>let's have an economy based on trading shiny rocks instead lmao

You CANNOT make this shit up folks

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/library/what-has-government-done-our-money
youtube.com/watch?v=n-cjqjvDJO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can't print gold

You're an idiot.

It applies a physical value to the money, which can be a practical purpose or simply inconvenient for 21st century economics whoever you want.

Sup Forums doesn't know anything about economics and why we abandoned the gold standard in favor of fiat currencies

actually Sup Forums knows exactly why that happened: jews

but unfortunately a stopped clock can only tell the correct time twice a day and they don't know anything else

But gold does have inherit value. It keeps its value over time.

Paper money will live and die and become worthless. It's tied to the politics of its time. Gold will always be valued.

If you can't understand why this is an advantage then you are fucking retarded.

here's what happened and how and why

mises.org/library/what-has-government-done-our-money

free book in pdf, you literally have no excuse. have an argument or sit down and shut up

Invest in land, firearms, oil, food, water, medicine, clothes, and tools.

All else is error.

Any currency that is impossible to create out of thin air in any quantity you want is legit as long as other partied argee to exchange it for actual goods and or services

currency != money.

there are plenty of currencies that are not money goods. there is at least one money good that is not currently a currency anywhere. and then there is overlap in some lucky, free markets.

but you can find more
companies are already discussing how to mine platinum in space.
furthermore, gold had and average inflation of 1% but averages lie, you can have decades with to low inflation and ones with huge inflation and some lannister neets just earn money cause they have the right patch of land

>high school kid: the post

except gold does have inherent value, you can a hell of alot more with some gold or silver than you can with some fancy printed paper

>currency != money.

Ruh-roh.

>jews want to create funny money out of thin air with fractional reserve banking
>gold standard makes this impossible

i wonder who could be behind this?

i don't see how that at all as bad as the current erosion of the dollar we're current stuck with.

>JIDF damage controlling for the capitalist paper money scam

Your paper currency is backed by debt.

Debt is no longer being created, or paid back, because people have shit jobs and are terrified to take on a housing loan, people can't afford school anymore, and anyone who can think straight has avoided hospitals like a literal plague.

The result? No debt. And to make it worse, lenders on wall street are giving each other interest free loans, so the people who actually have the power to create economic value through debt, are instead selling stocks out on many companies, and secretly suppressing the precious metal market.

At the same time, Japan has already stopped accepting the pretro-dollar, and many nations are looking to China, who has been stocking up on gold, to create an economy with physical value.

The dollar is thoroughly fucked, because the rich greedy fuckers think all true debt should be the burden of the middle class. Now that the middle class is the lower class, there's no one to make debt. They wealth distribution has become more skewed, as the American today is more likely to be unemployed, or working part time jobs. Now, many companies have been making layoffs, and the threat of automatons replacing low-wage workers is becoming very real.

This is what happens when the entire economy, and legal system, is designed to empower the rich and disenfranchise the poor. There is just far too much room for foul play, and the banker families so far, have been able to print more money to bail themselves out of their own debt.

That won't work now though, because debt is the only thing backing our dollar, and as Americans drop down the socioeconomic ladder, they've had to move into smaller apartments, millennials are forced to stay with their parents, the majority of new cars coming off the lot are paid cash by wealthy people, or paid by some form of government assistance. You'll notice AutoZone is one of a few businesses that has not lost retail sales, and has cc actually hired... a sign of the times...

In short, the US dollar is actually a slave based currency, that can only operate based on the American public being grossly indebted.

Nations refusing the dollar is literally nations freeing Americans from bank-run slavery.

This user knows.

How do you feel about a Freigold system?

It's a little less pie in the sky than some other economic theories I entertain, and has good controls for currency manipulation. Also, it's far less debt based, and inherently reduces speculatory spending.

I can't find anything on this system, but any system that creates a currency that cannot be printed without an equal backing of hard resources, will be a step in the right direction.

We won't be able to fix this overnight, and it will have to get worse before it gets better. There are men much smarter than me who will be able to conduct this change..

We've realized that selfishness will always Trump reason, because if a man has an opportunity to profit, while the risk sits at the head of "lesser" men, you'll routinely see the elite make choices against reason that harm the entire economy.

There will need to be a complete revision of legislation in economics, to insure corruption can't destroy the new world currency, as we tend to see every currency self-destruct after 30 or so years. We've kept the dollar on life support, by draining the livelihood of the American public.

Freigeld****

Or demurrage systems in general.

I'd say that corruption and self interest will never be eliminated through legislation, rather it should be encouraged in a system that takes advantage of greed to promote innovation.

DUDE SHINY ROCKS LMAO

youtube.com/watch?v=n-cjqjvDJO0

I'll look into it, thanks.

We had the same intention, and greed brought us back to the same old finish line, where a people are so indebted to servitude they're forced to abandon the system.

In my opinion, we need a system that protects itself from the influences of outside powers. I'm not talking laws to make the playing field equal by supporting some, and disenfranchising others.. it really needs to be an economic system where a "dollar" is worth a dollar. In our current system, the dollar only has power when on the scale of millions. This amount of inflation, paired with the poor economy and high joblessness, has effectively left the power of the dollar only in the hands of the super elite, to which inflation is nothing more than an increased budget. While to the average American, it weakens their ability to live a healthy and happy life.