The great debate

Spitfire or Messerschmitt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Cx6V0QAVEU
youtube.com/watch?v=JBnBSJ9bz3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The first post, which is also the best post.

Well considering the Spitfire won the war, it'd say spitfire.

P-51

Too many external factors to say Spitfires won the war. Just look at the planes themselves.

HAWKER
A
W
K
E
R

The Spitfire was more manouverable, more resilient, cheaper and easier to produce, more stable at altitude and generally a better design paired with higher quality equipment.

weren't the Spitfire's horribly outdated when compared with the Messerschmitt?

Yup, slower among other.
Problem with 109 was that he had 5 min of fuel for dogfight when reached England

youtube.com/watch?v=2Cx6V0QAVEU

Mistubishi.

Fw190

Neither.

Focke Wulf D-9

Ta 152

Hurricane won the war, not the spit.

neither

HERE I AM
ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

Spits are LITERALLY bf109 ripoff

Early war Bf 109s were better because of the superiour engine, but late war development on the DB601 and 605 engine fell behind English development on the Merlin.

Bf 109 is a better looking plane, though. It looks brutal.

Also
>Inb4 this is the best

Messerschmitt

This is the correct answer

During the first half of the war the Bf109 had the better engine so it outperformed the Spitfire.

It could easily disengage from a fight by diving. The Spit would stall if it tried to chase as its carburetors would choke.

HEINKEL LERCHE

As much as I hate to say it but the Spit especially the griffon spits were the best fighter planes of the war. They could out turn, out accelerate, and had an insane rate of climb. However the earlier spits were not that great expect for their turning capabilities.

>tiny fighter planes
>not gigantic """train""" killing american fighter-bombers

stuka 88

NAP51d was here. you are all faggots

I only have built the Me 109 out of legos so I pick that one.

Neither.

Why didn't the Germans try out fuel drop pods?

I know they tested some on a bomber, but why didn't they do so with their fighters over Britain?

I like the firepower of the messerschmitt more,tho galland wasnt wrong when he wanted them to win the battle for britain.I take the spitfire.

Horton ho 229

what does this have to do with politics
fucking canadian piece of shit

>le cool impractical plane that never saw combat but looks cool
this is about what won the war, so the p-51

This. Better turning than a 109 as well as great energy fighting capabilities. Early spits were worse than early 109s but later in the war there was at the very least, parity. Early spits could climb well though desu.

Spitfire.

This is the correct answer. Jug beats all.

>razorback
Disgusting desu. Bubble canopies are GOAT though. The P-47 is one of my favorite planes

DELET THIS

Fat plane for fat pilot. Murica

>nazi fantasy machine
FUCK OFF NAZIBOO

Focke wulf 190 better than both

P51 baby.

That's not how that works sorry senpai

According to some frogeater pilot those were better than Mustangs and Spitfires.

These

FOLGORE
O
L
G
O
R
E

>fantasy
That thing flew, buddy. It just came too late to be produced and used.
youtube.com/watch?v=JBnBSJ9bz3A

Yakovlev

La-7 > Yak-3

Spitfire for me. Looks incredible, the sound is legendary. I'd love one. If not that a Lancaster just to try and land in Frankfurt.

You faggots need to step up your game.

>no fuel pods

Way to miss the point Joe-Bob.

it's always the retard with the flamethrower...

Man the spitfire is a beautiful plane.

He is aiming it in front of the bazooka man, the US Army and Marine vets I have talked to all wanted the Flamethrower when hunting for Jap holdouts, Japs wouldn't fuck with you if you had it

Mosquito master race reporting in

Rogožarski IK-3

jk bro. also can't believe noone posted the almighty Pfeil

Iron Maiden Aces High or BÖC Me 262 ?

remove crumpet

I've flown both

Messerschmitt handles a bit clunkier but had better visibility. desu I'd really like to get in a zero one day

I prefer the Mitsubishi, but to each their own

What an amazing plane but its no war winner. it could've however, if mass produced fucked the allied bombing campaigns

Checkmate.

This is correct, but the Spitfire is better than the BF-109.

mass production and germans? blasphemy

This thing is ugly.

the spitfire is superior the Messerschmitt lacks maneuverability due to it being German made and therefore much heavier because it came preloaded with refugees

a6m zero

not so fast suka blyat

Messerschmitt 262 Obviously one of the first german jet fighters . Extremly eefective against the primitive Spitfires. German was machine>top!

*war

H A W K E R
P R I D E
W O R L D W I D E

The Spitfire was the most agile, by far.
The Messer had more firepower.
If the Spit pilot was better at threading, he won. If the Messer pilot was better at accurate aiming he won.

Hawker Tempest was the best of the lot though, m8.
The only plane capable of sustaining the speed and power necessary - in lower altitude, "thick" air - to shoot down the German rocket propelled V-Bombs. The P-51 was a good plane, but like all things American, it was bigged up in the extremely powerful American media.

They were late to the party but they were faster, harder and scarier than anything flying with - or against - them.

German pilots were advised to avoid Tempests with a "chin" at all costs as they were supercharged and even more powerful.
Seriously, the P51 was nowhere near as good.

war is hell. pass the beer case

>Extremly eefective against the primitive Spitfires
How common was it for them to meet? I thought the me 262 primarely where up against bombers, p51. Did the spitfire really do that much dog fighting over central Europe in the later stages of the war?

irish air force best irish air force stronk

This won the war.

>T-34 won the war

Nah , it is like throwing stones at someone
After a while , he will collapse

remove yourself from Eire you crumpet infiltrator you! and delete this!

not posting the fastest fighter of the war.

fite me