How important is attractiveness/looks in 'making it'...

How important is attractiveness/looks in 'making it' ? Would famous artists we know have been as successful if they had looked ugly? - pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tGc8jL4dzao
youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ7J_uZTIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sometimes i imagine if mc ride were a fat ugly dude with no tattoos. it definitely makes me interpret the music differently

A word could describe a generation or more of
musicians.
>Autotune.
>Sex sells
We all know this.

>Elliott Smith

What's this obsession with "making it" all about? What are we making?

super important depending on your genre. maybe it's because i'm a woman but I'm feeling intense pressure to become really underweight for my tour just to be 'photogenic' and look good at all angles / look 'special'. It's a proven track record that the thinner I am, the better people like me and the more blogs write about me. it sucks but its the reality.

elliott smith's appearance fit his music perfectly. he's not the most attractive dude ever but it worked

Where are you touring and what genre I will go c ur show

Lots of money and also music

I really appreciate it! I'm touring the northeast USA soon, I'm an electronic musician, but I think it would be really bad for me to actually identify myself with the chan

Understandable, I'm west coast anyways. Don't feel the need to lose weight itll effect performances if you're undereating, good luck!

X could literally be a model. He looks like a skinny hipster version of Shemar Moore.

Hes 5'2

he's also a baby, if he's lucky he'll keep growing

Radiohead made it

Girls love that little ginger, I have no idea why since he looks like a demon

looks like he has a wide penis

Good looks helps, but it isn't that alone that would make you suceed. Look at people like Biggie, or that faggot from Radiohead. They're ugly as fuck, but they had charm, as well as an identity to go along with it. Talent is a given, but if you don't have a genuine attidtude/identity than looking like brad pitt won't do any good.

Say what you want about Kurt Cobain, but he had the talent, the charm, and an identity. Good looks was just a bonus at that point. He was able to pull off that depressed, edgy style while snap back into rocking hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=tGc8jL4dzao
It sounds cheesy, but you really need to just be yourself. Be genuine. Now, if you're rather boring, than just do a few moves. If you feel like moving, shaking, or whatever during a song, than do it. But who knows in todays industry, hacks like gr*mes and that takemeoutside cunt make it, so it can go either way.

it depends. obviously there are some ugly successful artists. i certainly think it never hurts to be good looking. like kurt i dont think would have ever reahced the status he has if he wasnt as good loooking. its not an end all, make all but it does contribute.

>super important depending on your genre
/thread

objectively ugly musicians who made it

Elliott Smith
Will Toledo
Bradford Cox
Thom Yorke

these are off the top of my head

Tom Waits also.

Depends on the genre I think

jeff tweedy

> He was able to pull off that depressed, edgy style while snap back into rocking hard.
This
youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ7J_uZTIE

Lil Peep would not have a career if he wasn't attractive, it's literally his only redeeming quality. if he was some uggo with all those whack-ass tats whining about how much his life sucks no one would listen. I honestly can't think of a contemporary artist with a more shallow fanbase, other than Chris Brown

People are definitly shallow when it comes to everything.
If a creepy guy that is good looking stalks a woman its "cute".
If a balding fat guy buys her flowers, he is a loser creep

What about Stitches though? He's got a musical career despite being super tatted and ugly.

he has a hot face

>irrelevant meme rapper that people got tired of 2 weeks after the viral marketing didnt work and someone punched him the face
>career

literally who?

go into one of his shill threads some time, anytime you ask a lil peep fan why they like him the answer almost always is something like “he’s sexy,” “he has swag,” “his style,” etc. Usually the last thing that gets brought up if at all is his actual lyricism/ability to rap

As important than music. It's why the only 60's bands that remain canonized are the beatles, the stones and the who. They were better looking than all the other bands
>beach boys
Ugly fucks, mike love was a balding piece of shit when hair was key
>byrds
Terrible looking guys, Crosby was unbelievably ugly
>yardbirds, kinks, animals, etc
All ugly
>Dylan, Clapton, Hendrix
Rock gods
>Donovan
Ugly