I challenge you to name a better Jazz musician alive

I challenge you to name a better Jazz musician alive.

Pharoah you fucking noob.

Shabaka Hutchings both in pop appeal and playing abilities

Sonny Rollins is still alive you plebs.

Herbie Hancock

Colin Stetson and Leland Whitty can sax better than this man desu

christian scott

holy fuck do you think everyone from the 20th century is dead or something?
what a shit thread

Kamasi might not be good but mentioning Leland in the same rank is just insulting

Flying Lotus

Kendrick.

angles 9

matana roberts

/thread

This

>posts only jazz album they've heard
>he is pretty good, he must be best player alive!

Henry threadgil, billy hart, sonny rollins, roy haynes, the heath bros, mark turner, mark dresser, tim berne, pharoah sanders, cecil taylor, bill frisell, william parker, craig taborn, bill mchenry, ben momder, ambrose akimusie, tim warfield, john swana, ben schachter, chris potter, dave leibman, george garzone, joe lovano, eric harland, joe chambers, mccoy tyner, herbie hancock, wayne shorter, keith jarrett, dick oatts, christian mcbride, tony oxley, ran blake, sara serpa, pat metheney, i could honestly keep going too. I pretty sure this is bait cause anyone who has listened to jazz before would no how ignorant even suggesting that kamasi is even on the same plane of anyone i mentioned, but atleast i got to make a list of people who are almost all still putting out exciting relevant music for anyone who complains jazz is either dead or all jazz fans do is wank about the old days. Fuck you, listen to music. Dont just shit post about le meme honk 2015.

Also, matthew shipp and roscoe mitchell

matana roberts

that fucking roast

Sonny Rollins is still alive? What the fuck?

George Benson

Kamasi Washington is one of the least creative soloists you could be listening to. He literally only uses a couple scales in his solos.

How many Kamasi fans do you think have complained before that most jazz is "just a bunch of scales" ?

He's a healthy dude.