What are your opinions on Pantera? (I meant their groove metal stuff)

What are your opinions on Pantera? (I meant their groove metal stuff)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngMJTWUanCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better than 95% of the bands Sup Forums likes, metal or otherwise. Great vocals and vocal delivery, awesome riffs, fresh sound not just for the 90s but also today, well produced. Dweeb-y metal snobs hate them, but that's all the more reason to love them in my opinion. Some of their albums had a bit too much filler but I'll take the filler over half the non-filler crap that other bands put out. They made metal REALLY exciting and big in the 90s. I wish I saw them live in their prime.

dude white power lmao

Is this what autism looks like?

The great thing about Pantera is you could basically count on every one of their albums from Cowboys onwards having at least 3 or 4 "holy shittttt" songs on it.

>dude white power lmao
We're talking about their music, not their personalities

Cowboys:
>Cowboys from Hell
>Art of Shredding
>Domination
>The Sleep

Vulgar:
>Mouth for War
>New Level
>Walk
>Fucking Hostile
>This Love

Far Beyond:
>Becoming
>5 Minutes Alone
>I'm Broken
>Slaughtered

Trendkill:
>Drag the Waters
>Floods
>13 Steps to Nowhere

Reinventing:
>Revolution is My Name
>I'll Cast A Shadow
>Hellbound

I think Pantera is pretty good, but I kind of hate the influence they've had on Metal. I find a lot of mainstream metal from the late 90s and early 00s to sound like second rate Pantera

> groove metal

lmao that's fucking embarassing

RE

here's a sweet cover of cemetery gates
youtu.be/ngMJTWUanCA
not quite what y'all were expecting was it

I do like Cowboys from Hell more than Vulgar Display of Power. Good groove metal but nothing amazing.

RE

nu-male spotted

>Cowboys
>not even mentioning Heresy

y tho

Like twenty good songs

I can't listen to "This Love" without thinking about Doom.

Mediocre metal band but you'll like them if you haven't listened to thrash yet or aren't into metal that much.

Phil goes on a drunken racist rant in 2016 and the whole band gets labelled as a fucking white power band 17 years after they stop making music. What did liberals mean by this?

Best metal band from the 90s

>thrash metal

Absolutely horrible

The Great Southern Trendkill is 10/10
The rest is also mostly great
Phil and Vinnie are both gifted musicians despite being somewhat retarded, Rex is fucking amazing, Dime is almost not overrated.