Post favourite Magic cards

Post favourite Magic cards.

Because of what they do or because of the art

Top combo right here

Shit gets wild with this guy
Any sort of doubling effect like doubling season or like overwhelming stampede just makes things get out of hand

Top tier art.

After years out of Magic I opened some packs and got the Starfield foil.

My love.

Lmao what dogshit is this

What's so good about this? you lose 2 life.

Tons of mill cards dont make you lose life

pic related

Super low mana cost, instant speed, can spot kill anything in an opponents hand aside from land. Combined with something like glasses of urza it’s pretty damn good

My b sorcery soeed

One of personal favourites.
Recently been watching goldfish commanders on YouTube and I so wish for the first time I had some friends I could play MTG with.

I dont know why this isnt more sought after.

It's fucking top tier good late in game

Because it's a shitty uncommon

Another top tier one in any mill deck

This bad boy should be banned in commander along with tooth and nail

Mind Over Matter too if you ask me

turn 2, 10 counters brah

I can see this becoming a very lulz tier card in combination with Donate/Confusion in the Ranks.

How? You have to cast the spell and then counter it. That's pretty bad IMO.

light deck. the dogshit is the light deck. get ready for huge health and indestructibility in, like, three turns.

I plan on building a red burn deck, can I just run instants that deal damage and lands?

Just find a local card shop there are always people to play with there

Mill, control, infect with trample, burn can all overcome that.

using free spells with phyrexian mana, then have a creature ability that triggers whenever you cast a spell. It was more of just a fun deck I'd pull out against friends. Wasn't rare to pull a turn 3 or 4 win.

What's the best color? How do you find what's best for you?

I mean what format but with out even knowing the answer is no some od the best burn decks still run creatures that feed of instants and sorceries such as the card above

Modern

Even if you, somehow, can win your first match in the second one your oponent will sideboard all they burn hate. So... No. Bad idea.

TOP TIER card

Another top tier card

So is this like 10 extra life?

SSOOOO many infinite options.

Yes i am a monster

Do I hear a stompy deck?

This is one of the most powerful commander cards that i dont see often as i should

You hear an AIDS deck

>no one has posted it yet

Love this with cascade and signets

Mmm, i found this Card right now. Yeah... That's not really bad in that case, and a very fun way to win.

MADCAP SKILLS

shiiieeet

probably my fave thing about mtg cards is the flavour text

>It doesn't think.
>It doesn't feel.
>It doesn't laugh or cry.
>All it does from dusk till dawn.
>Is make the soldiers die

I run an all-angel commander deck with her. High CMC is more achievable in commander.

That card is awesome.

Your turn one ruins your opponents turn one. It also gives you card advantage. 2 life is nothing. Life is just part of the casting cost in black.

I know it would kill sales and probably the game itself and cause the biggest mass triggering in the community, but I wish wotc made a rule where you can only have upto 1 of any card in your deck except basic lands. This would dramatically change the way mtg plays, and make people use more cards from the ginormous card pool this game has.

tl;dr: I play for lore and art and hate playsets

Mtg commander much?

That's what commander is, retard

Just play commander.

I've played since 1993. We used to play legacy and it got so fucking expensive that we all now play exclusively commander.

Commander is just a better version of 100 card singleton which is what you're describing.

The only thing that would eventually kill Magic is a reprint of all the pre-Mirrodin cards back to Alpha, and in multiple times

so you cant lose if they dont have disenchant?

Trying a goblin tribal With this guy as commander. The idea is to empty the barrens then cast cheap pump spells or draw cards spells. The problem right now is the ratio creatures/other spells.

It's an Ally so look for spells with Ally effects

Shit. Empty the Warrens.

No....learn to read.

Once you get to 0 you start getting infect counters.

Also, you can still "Lose the game".

What's a good ratio for lands in a commander deck?

1/3rd?

It's like having 30 life

But you can still lose to infect with 10 poison counters before the card's ability activates (because you still have 20 life)

Its not as good as it looks depending on the opponent

Add some icy manipulators with this and some other cards like Sol ring and you can really fuck up some peoples enjoyment.

since when are sorceries instant?

I was playing my gitrog land-storm commander in a 4man free for all game, one of the guys was taking a long time in his turns so i just started looking at the art of the cards in my hand with detail, i got charmed by the colours, and then i read the flavour text, i almost got an existencial crisis, my favourite card ever since

Once you are at zero life, they start to poison you and you die at 10 poison.

He's just shilling for his shitty sorcery that makes you lose 2 life just for one milled card

Who cares if you can kill anything your opponents have. It's two life.

Tons of cheap mill cards. If you mill your opponent turn one, it doesnt matter what he has in hand because most likely he can't fucking play it and if he does, it wont matter because he wont have much else

the pourpose of that card is not milling is making ur opponent discard very important cards, killing combos etc.

You can kill combos by normal milling and you mill more cards and you dont lose life.

Also it isnt an instant

Holy fuck this is too good.

i never told that's an instant, i was just explaining the card's purpose that's not milling and of course can make you take a look to ur opponent's hand that's always good. losing 2 life is not a big deal for that advantage

Miss my mana birds

noice, and here I thought Library Trap was dickish for discarding the top 13 cards (free if you play it after opponent shuffles their deck)

Look at that fucking horse. Bells and everything.

haven't been playing for very long, but i love pic related. both for the art and what it does.
i play allies a lot.

Wew

You must be retarded or something. Mill is not discard you dingus.

Wew that's pretty broken m8

winning the game twice at the same time

>I thought Library Trap was dickish for discarding the top 13 cards
Its top-tier for any sort of 'competitive' mill deck. Turn 2 should be Glimpse the Unthinkable (mill 10), then Surgical Extraction (triggering a library search), then your library traps.

The original table flip

Not good for commander

Who said anything about commander?

Had a friend that loved playing that fukkin card

played a tournament where we each got a bunch of boosters and tournament booster deck and had to build a deck with at least 2 mana types and 50 cards, won thanks to this guy right here.

also this guy, the two were pretty much unstoppable

I'll always love this one. Pretty good in a reanimator deck.

This card was always my favorite. A few copies makes any artifact deck much more lethal. The whole Mirrodin / Darksteel era was so good....

Fuck your blue utility and counterspells, I'm playing Time Walk in mono green

I loved the mercenarys in Mercadian Masques. No clue if they were any good, but boy did I enjoy playing decks with them against my buddies.
Love the art on the cards, this in particular.

I loved watching my friends squirm and then cuss me out every time i played this

Fucking love Surgical Extraction. Would mostly just play with my then-gf but would always need this against her one deck with Consecrated Sphinx, rite of replication and 4 fucking Jace's Erasures. She always got them all out so easily, then each time I drew I would need to mull 24. Fucking bullshit.

my bad, forgot the pic

My favourite Magic the Gathering card. Mainly because of how competitive it is.

Someone doesn't play commander, get this out turn 3/4 then Armageddon for some fun