ITT: we post our favorite album and people say bad things about them

I start

I like that album but I feel like the current Unwound fanbase and the attitude surrounding the band has a lot in common with Swans around 2008-2009. If Unwound reunites and makes a new album and tour soon expect them to become a massive meme.

they're filthy commies

That's a perfect album. Good taste.

boring

I can't get into Fake Train. I like The Future of What though.

Lucky Acid just isn't as good as the rest of the album.

Find a flaw protip you cant

Used to be my favorite too but then I grew up
>Entirety of Quiet
>Entirety of Disarm
>BANG BANG YOU"RE DEAD HOLE IN YOUR HEAD
Honestly the lyrics in general just don't hold up under scrutiny

Its only great, not amazing.

Its a bit annoying at times, but its worth it for the charm and uniqueness. Good album.

A couple lackluster song. At times a bit overproduced and too squeaky clean. Great album though.

Am I doing this right?

Its not as good as "People..." musically. Better lyrically though.

t. nu male

Babbys first noise album

It's great, but I think it's one of their worst desum

Better than People

Ill admit im sick of disarm, not so much of quiet, YET

When Corgan says those juvenile lines for some reason they dont illicit cringe in me, idk why

Yeah.

The tracks aren't listed individually.

They are digitally though. Not that I mind, I always listen to it front to back in its entirety.

more like synchroniSHITTY
space is NOT the place
pop? more like POOP
you don't need to cut your hair when you're dead IDIOTS. also lightning can't cut though rainbow
Pure? more like Poor! even Ben Stein thinks that cover is boring
what kinda fucked up person puts two naked kids on an album cover?
billy corgan sings on it
I can't maintain how terrible that album is!
Sun Ra? should call himself Sun Blah
it's pretty good

The pleb filter is not representative of the album as a whole, or really any other moment of the album.

boring
i can't stand billy corgans voice for more than 3 tracks
nothing to say. flawless album

Dragnalus might be the second greatest opening after Thunder Road.
This album is filled with great moments but Lucky Acid is just weak and annoying.

It peaks at Valentine Card / Kantina / Were, Are and Was or Is, which i would easily call one of the best rock pieces of all time, all genres included, so the latter half of the record feels a bit of a let down in comparison. It's just not a good thing to place a 14 minutes colossus in the middle of your album, in between shorter songs (i know that it was a mistake and that the three songs were supposed to be separate, but still, the end result is what i judge)

>

too snobby to be metal, too anxty to be cool

take your time fags

>If Unwound reunites
Not going to happen. Vern's alcoholism is precisely what made the band dissolve in the first place, and the other two members have firmly stated that they're not reuniting unless he can actually function -- i.e. never, since him drinking himself to death is unfortunately the more likely scenario.

I don't hate it, but I think it's bad. I never could get into noise rock tho so nothing against the band itself.
It's a beautiful album and all but it can get very annoying if listened too much.
Production sucks. I don't know if this is intended but it just sounds empty and weak production-wise
Never get the appeal of SP.
Folk Punk is a shitty genre.
I sounds too low.
>The Police
Lol.
I don't have anything bad to say about that album but I don't feel it's flawless either
I don't like Maynard voice
Never get the appeal of Bruce as well. I just sounds average to me.

Tell me more about Unwound's background. It's hard since there's so little info about the band.

Their s/t is better

What do you want to know? I bought the recent Numero Group box set and read through the entire biography, so there's quite a lot I could share from it.

How they started the band? Have Justin or Vern dated Sara Lund? Vern is an alcoholic since when?

inb4 long distance drunk

I wanna say it has filler tracks but there are no tracks I'd get rid of so I guess it's a 10/10

Anything from LTIY era?
Anything past LTIY?

>How they started the band?
It was originally Justin and Brandt Sandeno who met each other in high school, then later recruited Vern, and started a few bands that they didn't see much more as jokes, playing intentionally awful music just because they found it funny. It wasn't until they formed Giant Henry that they started wanting to take themselves a little more seriously, and then Giant Henry "disbanded" and became Unwound in 1991. Sara didn't join the band until Brandt left in 1992.
>Have Justin or Vern dated Sara Lund?
As far as I know, no. Vern had a girlfriend for most of Unwound's existence, and then broke up with her and moved to Las Vegas in 2000. He's married with children now.
The biography doesn't mention anything about Justin or Sarah's relationships, but it's implied that they didn't date each other.
>Vern is an alcoholic since when?
In a sense, about as long as the band has been around. He was always known to drink more than the rest of the band and their roadies, but was still functional regardless of that up until around the time LTIY was being recorded, in which he started becoming noticeably more unreliable to show up to gigs and recording sessions, and more violent and erratic (especially one time where he couldn't play bass at all, and was so frustrated at himself that he started punching the wall hard enough to make his knuckles bleed). The first verse of "Look a Ghost" is actually based on a true story when Justin witnessed Vern drunkenly fall down a flight of stairs.

I wonder how much worse it would have been if they went mainstream and didn't remain as an underground act.

They actually thought Repetition was going to be their mainstream breakthrough, since the lead single "Corpse Pose" seemed like it had the potential to be a big hit. It did end up being their most successful album during the band's existence, but still only sold less than 20,000 copies.

what album was considered the fan favorite before they broke up? was leaves that acclaimed upon release?