I'm absolutely desperate, Sup Forums

I'm absolutely desperate, Sup Forums.
It may be asking a bit but can someone please just do this whole thing with working? I'm at my wit's end, guys. Integration and differentiation isn't being very kind here.

you'll never learn that way op

Use Mathway or something similar with their step by step answers. And learn it

that is absolutely fucked user

let me try to explain, im not native speaking english tho so it might sound a little weird sometimes

I know, but genuinely I couldn't care. I've failed every single test this year and it's known that I'm the idiot in that class. Someone managed to get a copy of the test that we're sitting tomorrow early and get it to everyone. I don't mind failing but I don't think I can handle failing while I had the test days beforehand.

also the rest of test, for any kind user that could help a little brainlet out.

oh wait nvm i just saw b, thats fucked

1. use Wolfram Alpha
2. how the fuck is this higher math?thats school level in good old Germany...

The first one should be pretty straightforward, for the second you need to calculate the area under/over the function and the tangent, and then add/subtract them from each other to get the area

not op but how the fuck are you supposed to calculate the shaded areas

you have a very bad life ahead of you probably employed in the fast food industry if you can't figure this out. damn.

holy shit

This is like 10th grade shit where i am from, but anyways i will try to solve it and post it here. Long time since i did this kinda stuff so it should be kinda fun.

same in Spain tho

I don't remember by now but I learned this when I was 17.

Sorry OP, hope some1 could help you.

cmon man

Addendum: to get the gradient rate of the tangent (to calculate the intersection point b) you can use the value of the derivative function at that point

I've already got a placement at a Uni, mate. Not for maths clearly. Thanks for your help tho buddy.

Holy shit I learned all of this in the 4th grade; you faggots are just dumb.

I don't know how school works over there but higher IS school level.

I beg you, mighty user.

Mind helping a faggot out?

If you seriously can't figure this out it's your own fault.
Either that or you weren't meant to be smart, so stop trying. It'll make the future less embarrassing.
People who can figure out stuff like this independently are the people who are paving the way for the evolution of man.

ez mad boi, fucking fagget

Find P and Q by solving for where y=0. (It's (1,0) and (2,0)) Then just integrate f(x)/y from 0 to 2 to get area under the curve. Also pay attention in class from now on Sup Forumsoi. This is easy shit.

lol dude, you need to keep up with the tempo of your classes or you'll get fucked quickly.

Fucking hell, it's almost like people think to use Sup Forums you have to act like a constant cunt. If you're smart enough to brag about it, give the poor guy a hand. A lecture from an internet stranger isn't going to change his path.

Where in Scotland are you?

2) a. y=(x+2)(x-1)(x-2) (x+2)=0 => x= -2
So P = 1 and Q = 2 because (x-1) = 0 =>x = 1 and (x-2) = 0 => x = 2
That's 2 marks for you

Again, I'm only in the class for the sake of being in the class. I really really don't need to pass.

Glasgow.

feelsbadman, i dont remember ever integrating,
is it like the opposite of deriving?

Get your shit together, Carl.

we have it separate, my mistake came from there

Higher math is university
School math doesn’t have the addendum“higher“

You can go up to higher math 4

You find the area under the curve of one, and subtract the area under the curve of the other.

Holy shit, I'm an American, and calculus was a fucking breeze. If you can't do derivation/integration, you should fucking kill yourself.

Higher over here is sat 5th year at the earliest (around age 15/16/17)

I did the math in my head and the area of 2 b should be around 2,44 - 2,5

It is exactly the opposite of deriving.
Derivation (Power Rule)
y=x^n
y'=n*x^(n-1)
Example: x^2 becomes 2x^1 or just 2x

Integration:
If y'=x^n
y=(x^n+1)/(n+1)
Example: x^2 becomes (x^3)/3

lol. welp Sup Forums BITCH!!. anyways these "cunts" probably learned about integration like 6 moths ago and shouldnt be posting here.

>That's me on every math/chemistry/physics test ever. Glad I'm not alone.
And a bump for you OP, hope you will pass.

feelsbadman i dont remember having integration in school

why do I have to return to school tonight?

> higher Mathematics
Bahahaha where are you from? Pajeetistan?

pajeetistan is not a real country, get out troll.

it is for this level of maths

oh ok, but isnt this problematic because lets say we have x^2 and want to integrate. couldnt it be (x^3)/3+3 aswell, because 3 would just disapper when i derive

I did first for you OP, I got a) by measuring distance with straight line. b) was a bit harder but I think I got it.

OP here, just want to thank everyone for the help. Even the ones calling me a retard, I'll happily take the bumps.

well i inherited knowledge of all calculus ancestrally from my mother. i also drive a tesla, have 1bn $us in bitcoin and 2 nine-inch dicks

Don't worry about them, you are a very special person :)

I believe in you !
please, never give up.
Even when everything has been lost
always, somewhere, someone will fight for you
as long as you remember him/her.
WE BELIEVE IN YOU !!!

For 1 and 2, just multiply out and integrate each term. Simple. For 2a, just plug in 0 for y and solve for the x values to get the two points. For 2b, integrate over the bound of each shaded area separately and add the absolute value of those areas.

