What do you tink about this movie?

what do you tink about this movie?

i was confused by all the ''romantic'' drama and lack of plot. very cool but boring.
Do you have to read the novel to get the movie?

the trailers made it seem like they were trying to shove 10 hours of sci-fi special effects in to a 90 minute movie
if it is a decent movie I might see it
but the previews say it isn't

yeah its weird.
Most of the plot wasnt that great and there was nop chemistry between the 2 main characters.
But the visuals and the ideas they put into the world were awesome.
I dont regret seeing it, but I'm a bit disappointed they didnt do more with the world.

I was impressed by how many weird-ass sci-fi concepts they jammed into the thing.

To paraphrase Rollins band: it just left me with humiliated confusion

The film is realy shitty compared to the comic.
There is no novel

Luc Besson
French science fiction
Two stupids is too stupid.

You mad
Frenchiefag

The main actor doesn't suit the role at all.
Rihanna's character was criminally underutilised.

muh 6 million propaganda... most of us know dem trix and turn that shit off.

Valerian had a thing for her in the comics, but the film really shoved it in your face. A lot of plot shit seemed really glossed over, like wtf happened at the end with that ship. Was it a hologram, or did the interior of the ship somehow exist on their planet in the past?

I really wish they'd stop trying to squeeze what should be a high budget TV series into single films. Only Marvel seems to be remotely capable of pulling that off, and only because they could spend a decade slowly introducing each character before throwing them into the real shit.

Acting sucked. Characters had no depth, and director clearly couldn't coax a decent performance from the leads.

Special effects are great.

Loved the scene where Rihanna dances.

Plot. What plot?

Every trailer for this seemed like it was an action movie that couldn't get its shit together. Skipped it and it seems I was correct for doing so going by what other people have been saying about it.

the mains were fucking terrible, can't act for shit and gave off a moody teen vibe.
there were so many giant plot holes, it was embarassing.
the visuals were cool though, and the giant inter-dimensional market place in the desert was fuckin awesome.

>Valerian had a thing for her in the comics, but the film really shoved it in your face.

wait wasnt it ment to think they were a couple? he propposed to her and they kissed? i guessd they just had a shitty relationshsip

Not a couple, he basically sexually harassed his coworker until she agreed to marry him. I assume the French have far less of a problem with this than Americans do, possibly because they're much more attractive on average.

I just recently said that DC should do this instead of churning out garbage films and playing catch up to Marvel.

She got fucking captured, which took about a quarter of the movie to resolve, wearing the same Iron Man super suit we had watched Valerian run through bulkheads with. Shit made no sense.

Unremarkable actors. They are supposed to be badass "space cops" but due to the actors they feel more like annoying kids I want to slap back into obedience.
There is supposed a whole "i'm too ironic and cocky to be romantically involved with you" in the script except there is no Harrison Ford to play t convincingly.

The humpty dumpty eleven stupid planets sci-fi concepts are (really) cool but ultimately nothing more than a flashy background.

The main problem with this film is that it feels like a bad RPG game : go here and get the blue key, defeat the bad guy, open the blue door, go there and do the stuff,...

DC/WB should do basically anything than what they're currently doing. I don't know how, but they just seem to think that they just need to throw more money at their movies and they'll magically increase in quality proportionally. Ideally, they'd just cut their losses and start over with movies built on top of the Arrowverse.

Thank god I'm not french

It tried selling out to teenages but then the director changed his mind.
Great movie, 8/10.

i was pretty shocked about how childish the movie was
felt like some disneychanel shit

waste of cgi/makeup/set build talent. dehaan was real good in chronicle. he had that angry nerd shit down. here, well, hes just a big faggot. delevigne wasnt as bad as i expected, but still, she too is just one big faggy rich kid getting roles. then, you have rihanna, which the death knell of your movie. just hearing her voice is like retard overload. ethan hawke and clive owen make an appearance, and you can just see what is an actor, and what are faggots (the rest of the main cast). the acne actor was also good, i was like yeah more of this side character, less of valerian. shit, i wanted more of the cgi aliens acting than the actors. teh casting agent here should be just forcefully fed chunks of dvds until they start shitting blood. an absolute disaster. there was a submarine man, i wouldve liked him, he was on point. nope, you get faggot and his faggot slut.

I just watched it yesterday or earlier today (shit all blends together) and I agree with some of the complaints about the leads but all in all I thought it was interesting enough to keep my attention. I enjoyed all the different sci-fi type stuff (races/species, scenery, etc.).

It wasn't great but worth a watch if you are bored and don't have other shit already in line to watch.

It has a lot of problems but it's worth watching just for all the cool sci-fi stuff.

I thought it was worth watching just for Cara D

Would love to tap that ass

movie was a mess. green goblin & eyebrow chick had zero chemistry and they want us to believe they're lovers?! and the whole plot were about refugee fish people looking to buy a nibbler so it's shit can power their holodeck?!?! wtf

She looks like she always needs a shower.
Whenever I see her I can't help but want to wash her.