What's some essential alt-normie/edgy normalfag core besides pic related?

What's some essential alt-normie/edgy normalfag core besides pic related?

You're favorite music

chance

Swans or King Crimson

>alt-normie
i'm stealing this

Not a new thing

I'd say swans is in a middle ground between autist and alt normie.

tame impala
fidlar
allah-las
beach house (although this one is a bit dated)
the growlers
king gizz

those seemed to be the mandatory listening for kids that dress like mac demarco

Death Grips

has the new slowdive album really gained traction with this crowd?

jerry paper

everything you like is alt normie bud

>Not a new thing
i've been on here for years and its literally the first time i've heard it.

nu male essentials of the year or NMEOTY

Anyone got more of these?

I own a record store. As soon as some manlet ugly looking kid comes in its always obvious hes gonna be picking up Mac demarco and neutral milk hotel. These guys all look and act the same.

Yes, you faggots are totally getting judged for your shit taste.

Its been floating around for a little while now as far as I know

Diiv
King Krule
Mild High Club
The Growlers( pretty much any Burger band come to think of it)
Wavves
Alt-J
Alvvays
Knxwledge
Earl Sweatshirt
Tyler the Creator
Kendrick
RTJ
Toro y Moi
Wavves
Beach Fossils
Beach House
all hip hop actually

lurk more

Genuine answers:
>king gizzard
>tame impala
>beach house
>diiv
>fleet foxes

To jaded shutins that never go outside:
>swans
>burzum
>nin
>rym core

>that one guy who listens exclusively to meme rap and likes every single facebook post from pitchfork

>NMEOTY
We should make this a meme

This 1000%

>exactly the same as the last thread except this time it took 8 posts for someone to say Death Grips

>Kendrick
>alt-normie
He's normie as fuck, nothing "alt" about him

Death Grips is beyond a given

what is a burger band

Accurate

And?

t. been here a week

all memes aside, pinegrove

I don't get why Death Grips aren't more popular. They're not even all that weird

Alt-normies don't listen to Slowdive.

And any group with at least 4 threads a day on this board seems redundant to list

Cringe humblebrag

"Burger" means american, user

Shoegaze is textbook alt normie lad. ESPECIALLY shitty shoegaze that's ~aloof~.

Where is Mac Demarco?

That's not how things work around here. It's Groundhog Day every day on Sup Forums

what? i've been here a whole summer

with their fanbase in mind Tyler, Earl and the whole OF is a perfect answer.

maybe Whirr, Nothing and the like?

a band signed to Burger Records, a collective of DIY faux skater kids from Orange County, California aka the whitest richest area in the state

i genuinely hope you're kidding

bands on burger records, like the growlers or tomorrow's tulips

xiu xiu dont belong in this

What do people gain by gatekeeping musical appreciation? somehow by liking something too much you're an inferior person when it comes to enjoying music. So what is the border of inferiority to superiority? Music nerds are such little faggots, I swear to god. Worse than /lit/tards with their canon's and hate for modern fiction.

It's like you wear your sense of superiority around your cock to make it seem larger than it really is.

It's more for alt-normie wannabes like you who are:
if you are a girl; too depressed
if you are a boy; too antisocial and awkward

t. Fan of every single band on >not even trying to hide it

its all i have going for me

alt normie teenager detected.

>alt normie wannabe

Seeing King Krule was the straw that broke the camel's back wasn't it?

I'd go so far as to add maybe foxygen deerhunter and like washed out

half of those artists were american dipshit

Are real estate and LCD soundsystem for normies?

It's probably stems from working in a record store and knowing to a t exactly what some kid is going to pick out based on the outfit they're wearing. Music appreciation shouldnt fall in line with the clothes they wear and the way they talk it breeds resentment

walk into a first year film studies class in university and half the kids are alt-normie wannabes forcing the art hoes to hit on older boys
f a c t

See There's nothing wrong with liking this stuff, in fact going the polar opposite with obscure rym shit youre just as basic, but would it kill you fuckers to have a personality instead of being pretentious archetypes?

The problem with this idea is that alt normies are wannabes to begin with

How can you be a wannabe of a wannabe

Not him but aren't Hipsters are the wannabes type?

alt normies dont pretend to be normies at contrary they think they are better than normies because of their incredibly limited intellectual knowledge

i-i uh...
they're barely mutating into alt normie status...? like give them a year to figure out how thrift shops
work?

it really feels like you just described mu back there

It's as if...