For 3, the derivative of the river function at A gives you the slope of AB so just plug that into the line equation and solve for point B.

For 4, y is the integral of the right side. Multiply both sides by dx and then integrate both sides.

Shits supremely easy, bruv.

I didn't need my mommy to do my tie this morning after she got me dressed! Am I a special boy today, user?

I think this is 1 and 2, for 3 i think you would have to integrate the function and the tangent line then like find the difference between the 2?
As a word of warning i haven't taken calculus for about 3 years now

Okay op... i am back.
First time doing anything mathematic in Word, took me long enough.

Do you want me to do 3 aswell?

Oh and my english is a bit broken becuase reasons...

I would die for you, user. If you can do 3 and 4 as well, that would be great but you've done more than enough if you don't want to.

Dude this is hella fun. the math part, not the "making word do what i tell it to" part.
The most important thing is to help :)

You fuckhead just do the primitve of (a) the equation of the river and subtract the primtive of (b) the road from it

Math is for stupid people go back to >>>/highschool/

No need to play with decimals and cut digits off, just keep it as a fraction.

I just busted a nut. Been way too long since I've seen something like this, absolutely fucking love it. Sadly, I'm on my phone and headed to work.. hopefully some other user pulls through.
Godspeed user, and remember, this shit is awesome. It's the line where math actually starts having applicable everyday uses

Imagine being too much of a brainlet to integrate a fucking polynomial. Holy shit.

No fuck that lazy fucker asking for a handout. And he should be going to uni for any major if he can't figure some elementary basic shit out.

Find me that webm of that latino tranny jacking off and I'll do 3 for you

Good catch. Usually we just let the '3' disappear, but if taking the equation through further steps, it will be donated by a variable 'c'

You pay tuition to join in on that class. its your money. If you don't want to learn why even be there.

Go make a website and get teh monies or something useful.

Question 1. Foil the factors in the numerator (note that they are the factors of a difference of squares). Split the numerator into two fractions to simplify. Then apply the reverse of the power rule to integrate. Add "C" at the end for the possible constant. Badda bing badda boom.

Question 2a. Since y is factored already that makes the question a heck-ton easier. Both P and Q are roots, i.e. points where y = 0 on the graph. Since y has three roots (x = -2, 1, 2) then the coordinates should be easy to find.

Question 2b. Split the areas into two different integrals. Take the absolute value of the first integral of the function from [0, 1]. Then take absolute value of the second integral of the function from [1, 2]. Badda bing badda boom.

Question 3a. The point-slope form of a line is y - y_1 = m(x - x_1). We've got a point A as our x_1 and y_1. Then we just need to obtain the slope. Remember that the slope of a tangent line of a function at a single point is given by the derivative. Derive y in the question using the power rule. Plug in the x coordinate for A into the derivative. Viola, slope is obtained. Use point-slope form to find an equation for that tangent line. Next set the tangent line equation equal to the polynomial and solve for its roots (Note you WILL get a root repeated twice and the other non-repeating root will be the x coordinate of B). Plug the x value you found above into the equation for A.

Question 3b. This is a bit of bitch. Bear with me. You need to add 8 to both the tangent equation and the polynomial. This shifts both graphs up so that A is at y = 0. Then take the integral of the new polynomial minus the new tangent line equation on the interval [-1, 1]. This gives you the area of the shaded portion. Badda bing badda boom.

It's completely free, amigo. Some of the poorer cunts in the school get paid for staying. Scotfag wins again.

p = 1
q = 2

foil everything out and integrate the polynomial with the reverse power rule.

you should be able to figure the rest out

You shoul've studies instead of looking up trap threads on Sup Forums

>where math actually starts having applicable everyday uses
Like what?

You dont need to shift the graph up

Apply the Limits A and B
Integrate curve to find area under curve
Integrate line to find area under line

Take one from the other

You did touch on a very advanced maths concept though called Duhammels which is used to solve non homogeneous Partial differential equations

Part A of number 3
Take derivative of curvy line to find tangential slope at A, use that to find equation of straight line, once you have equation, set two equations equal to each other to find where they intersect, plug that into straight line equation to find point B. Pretty sure its correct

Less sure about B. But take the integral of f(x) - g(x), f(x) being whichever line is on top, in this case curvy line, making g(x) the straight line equation. Integrate from the x value of B to x value of A (so from -1 to 1 if I did the first part correctly), simplify, screw up arithmetic somewhere, and theres your answer. Maybe.

3a, 3b coming in just a sec

We got the same so it must be right, thanks for the help my friend.

3b

And question 4, which im much more confident on. Probably.

and yes, again, seems correct.

What a ride, just because of word, this took me a hour and three quarters to finish. Was well worth it.
I hope you will use this information well Op

I know you don't need to do shift it, but working with the graph as is would require two integrals because of the orientation of the graph functions with respect to the X and Y axes. I wanted to be lazy and just do one integral.

Wait. Now that I think about it shifting the graph up doesn't actually change anything in terms of raw numbers. Don't mind me I'm dumb.