Just got email

To the University of Washington Campus,

The Associated Students of the University of Washington condemns these hateful actions and urges the community to stand in solidarity with our undocumented peers. We encourage everyone to take a look at this list to take action in supporting our fellow students.

Do not ask someone to self-identify as undocumented
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), folks are not legally allowed to ask people if they’re undocumented
Asking if someone is undocumented plays into harmful stereotyping
Intervene when you see someone harassing an undocumented student
Validate and believe people’s experiences if they choose to share them with you
Understand that trust takes time
Identify yourself visibly (buttons, stickers, etc) as an ally or supporter of undocumented students
Be mindful of your language: say “undocumented” instead of “illegal” and avoid using terms like “legal immigration” or “alien”
Get educated by a trusted community organization on issues affecting the undocumented community
Leadership Without Border at the Ethnic Cultural Center
Washington Dream Coalition
United We Dream
Advocate for and lobby for initiatives or programs that remove barriers to access for undocumented individuals
Please refer to the list of demands below for a list of initiatives/programs

In addition, we would like to publicly support the demands for undocumented students presented by Decolonize UW at the May 12th, 2016 Walkout. We urge administration to work with students on implementing the changes requested by communities across campus. For more information, please visit the demands here. We encourage everyone to look at the other demands as well.

We sincerely hope that everyone takes this advice to heart. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Director of Diversity Efforts at [email protected].

In solidarity,
The ASUW Board of Directors

>Be mindful of your language: say “undocumented” instead of “illegal” and avoid using terms like “legal immigration” or “alien”

If this is real they are literally enabling lawlessness via controlling language

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure the FERPA thing is a lie

>If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Director of Diversity Efforts at [email protected].

Sent, for you user

I can't find anything on it

Bump

To The Associated Students,

Yeah no, everything you just said is totally meaningless that carries no weight because the only thing you run is your mouth. If an illegal alien is acting niggerish, they shall be call out on it.

Kindly dine on a large bag of dicks.

Sincerely,
Everyone

How bad overall is uw with the liberal stuff

Send it to [email protected]

How long have you been there?

Did you read the OP?

Just reply and say that you will comply but will report all such people to the proper authorities

Then post response

thats only for employees of the school it doesnt apply to people not working there that live in washington state

also they cant actually enforce some of those things. its more like a list of suggestions and 1 rule stated 2 times

I just did lel

>trusted community organization

What a load of bull. Trusted by who?

Years

Yes. I mean in the classes is everyone crazy

Thanks Netherlands bro!

fb /decolonizeuw/photos/a.1769648993266188.1073741831.1764152597149161/1769649249932829

Here are the demands that the email links to

Yeah, pretty much. I was in a 400 level engineering class where the professor constantly just bashed on trump and capitalism and the students just laughed

Illegal aliens

But that's racist!!!

>Associated Students of the University of Washington
So, the Student Union?
They are a fucking joke user.

Fuck, you might be able to sue them for lying about the content of FERPA and pretending to hold real authority over your speech with the language of the letter, but probably not.

Yeah, the student president just sent that to everyone.

I doubt I can sue them for making suggestions, but it is odd they'd lie about FERPA

Bump

Last bump. I guess Sup Forums doesn't care about illegal immigration