>2017
>still believing in intelligent design

You bronze age assholes are keeping humanity from advancing. There is no God (any of them), the Bible is false (same goes for all holy books), and every argument can put forth to the contrary can be argued against and almost certainly beaten.

If you believe in a higher power in 2017, you should probably be killed. You're actively harming society.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yup

So OP, you believe the universe and everything in it resulted from an entirely random series of events, eh?

Who ever said it was random?

a completely, totally random coincidence of events is a better and more plausible explanation than "sky wizard did it lol"

Because if it was not controlled and guided, the opposite is chance. Ergo, random.

Randomness relies on time. A random coin toss, lights flashing randomly. If a coin is face-up, it's just that, like a mountain is peak-up. Before the birth of the expanded universe as we know it, all energy was condensed into a singularity where all four universal forces were combined. There is no time at this point, just like there's no gravity or space. Nothing is random, it just happened. "What made it happen?" is the proper question.

Strawman. You clearly never felt god or acknowledged that every gesture has meaning. It's not someone up in the clouds. It's the space that we all live in.

You can prove that the bible is bullshit but you can't prove there is no god.

me here

>"What made it happen?" is the proper question.

God is the answer. You just have to open your heart wide enough to see His influence.

How are religious people harming society?

How are religious people keep humanity from advancing?

aside fucking winy christian right wing Americans

That's called "nature". It's the same thing that governs the entire universe, and everything else we haven't discovered yet. You should ask yourself "What is nature?" and leave god out, as he is an unnecessary middleman.

fuck off satan

also can't prove there is one bub

Wait, so god just sits around for billions of years and sometimes feels like doing something? That's a moronic assumption.
This is also bait.

Quiet you taffer

>how are religious people cause harm except for this group causing harm?

muslims too

world would be a better place if every devout theist died quietly in their sleep. Although I doubt we could ever be so fortunate.

you can't prove the omnipotent spaghetti monster doesn't exist either.

KYS.

You're a faggot OP. We're all going to the endless void when we die, why not let people buy into something that gives them hope and peace?

Still not an answer to the question. Nice distraction.

what you and random fuckwits believe has no effect on society.

There was nothing there to cause the event. It just happened.

The fact that we selectively bred wolves into dogs and cultivated shitty shrubs into good old veggies and wheat that won't give you stomach cancer for eating it proves evolution exists and works.

We came from stars. God is a way to control people. Santa claus isn't real. Why are we told to lie to our kids? Oh yeah because if they can believe in sandy fuckmas they can believe in God, the other white bearded dude.

sure kid
stay ignorant

weak

Hey if we didn't have religion people wouldn't have good morals, I'm an atheist myself, but it does really well at controlling the masses and sheep.

you answered the question yourself.

Tell me why you excluded "fucking winy christian right wing Americans" ?????? maybe it's because they do all those bad things you mentioned?

you fucking nigger

this is what the retarded believe

god is not a being, god is the act of “to be” itself

>ignorant

Christanity/Religion is what allowed us to advance. Disciplining the European mind led to scientific activities that otherwise might not have happened.

sure kid

are you like 11

sure kid

At the least, they just prey for change, instead of actually being proactive. They send money to a church that needs no money, instead of research. Something that interferes in their live - good or bad - is "gods' will.
At the worst, they fucking kill and blow up entire races.

you can prove that you are a moron

how?

sure kid

You do know that society is larger then just America, right?

You made it a fairly general statement. America is fucked, yeah. But what about anywhere else.

stay mad kid

ad homonomolommadingdong isn't an argument. nice try kids.

thats not evolution kid

yawn
no brain

That's not harming society though. At worst it's being inactive that's a problem. Quite a step down from "they are harming society and need to die"

The atheist are putting forward some very cogent and intelligent arguments that logically make sense.

It’s a shame they forgot that God is Real

Nah, I think people would do the same shit, with or without church. Atheists volunteer, so do churchies. Would they stop volunteering if god disappeared ones day? Probably not. And let's not forget about all the crimes committed within the church.

Of course there is no god. What sane, compassionate god would put niggers on this earth?

weak

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

christians are no better.

you can say "but what about obscure oriental buddhist religion that never hurt nobody???" and to that I say any belief can be radicalized and mutated into something vile. Kill them all and the problem is solved, indefinitely.

pure speculation

why sure it is, just minus the natural selection

I just gave an "at least" and "at worst" case. What part of killing millions of people is okay?

>ITT: gnostic atheists and gnostic theists fling shit at each other just for the sake of flinging shit

there is artificial evolution and natural evolution. but you haven't read that in the bible.