>too antisocial and awkward
So literally all of /r9k/ are alt-normies?
Definitions, Definitions

I'm so confused.

So you have your alt normies, textbook generic hipsters, and somehow there are people that are "wannabes" of these people? How does that even work?

Imagine Dragons
Every pop-punk band
Nirvana
IDM

say i'm a hipster
i'm above alt normies, who are above alt normie wannabes who are barely above normies. alt normie wannabes are normies that want to be hipsters (like alt normies think they're hispters but they're not because they lack flair and originality).

above hipsters are actual artists and above actual artists are a hypothetical superclass of artists that make the world go round.

brand new
car seat headrest

they're somewhat more intellectual and outgoing than r9k fags and they aren't brainwashed with memes so they aren't proud of their pathetic state

/r9k/ have no sense of irony, which is the only resource alt-normies have at their disposal

here's the taste of an average alt-normie wannabe As you can see not all of them like shoegaze

What the fuck, how can someone even live and interact with people anymore, please tell me this is just a shitty memeing wave

Someone should make a chart to simplify this shit

what, you mean you don't automatically size up and categorize everybody you meet?

how else would you know if you're better than someone else?

You can see the depression flowing through this lame chart
They are like a mix of alt-normies and school shooters

>Imagine Dragons
I was introduced to them with Thunder (or whatever it's called). What whiny little bitch wrote those lyrics? "Some kid in elementary called me a poopy head, but now I'm a rock star! Take that, kid! I remembered your words for 20 years and I proved you wrong!" Good job, you didn't let his words affect you *cough*.

no they shouldn’t because nothing that came out of that pseud’s mouth has any basis at all

Define "above". As in more pretentious?

Filth is literally the only good album on that entire chart, and even then its just the same song over and over.

This thread is just as cancerous as Mac demarco fanbase

>hurr durr don't talk to me unless you listen to Romanian folk and Gregorian chants and are simultaneously unpretentious in how you dress

as in better. being above makes you better.

you knew that man
alt-normie wannabe detected

Better how? This is the most underage shit I've read in a while. Better based off your taste in music? Pure shit. This is the worst road to take when it comes to getting into "deeper" art, it makes everything a shitty contest which just makes it Instagram but obscurity instead of likes. That's why I try to avoid rym and lastfm like the plague because the genuine personalities are very few and far between.

I bet you think Mac Demarco is a talented genius and the only thing wrong with him is his fanbase too, alt normie.

this guy gets it

Neither, I don't buy this whole clique mentality shit anymore dude. Mac demarco is shit and so is his fanbase.

This whole thread reeks of insecurity

Implying you can't listen to drake right next to Slavic chants or whatever

Why is everything such a contrived contest

>how else would you know if you're better than someone else
No, i'm not, and throwing those definitions in anything you say doesn't make you anymore flawless or superior than others, it's just shallow to avoid a certain type of people because you saw a definition on an anonymous board.

It's not a contest but when a lot of people act the same way and has the same taste in everything (see all the p4k drones on Sup Forums) some smartasses feel the need to classify them. Doesn't mean every person will fit into one category

>It's not a contest
Don't lie to yourself.

If you have an active rym or lastfm it totally is and you are a part of it.

>It's not a contest
it's like you've never even hung out in an art crowd, it a b s o l u t e l y is a contest and you're naive if you think it isn't

I'm unironically using this thread for recs thanks guys

>living up to a pretentious standard is a contest

So why participate?

There's nothing wrong with using rym it's a great website to discover music
Just stay away from the community

Why does he look different than how I expect him to look?

actually some of the best recs I've seen in awhile, its hilarious that some great quality stuff only gets thrown out when people on this bored are safely hiding behind a shield of irony and not engaged in their incessant dick measuring contests

if you hadnt already heard all of these bands then you're way too new to be posting

lurk moar you fucking newfag

Obviously I've heard of these bands or I wouldn't know they were great recommendations you fucking sped. Way to prove my point though kid

Do normie shits listen to Arca?

Animal Collective
Sufjan Stevens
Father John Misty
Beach House
Alex G
MGMT
King Krule
Radiohead
Primus
of Montreal
The shins