1.4 billion people

>1.4 billion people
>Super League with wealthy clubs and owners, large stadiums, and loads of fans

How are they not a powerhouse in soccer/football?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurosport.onet.pl/pilka-nozna/inne-ligi/polski-rodzynek-za-wielkim-murem/9yzkds
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because all their men are busy lining up outside your mom's bedorom

It's a combination of the fact that they don't care about is as much as people think as well as a lack of coaching infrastructure. Similar to the issue that the US has, only China has taken much more serious steps to improve themselves as a soccer nation. They've brought in a lot of top coaches and have for all intents and purposes bought the Portuguese league.

These things take time. I'd be very surprised if China don't have a decent team in about 10 or 15 years. And then a powerhouse team in 20 or 25 years.

The Olympics is the only sport that matters.

*don't care about it

Also, just like the US, China tends to care about other sports. Ping pong is the #1 sport there, and for whatever bizarre reason pool/billiards is also considered a serious professional sport in China, about 200 million people watched the world pool championships in China.

Wealthy and middle class Chinese give a shit about it as spectators, not as players. There is no cultural attachment to it in the way that's found in 3rd world shitholes in Europe and Brazil.

TL:DR; Kinda like the US, their is no self-sustaining soccer culture in China

>and have for all intents and purposes bought the Portuguese league
Such a hyperbolic statement. They've reached an agreement with the Portuguese SECOND league so that Chinese players (1/2 max per team) and assistant managers have some kind of internship there

That's still quite the progress tho. It will be kind of interesting as chinese kids learn to play almost only in academies and nothing in the street.

Super leagues filled with foreigners, average chinese is either a poor rice farmer or a poor licencsed man, the thought of sports for a living doesnt cross anyones mind, its a luxury in most countries

>the thought of sports for a living doesnt cross anyones mind, its a luxury in most countries

This is bullshit. Look at the shitty ghetto courts in black neighborhoods in the US, or the Cuban kids playing baseball with sticks and rocks in Havana.

>implying soccer is a sport
>/asp/ please

because they havent been playing for 100 fucking years yet

Chinks aren't good at anything really. They probably couldn't even win a war if war somehow enforced factions to have an equal number of soldiers.

Yeah. The Chinese lost to fucking Vietnam in the 1970s. Can you imagine? Losing to some rice farmers with AKs? Embarrassing.

smfh tbqfhqyf, only faggots lose to Vietnam.

To be fair, Vietnam was one of the best equipped armies in the world after the U.S. abandoned tens of billions of dollars of equipment (including tanks and aircraft) in 'Nam. And that's not tens of billions in today money, that's tens of billions in 1970s dollars.

There will never ever be a good chink player

only whites and mulattos can play soccer

Humanity will end before china becomes a powerhouse.

Not kidding. This is a well thought out response but I won't take out the time to write it out.

You are sorely mistaken if you think full-blooded Africans can't play soccer

They will be soon. It'll never reach European standards but they're getting better and investing heavily. Journalist are saying that the clubs are in this for the long haul - they want to create a genuinely good league. It'd be nice if the Club World Cup was actually a decent tournament and it wasn't just the CL winners steamrolling the matches.

The fact that the US is consistently qualifying for the R16 in the World Cup with minimal effort and no government assistance makes me think that China will become a powerhouse very soon. Also, remember, they're going to be able to rely on the growing half-black/half-chinese community in East Africa which makes up for the natural weakness and slowness of east asians. I wouldn't be surprised if Dikembe Ling, Jing Wang Ibaka, and Xi Jin Makimei are China's defenders at the 2026 WC.

Same reason US of A and England aren't. Money alone won't suddenly create talent.

He means mixed people.

cannot fake the passion

Chinese can't play team sports.

They just started playing the sport and they just started their industrial revolution this past decade. 15 years ago the majority of their population was living in fucking squalor.

>havana

because cuba popular to contrary belief is better off than mexico and is not complete shit

>black neighborhoods

again the usa is a rich country that can sponsor them unlike china its a 1 in a billion chance to become pro in china not so in the usa

he knows what he means. Eto'o exists.

>cuba popular to contrary belief is better off than mexico

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>because cuba popular to contrary belief is better off than mexico

Holy shit you can't really believe this

>because cuba popular to contrary belief is better off than mexico and is not complete shit

according to what or whom and by what metric? Yea fuckin' right hermano

the chinese economy is actually pretty bad now and going to get worse

Less murder
Higher edcucation
Better healthcare

By those standars, measured by the totally objective goverment of Cuba. They are not only the best country on Earth, maybe only second to North Korea.

If you actually believe that shit, maybe the education part will be right compared to the US

They aren't as poor as South America or Europe.

north korea is actually objectively better than mexico though

Everyone smokes.
Tough to bring it in stoppage time when you're hacking up a lung.

>mfw the chinks on my campus have to ride their bicycles in herds across the street so that they're not using tobacco on university grounds

>not using tobacco on university grounds
god american universities make me sick to my stomach

Seriously why do they all smoke? It pissed me off when they produced clouds of that outside doors on campus. Most of them are inconsiderate fucks.

asians can't handle alcohol and they need something to appear more "manly" since they naturally aren't

(You)

That's actually probably what it is. Thanks Winland.

china has very unaesthetic borders

the same reason the US isn't, they don't have a strong enough football culture

they will be in 50 years...
screen shot this

I smell some guaranteed replies

Meme leagues have existed since the dawn of time, most of the time they fizzle out once the owners run out of money and interest. Sustainable leagues require that people actually follow the sport and play it at a reasonable level. Once it goes out of fashion people will be busy watching the next cashed up meme.