NOT AN ARGUMENT CUCKBOI

God isn't real but st. Nick was

weak

Read your scripture. It doesn’t ever say that once.
God is the Heavenly Father.
“This is my Son with Whom I am well pleased” he said from the sky during Jesus’ baptism.
God is Real.

stupid

Haha, We just learned yesterday that Mormons believe that darkies are working for Satan. The whiter the holier.

sure kid
make more ASSumptions

Evolution as a concept and a function of nature isn't really a problem for most Christians. The idea that humans evolved from lower species is different from that.

How do you suppose metamorphosis evolved? I mean a caterpillar turning into a butterfly is pretty fucking spectacular, but what was the in-between evolutionary creature? Was it just a caterpillar one generation then suddenly the next generation adopted a chrysalis and converted itself into a flying creature. You'd think the 'tiny-changes-over-many-generations' model would have a very sloppy in-between section for our sad caterpillar.

I don't doubt that fact, just the part where he climbs down your chimney every year.

>pure speculation
I think you meant to post a pic of the bible.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?

>list of terrorist attacks somehow represent everything about why religion is bad.

Very narrow view. Everything can be radicalized yes. Even non-religious movements and protests. If you're going by that logic then you'll end up killing everyone.

Besides. What about all the good things religion brings. Like the basis of morality.
Hint: all laws everyone are based on morality that was founded in religion doctrine.

weak as usual

and society has evolved beyond the point of needing the crutch of religion. It's a vestigial hindrance preventing us from further evolving and achieving more as collective race.

Christians like to think themselves above and away from nature, but we're all apes really.

Everywhere*

>burning the bible
Don't see anyone doing that with the Muslim or Jewish books. Seems like picking on an easy target.

sure kid
what was her name?
you know the girl who wouldn't talk to you.

Think of where we'd be today if astronomers and theoreticians weren't afraid to report their observations at risk of death. Maybe we would have relativity in the 1300s, a cure for cancer in the 1600s, what the fuck did we miss out on?

its shameful that this is a controversial statement

sure kid
never met one have you?

Genetically we're closer to rabbits and rats.

sure kid
cry more

From a purely technologal stance, maybe.

But all the technology in the world will never fill the spiritual hole every since one of us has.

We are all trying to figure out where we come from, why and what the point of our existence is. Everyone has that need and spiritual hole that needs filling.
>I'm aware of the choice of words.

Anyway, some may choose to purposefully ignore that spirituality but before they close their eyes at night, they'll still wonder about it.

That's the need for religion that God has placed in us. Humanity will never advance out out that.

I'll have you know I am personally acquainted with many apes.

>All Holy books are false
Ah. So I guess I can't make bronze from Tin and copper.

This is religion is. Doesn't want to talk, just insults and remains ignorant.
>such compelling arguments from this glorious representative, I now think religion really is the answer.
You're not helping.

not suprised in the least

>I'll have you know I am personally acquainted >with many apes.

Ahh, the old "Some of my best friends are black people" argument." Gotcha.

yawn
sure kid
try acting like an adult

You realize this is the exact same as, "sky wizard did it", right?
Except a human said it, and that they said they think this is what happened.

>Tin and copper
had to look it up.
>doesn't understand "time"

I have an interesting proof for religion.

It is a known fact that if you stimulate a certain part of the brain, that the person WILL experience religious visions.

People normally take this as proof that religions are phony, just a misfiring of that portion of the brain.

What this means to me is, why does the human brain have a "religion" center in the first place? You can make a person smell a cooking steak by stimulating the brain in the way, but that doesn't mean that steak isn't real.

To me, it is far more interesting that human brains are built for religion.

catechism
The revelation of the ineffable name "I AM WHO I AM" contains then the truth that God alone IS. The Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, and following it the Church's tradition, understood the divine name in this sense: God is the fullness of Being and of every perfection, without origin and without end. All creatures receive all that they are and have from him; but he alone is his very being, and he is of himself everything that he is.

'Jesus knows God exists :)
He just doesn't care about your problems.

You can google for evidence pointing towards the big bang.
You can't google shit for God.

so?

Drugs proved otherwise. Then again, you're probably too young. Don't do drugs.

zure kid
google is a search engine

would be more interesting to take a person who had lived their life without ever knowing of religion in any capacity and try it with them to see if their brain still presents religious imagery

But we can't raise humans in controlled environments because muh ethics. Fucking religiousfags.

Religious visions?
So what you're saying is that the brains can be scientifically tricked into thinking imaginary stuff is real?