AGREED MY CRIME IS THE SAME

YOU KNOW HE AIN'T GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEE-AAAAH
NOOOOOOONONONO YA KNOW HE AIN'T GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA

thank you based Layneposter

/r/ing the feels wojack of layne with the purple hair

WHYSSS IT HAVEEEE TO BEEEEE THISSSS WAYYYYYY

BEEE THIS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

BEE THISS WAYYYYYYAYAYAYYYY

I wish I could just hug you all! But I'm not gonna...

there was a point in time where I listened to that CD like 3x a week at least. Every fucking time it got to the end and Layne said this I broke down in tears

When I realized how shit I felt in college and decided to drop out I was listening to Dirt and especially Jar of Flies non stop. Getting out of an environment that was making me feel awful and unmotivated to do anything made me feel born again. Rotten Apple, Would? and Nutshell are strongly connected to that period in my life.

what the fuck. why did you drop out?

Because I feel like shit in any social environment, schools are particularly bad, I can't concentrate in anything, can't stand looking at all those people in the face and just feel an immense drive to leave and go home.

literally me desu. I had to quit rotc/engineering school because it was tearing me apart and I had to start over. 4.5 years after I left I finally graduated and have a decent job now that is fulfilling, somewhat at least. Alice in Chains was my absolute go to music at the time; same with the darker side of Soundgarden stuff.

also my fucking face when my roommate and best friend at the time I was majorly depressed ended up killing himself last year and I never got to see him again after I left school, and I had no idea he was feeling as bad or worse than me at the time because he was able to hold it together on the outside

*blocks your path*

Am I the only one who remembers that summer
Oh I remember everyday each time a place was saved
The music that we made
The wind has carried all of that away
Long gone day

I never really understood how or why Mad Season exists instead of Layne just doing more AiC stuff

Mad Season was really just a super group from the same scene put together as an excuse for friends to jam and play on stage. The album was released before the Alice in Chains self titled, so it is not like it kept Layne busy from doing more with Cantrell.

neat

Doesn't matter if you understand it, their music is fucking GOAT

If only they had one more album.

This album is amazing, but specially this song is a masterpiece. The feelings it evokes make me feel so warm and sad at the same time.

It is a good album to take yourself away.

greatest grunge vocalist of all time

kurt a shit

also dirt is one of the lowkey greatest albums ever made