>causes a nasty shock from the starter motor
> Causes me to throw spanner across the workshop
> I shout "Fucking hell what was that"
>teacher comes sprinting over "what the fuck happened"
> "i jsut got a huge shock from the starter motor!"
> "oh shit sorry i left the battery connected and live" says the teacher
> Laughs as he disconnects it
> Another safe day at college

step 1 to working with dickheads. never assume anything and always assume if someone else touched it whatever they did was wrong

you fucking idiot. why didn't you check it. step 1 in almost every automotive repair process is disconnect the battery.

it is/was learning. he just assumed the teacher prepared it properly.
DAT FARM DRAG TRUXcK

he and or she*

teacher told me everything was disconnected and said to just get it done and out of the college

Electrician here.

Your a faggot.

Also buy a tester jerkoff

It's just a fucking car battery. I test them in the field by crossing the poles to feel for power all the time. Stop being a pussy.

>12v DC
>Nasty shock
Why u even trying?

The starter is a wound coil, it turns 12v into much, much more.

Idiot faggot, leave ur house and actually work on a car

Feel? 12v? How the fuck? No matter how many amps, you cant feel shit because it's still just 12v...

Fuck... I just can't... How... Do you know the difference between a coil and transformer?

i know a guy who had a car come off jack stands because he accidentally jumped the starter and it rolled forward. his kid jacked the car off his head. dude has a metal plate above his ear and under his eye now.

lick your fingers hold both post of the battery while someone cranks the engine

How did it rolled? It was on jack stands, the wheels were in the air, unless he was dumb enough to put jack stands on the drive shafts... Still, nasty shit..
Dude i can submerge myself and nothing would happen. Also, use glows you dumb bitch ass nigger. Why u fuckin 'murricans try to act a smart ass knowing actual shit about thing. Go back to your fuckin basement and dont touch the 9v battery from your vibrating dildo, otherwise it will "nasty shock" your fuckin loose ass nigger.

front only on stands

Please do tell where this magical earth lead is. Since a starter is grounded through its mount to the engine block.

You can't get a shock from a 12 volt battery, idiot.

It may spark and make noise, but not shock. You can get a bad burn if you make a dead short, like with a ring or something, that's all. Fuck off with your bullshit.

Older starter motors had a huge clunky "relay" next to them. Assuming on what he said the car was old, RWD and rather high suspended, otherwise his friend's head and probably torso would be totally smashed.

could have had a shitty grounding strap so they ran a negative to one of the mounting bolts.

you mean solenoid?

Something like pic related. Basically relay, but pretty dumb engineered, they did often break, feeding 12v to the motor all the time or not doing anything at all, i'm assuming that's what he was fixing.

Exeactly, the word i was looking for.