the navy I've heard those are pretty cake

Choose your rate choose your fate. If you choose one filled with retards you won't ever advance and you'll be surrounded by idiots for four to six years. Take the smartest job you possibly can. Do not be a boat chuck. Do not be a boat chuck.

It's financially rewarding as an officer, true. Not so great if you want to do something with your life or become a better person.
there is no growing up in the military officer or enlisted. just older and meaner.
40 year old men with the morals and humor of HS students.

They say you will get a job right afterwards as a nuke. You probably won't.

Become a nuke, be in demand for life

---Currently in DEP program with SEAL Challenge Contract and leaving for Basic Training as an E3 in March...

Try out for the Navy Warrior Challenge. Navy has five special warfare rates, all WAY better than fleet navy: Special Operations (SEAL), Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC), Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD), Air-Rescue Swimmer (AIRR), and Navy Diver (ND).

If you aren't a complete fat fuck and waste of space, the PST minimum standards are a joke and you could qualify for several of these rates with your ASVAB score. All have decent bonuses attached to them as well.

Whatever you do, go leave "Undesignated" or as a Pact-Seaman, Fireman, or Airman. You'll throw yourself overboard with the rest of the retards that choose to join the navy and not get a good rate.

>Navy
>Military
>NAVY
>MILITÄR

1C2X1 Heartly KeK

I'm an active duty E-5. If you're not married, go nuke, you're guaranteed more money. Any money you make unmarried before E-5 is straight garbage. It's a rough life. Try to find a non-sea going rate if you don't want awful hours. I'm a sonar tech, it's an easy job, but being at sea sucks balls.

Get a skill that pays well after you leave the service.

Me? Aircraft Mechanic. I’m making good money these days. My best friend joined the army & was a paratrooper. He jumped out of airplanes. Now, he’s an hourly wage cuck with a shitty resume.