Offered a PhD place at ETH Zurich

>offered a PhD place at ETH Zurich
>On the condition I attend German language courses

What the fuck is this bullshit? What use do I have for German. Academia is done exclusively in English. Fuck these xenophobic swiss cunts.

Other urls found in this thread:

airbnb.co.nz/rooms/4522610?location=Geneva, Switzerland
youtu.be/u7t2f-L6Z04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you are one retarded new worlder for sure

That's the thing mate, in the new world we don't need a bunch of useless languages, only the one.

Chinese?

haha get fucked cunt

>travel in Geneva
>three months in advance, check for hotels
>literally everything under 500/night is sold out
>have to stay in France and Uber in

Mountain Jews

Geneva is shit anyway
at least the people there

Are they going to teach you real German or the abomination they speak over there?

ETH Zurich is a meme school anyways. Fucking inflated ranking is what they are. It's a place where Oxbridge rejects tell others, "Einstein used to work here XD"

> damned, i need to learn an other language, that is disturbing
>i'll surely go on this Sup Forumsernet website and tell those people how this is so hurtfull.

Why don't you use Airbnb? Here's an entire flat for $200 NZD

airbnb.co.nz/rooms/4522610?location=Geneva, Switzerland

What's your major, senpai?

Financial mathematics

*accountant

ROFLMAO

You what mate

Do you not know what a quant is?

Robot traders?? Of course i fucking know, you're too fucking late to the game already

No... I don't think you do unfortunately.

Quants have nothing to do with traders.

Because they want to save their dying language.

Yes, i do, it is about number crunching for risks etc and i can tell you there is jo point doing a phd in that anyway

Everything you're saying is just wrong.

This isn't shit posting, it's reddit tier shit spewing.

Why are you here?

Wut? Many research papers are in german

MOTHERFUCKER I'D GIVE MY ASSHOLE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY

GO TO HELL YOU STUPID FUCKING KIWI RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A lot a scientific papers are only available in German. IIRC is the second most used language in the academia
Also maybe they want you to learn the most spoken language of the country? One wouldn't spend the entire course inside the university

If the researcher wasn't smart enough to learn English it probably isn't worth reading

Oh poor you they demand that you should be able to communicate with the people who live there before letting you stay. Sad

They speak English retard

We didn't beat them in 2 (two) World Wars just to have to speak their ugly excuse for a language

>german technology
>germanic contribution to science over the last centuries
>god-tier scientific articles published all the time

Maybe he didn't want to. Maybe he didn't need to.

The 5 strongest languages for science have always been English, Russian, German, Japanese, and Chinese. Although it's important to mention French.

weak bait

English is not as widespread as you Anglos think. Nevertheless no one is obligated to speak English if it's not the country's national tongue. That's also something you lot need to understand
You're going to someone else's country, you have to bound to their rules

Yeah, but for most people with an endemic language, learning English is a way to get ahead
>Be Brazilian
>Only know Portuguese
>Restricted to Brazil and Poortugal
>Learn english
>Can make something of yourself in Europe or the Anglosphere
>???
>Profit

>Yet still too dumb to realise that if he doesn't write it in a non-critically endangered language no one will actually read it
hmm

>typed in English and posted on an English tea-growing message board

by german language courses do you mean classes taught in german or classes that teach you german

ROFLMAO this cunt doesn't even work in ANY financial field and knows I'm wrong already LMAO you've got a bright future definitely

I was literally offered a 90k starting at ANZ mate. You clearly don't work in finance.

Funnily enough, knowing English doesn't really give you a ticket ride to international success. As weird as it may sound is better for domestic use.
By knowing English, in Brazil, I'm seemed as a bilingual guy, it's good for the cv. If I'm abroad, I'm just another foreigner with a stupid accent
However, none of it was my initial point. I'm quite positive if anyone is studying in Australia they are required to know English. Not because English is the lingua franca, but for the fact that is the country's national language. No aussie is obligated to know whatever the fuck the foreigner is saying, in your country your language. It baffles me that the kiwi is expecting the Swiss to act differently.
Sup Forums isn't a faithful picture of the real world Bruce. Leave your parent's basement once in a while

For a retail bank?? LOL i work for an investment bank and make at the very least twice as much as you, if you're bringing that shit up

No, you don't lol.

LOL you don't even work in the industry because "i was offered" ROFLMAO

You're not fooling anyone lol

>goes into a foreign land
>expect them to speak a foreign language

And you can't even speak english, no wonder you won't do german lol fush and chups go learn some real english before you work in finance because you'll say BUD and ESK rather than bid and ask ROFLMAO

Bear = beer
HAHAHAHAHA it's a beer market HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol

>thread about quants
>unfiltered autism within
sounds about right

"I can't understand what you're saying!!" AHAHAHAHAHA THEYRE LAUGHING AT YOU NOT WITH YOU YOU SHEEPFUCKER

youtu.be/u7t2f-L6Z04

Ok

poo peeland btfo

>I'm quite positive if anyone is studying in Australia they are required to know English.
Maybe. Not necessarily intelligible English going off the Chinese international students or even some of the lecturers.

Fuck off you pommy bastard, no one wants your opinion filthy bastard

I hope youre not going to kill yourself because you started the salary thing with me

You are probably a burger flipper. Your lack of knowledge tells me you definitely don't work in finance. I appreciate the laugh tho desu

Good comeback, nice try, i like it

how do i get this?

Gott strafe England

the better question is why are you here?
a phd guy on Sup Forums? worse yet on Sup Forums

I think he got so cut he's going to cut himself now :)

autism

Im still here

Guys please don't fight!

If you're such a super high intellect wow doge boy, surely you can master one foreign language that is even related to English.

Language learning has very little to do with intellect. If you have no experience in learning a second language from an early age, the part of your brain that allows you to learn languages literally stops working, making it very difficult to learn in later life. Doesn't matter if you are a burger flipper or a professor.

>Language learning has very little to do with intellect
and Sup Forums is a proof of that
total retards speak decent english

It doesn't stop working, it becomes less effective. Anyone is still very much capable of learning a language to fluency later in life

Im fluent in Chinese, fuck learning a third language. Chinese was a bitch

Well go to China then?
Stay out of Switzerland if their requirements piss you off.
Ain't gonna help you whining here about it.

你的火箭还好吗?

kek, silence?

If you're going to go through the effort of getting a proxy you may as well write something that makes sense

He's not Chinese. I don't know what he was trying to write, but it's clear he doesn't know Chinese. Even double checked with my penpal and she agrees its gibberish.

你个傻佬,你们昨天不是发射火箭了吗?

Do what I do and just yell English slower and louder at foreigners if they refuse to speak it

Learn German or stay the fuck out. I hate it when foreigners don't learn our languages.

>our

>"I'm a scientist. I don't want to learn new stuff."
2/10
made me reply

>Non American PhD program
Afraid youre wasting your time

>pretends to be going to a PhD
>pretends to know Chinese
>on a fucking Sudanese yacht-waxing forum
Probably the most pathetic OP I've ever seen in my 10 years of browsing.

>literally got offered a place in the best university
>deny it because "german is hard"
lol what a faggot

>If you have no experience in learning a second language from an early age, the part of your brain that allows you to learn languages literally stops working, making it very difficult to learn in later life.
Dank.

>literally speaks German everywhere they go themselves and is incapable of English
Ok