Because if you wanna get out of a shithole, in China you study hard and try to become a doctor. Not play football

china will succeed like in 50 years. USA has absolutely no football infrastructure, and it just took them 12 years to make a QF from being last place in 1990. Despite the infrastructure not being tehre, you already had players here and there playing at high levels in Europe.

China has no infrastructure, and they dont even have the luck/anomalies like the US did playing in higher leagues. So they are starting from literally 0.

That and China are literally the "mysterious foreign owners that buy a club" meme from European leagues who lose interest in 5 years and leave everything worse off than it was before

Weird, because they're still much, much worse than US soccer.

MLS pay is very low and teams cost significantly less than in any other sport in the US. And the league has actually spent a lot of effort building up development leagues in the past few years.

> USA has absolutely no football infrastructure
This is a retardedly false statement.

Even with 1.4 billion people, they're still 99% weak manlets. They'll stick to ping pong and badminton.

>How are they not a powerhouse in soccer/football?
Give it a decade

listen, dont be an r/mls autist you utter faggot.

just now are elite academies being put into place (like FCDs), and guys like pulisic, hyndman literally came from random elite club teams that would be ignored if some euro scout didnt happen to come visit some day. so yes, the infrastructure is still not really there. and in 1990 there was none.

Don' use words you don't understand. There is tons of infrastructure there. It isn't super high caliber.

The fact that you don't understand the difference is a reflection of your inbred level of intelligence.

its a sport for poor people, chinese aren't exactly as poor as africa and europe

It would be cool if China became a power house to rival Europe, but another thing is that the Chinese are more obsessed with European football than their own football.

Maybe in 20-30 years people will care about the World Club Competition.

still waiting for people to give a shit about hockey i see

please reddit, i love how you say im wrong but dont explain shit. very typical, and exactly why i called you r/mls.

any country is better than mehico

because they just started playing soccer this decade

now amerifats, the only 1st world country with moret than 150m people, caring about soccer for more than half a century, invest more money on it than all latin American countries put together, still can't produce a single good player, let alone a team

Chinese super league is a top 5 league

>EPL
>Serie A
>Bundesliga
>Chinese super league
>La Liga

YOu haven't made a single valid point. Your statements are verifiably false. You don't understand the difference between presence and quality, which makes you a retarded shitstain. Consider killing yourself.

Why are you acting so high and mighty when you're just straight up wrong?

You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by (correctly) stating that US organizational soccer infrastructure is immature.

Instead, you keep doubling down on the (incorrect) assertion that it doesn't exist.

This """"competition"""" should just die. Nobody, except latinos, cares for it.

>samefagging

ok, two completely different people!

Chinese Super League isn't even the best league in its own federation (J-League still is)

>How are they not a powerhouse in soccer/football?
Culture. That's literally it.

>320 million peope
>MLS with wealthy franchises and owners, large stadiums and loads of fans

How are they not a powerhouse in
soccer/football?

I came back one day later, to say I stand by for what I said, Cuba still is a better and more safe country to live at the moment than mexico , cant prove me wrong. that being said, fuck communism.

HDI

The truth hurts my chicano friend

There's been an interview with guy, who is currently a coach at Shenzen (it's 2nd division)

eurosport.onet.pl/pilka-nozna/inne-ligi/polski-rodzynek-za-wielkim-murem/9yzkds

>It's being said that the Chinese went crazy about football, kids are training in schools and you can take football as an exam. It's loads of crap. Everything is going in strictly buissness direction. My footy school signed a deal with schools, so I know how it looks like. One coach has a one 45-minutes lesson a week and around 50 kids comes there. What can they learn? Millions are being spent on new players, but there is no coaching system. It misses the point... Besides, club-school partnership is broken. There is no clearly defined path for young player's development.

>Chinese are starting to understand how it works. Not so long ago they thought, that Tevez comes here, gets a ball on his own half, dribbles past five defenders and scores a goal. When he didn't, there were voices that he isn't a right fit for the team. The expectations towards imported stars are very high. 50 millions were spent on Oscar and after a month club president decided he spent way too much.

there's a cap on non-asian players. 3 per team max.

BTW Seedorf is a cunt

>When I was doing UEFA Pro, I observed team trainings with owners' blessings. I was supposed to analize training units (?) and matches. After a week Clarence Seedorf comes to me: "You can't watch our trainings."

>"Why?"

>"Because you can be a traitor and give your notes to other teams."

>"What are you talking about? I played here!"

>People from the club came in and started explaining that I am only making notes for my UEFA course. A small argument started, the Dutch wouldn't back down and had me thrown out. He only managed the team for a short time. It had to end badly, because he did not respect people and Chinese care about respect much. Seedorf claimed in foreign media, that they love him here, while it was contrary. If you don't respect a Chinaman, you are lost to him. Seedorf would yell all the time, often berated the players, had no good approachment to the players.

>50 millions were spent on Oscar and after a month club president decided he spent way too much.

>50 millions were spent on Oscar and after a month club president decided he spent way too much
I could have saved him a month