ITT: Sony loyalist defend their horribly vague conduct policy and arbitrary bans

ITT: Sony loyalist defend their horribly vague conduct policy and arbitrary bans

My PSN just got banned for cussing during a livestream and no nothing racial or hostile or anything like that. There goes my blood-borne and Dark Souls 3 Platinum and all of my save data.

I was shocked when I got banned and went looking around teh interwebs and found that a lot of people get banned for next to nothing and sometimes literally nothing. Seems like a good way for Sony to try to increase sales by getting people to have to rebuy games and DLCs.

But this is what tears me apart the most; deleting your save data as if it was never yours to begin with. I didn't even know they could do that. I can understand banning somebody from the social network so they can't stream or message anyone but save data, really? That's my thousand plus hours time, work and accomplishment. How in the hell do they justify taking that away from people? I should absolutely still be able to play all my games offline or on a gagged account with my save data.

Which leads me to yet another thing; why aren't more people bothered by the fact that doing this is literally a form of punishing paying customers? If conduct is the problem then the simple and easy solution is to just gag their account so that they can't interact with other people. That involves absolutely no erasing of save data and yet 100% solves the problem of people violating their conduct policy... except for the lack of punishment.

Sounds like you just found what does "owning your devices and your data" mean.

Basically every fuckin' service that requires an external infrastructure (PSN, email, cellphones, banking, railways, etc) is not yours.

Do you remember the Smart PC Mouse who stopped working when you didn't have internet connection?

>You don't own stuff, if that stuff requires some infrastructure

Net Neutrality:
people would get mad if ISPs started charging more for facebook and whatsapp traffic

I can't stop crying and I'm going to kill myself. I'm messaging my family to let them know it was all Sony's fault and I hope they sue them when I'm gone.

lol rekt

Isn't that from Borat?

No it's from some disgusting fag who posts here

why did you feel the need to have those?

I jerk off to sick shit

The only people that would care are the other 500 people who own a ps4

Thanks for your honesty user

You mean 70 million?

You should care too, stupid. It's bigger than "muh PC master" vs consoles you loser. This affects us all. Are you too young, or too dumb to see the bigger picture here?

Yeah ok buddy

Did you buy games digitally, and they took the GAMES from you OP?

The saves you lost, were they on Playstation Plus, and not your hard drive?

Seems like the big picture is OP being a turbo nerd who's going to kill himself over video games. And I gotta say, it's a nice picture.

When they ban your PSN you can't log on to it period, even offline. All of your save data is tied to your PSN and cannot be loaded on another PSN.

Keep being a part of the problem, and not a part of the solution. I'm sure everyone who knows you irl already knows you're an apathetic, ineffectual nothing. Now we know too. When it's you it happens to, and you look around for someone to be on your side, guess what? You'll get the same reaction. So remember this.
>Inb4 "it won't happen to me hurr durr"

Is that a PS4 exclusive thing? Because my PS3, say I got banned from there, I could still log in offline, my saves are on my hard drive. I could still play. I don't have Playstation Plus.
It's gotta be a thing with just the PS4, huh?
Because I can't understand that you can't access your own hard drive if you're banned from PSN. Seems like maybe you lose the saves in their cloud, and can't play multiplayer, and can't buy from their digital storefront, but it's not like it bricks your system, right?
Anyway, this is why I rarely buy digital.

It won't happen to me. I hardly play video games and when I do, it's not on a shitty PS4 so I'll be able to play them even if I'm dumb enough to get banned.

Try not to get banned next time. Grats on wasting over a month of your life on something that just disappeared. I feel sorry for your mother.

Sounds like your saves were in their "cloud" storage, through Playstation Plus subscription. If they were saved to your hard drive, you'd still have them, right?

Not Op you retard. And if you don't play video games, why are you in this thread?

I don't like faggots, so I don't go in the trap threads and comment. See how that works you mongoloid?

What did you say? You feel sorry for who?
>just go we no want trouble!
Brace yourself nigga!!!
>*gunshot*

pfft. talk to me on xbox 10 years ago about banning

Yeah playstation is the easiest to get banned from

Why, did you mod your Xbox?

Or to put it another way...

Why did you mod your Xbox?

*claps*

>be dosbox gamer
>nothing mattress
>everyone bitching about fees, subscriptions, loot boxes, microtransactions and bans
>just be here playing old school games that were made right the first damn time

the only winning move is not to play, bruh
these people will be trying to profit off of us as long as they exist, because the people with creativity to make video games and the people with business savvy enough to run a successful business are usually separate people-- and when they're not it's fucking Phil faggot-ass Fish

This guy gets it.

I said I hardly do, that means I do occasionally. Besides, I'm not limited to comment only on this I partake in. I came here to laugh at op and tell him he's a faggot
>implying I can't go into trap threads just to call them all faggots just because I don't like traps