no

no

maybe

what for?

yes

Why?

why didn't you ask anyone else

because i want to

Yes. I am a Christian, of the Protestant Baptist sort, also with some Jewish heritage.

>Sup Forums Do you believe in any Gods?
ftfy

Humans have come up with so many different ones it's almost amazing.

k

do you force your religion on others?

Why do you believe in God?

There could be a god but there probably isn't

Soul insurance

nope, there are like 50.000 religions beleiving one would be hypocritical. since they all have fatih based systems of beleif

personally, i could care less about which religion a person belongs to. as long as it makes them a better person, then they're free to believe in whatever

So long as any solution has a greater than 0 probability of existing, it will. Simply integrate with respect to time to infinity and the probability will hit 1. Ergo, a God has existed, will exist, or exists now.

yeah

If religion is the only reason somebody is a good person, they have some real mental issues and probably need help...

I believe in God, french Christian freemason here, my soul will live forever.

well thats the only reason im a good guy, cuz if i wasnt id be at risk of going to hell.

if there wasnt any morals set by religion i would go out right now and spit and swear at everyone i saw

So you can show evidence for the statement, that the probability of the existence of a god is higher than 0?

This could be true if not for the fact that his description defies the laws of the universe and that there is a very clear mention of WHEN he supposedly existed removing time entirely from your equasion, leaving only a next to impossible chance for it's existace.

Why would I believe in a God that has a child that died from a sharp stick

Personally, I'm an empiricist, so I don't believe in things without hard scientific evidence, making me an agnostic atheist. That said, I'll respect and defend the rights of people to worship the god they believe in.

i always wondered how catholics endocrinate saints. its based on a two miracle system. so if two people come forward from millions who prayed to a dead person and claim that they experienced a miracle, that person will become a saint.

lets apply that logic to the medical field. if i tell a terminally ill person i have a drug that can cure him/her but that it has only worked twice, without knowing how or why, would the drug become a cure? would everyone take it based on two confirmed cases out of millions who died?

that is my dilema with religion. i cant believe in blind faith.

Yes. My logic is, how did the universe start existing without a god? That's why I think a god exists. But I don't believe in any religion. Also some things I consider, that with all the infinite different ways the universe could work, it works in a way to allow life to exist. And also me being born a human, the only intelligent species, when there are trillions of other organisms. These are some reasons I think there is a god.

I'd say it's better off believing than not. if you don't believe in him and he's real, you're fucked. If you do believe in him and he's not real, then you're all good. If you believe him and he IS real, then you're also fine. But fuck religion, im a white, atheist and always will be. I believe in being able to control my life and not having some oldfag making my choices for me.

ITT: Christfags rubbing each other's dicks off and atheists crawling for attention.

Just the pinnacle of humanity, really.

only the mentally ill bellieve in gods

Correct.

But god made his child so we could kill it because he wanted him to suffer so we wouldn't even though he is the one that ultimately decides if we suffer or not so him making a son and then killing him was ultimately kinda pointless...

>These are some reasons I think there is a god.
it also highlights that we as a human race are arrogant and ignorant. what we dont understand we try to explain with supernatural beings and events.

>ITT: Christfags rubbing each other's dicks off and atheists trying to tell them what they are doing is gay

How can a god allow Juden to continue to exist

Unless you believe in the wrong one, and it turns out the punishment for that is worse than believing nothing.

That's the problem with Pascal's wager.

>I'd say it's better off believing than not. if you don't believe in him and he's real, you're fucked.
i say if he gets mad if someone did not believe in him then he is no different than the devil.

maybe the devil is god? rage on bro.

Thank you for being a good example of attention whore atheist.

Proceed.

nah, religion is for beta virgins.

religion? no clearly bullshit

higher power.. possibly, possibly not. right now no evidence but might find some later.. not on my list of things to worry about

There is alot we don't know about whats going on around us.
A thousand years ago, we weren't yet capable of understanding lightning, thunder, natural disasters, or basically anything. Therefore we developed a supernatural thought of an albeing power having control and having created what was around us.
Nowadays, we know pretty much all there is to know about planet earth. If the concept of religion had never existed before, and someone came up with that theory in 2017, not a single living being on this planet would buyt in to it.
But with that said: there is STILL much we don't understand. There may be several planes of existance, other than physical, and we don't know really how the universe came into existance, or where it ends, etc.

So, the best thing we can do is to be open and admit that we DON'T know anything about this stuff, and work with science throughout generations to try and understand more than we do now.
But to sit back, and say "Of course an all being entity created the universe" or blindly follow a book written by humans so far back in history that nothing about our lifestyles or understanding is remotely comparable.

WE. DON'T. KNOW.

no. I grew up.

>How can a god allow Juden to continue to exist

because...

i believe that it's possible there's a higher power, but i also think that it's possible there isn't. i think that one of the 3 things below must be true:

1. god isn't a being of pure good, or pure evil. "he" is neutral.

2. there is a god of good and a god of evil.

3. there simply is no god.

pic is a trap? post moar!

I also wanna add that religion can be seen as the same as culture or heritage. It's perfectly reasonable to recognize your culture and practise a religion, but still have your witts about you and know that the scripture is not to be taken as anything but litterature, and still base their life on reality, and being a kind person.

Call us back when you grow some more past your teen phase.

>how did the universe start existing without a god?
Where did your god come from, how did it start existing?
>with all the infinite different ways the universe could work, it works in a way to allow life to exist.
Well no fucking shit, it evolved based on the laws of the universe, it's like saying "it's incredible how humans grow up in a shape that allows clothes to fit them".
>And also me being born a human, the only intelligent species, when there are trillions of other organisms.
Purely coincidence, if you were anything else on earth you probably would not be contemplating that.

Add a fourth one or just extend the first and add "God just is. Nothing more or less"

>3. there simply is no god.

has anyone witnessed god in mordern times? all we have proof of his existence is the bible which men, who have ulterior motives, wrote.

youtu.be/xDQ_WxPE4sM

This!

+1

Very well written.

>a kind person.

you dont need religion to be a kind person. if you do then there is something seriously fucked about you. convicts always find god in prison. they want redemption without consequence.

>Where did your god come from, how did it start existing?
God doesn't have logic.

>Well no fucking shit, it evolved based on the laws of the universe, it's like saying "it's incredible how humans grow up in a shape that allows clothes to fit them".
What? Clearly you didn't understand what I said. I said, with all the different ways the universe could work, and it could have any laws, like gravity could not exist and all the other laws we know all could be something different that didn't allow life to exist, but instead it works perfectly to allow like to exist. Also matter existing at all when it could just not.

>Purely coincidence, if you were anything else on earth you probably would not be contemplating that.
Yea could be just a coincidence but it's a big enough coincidence to me to make me think there is some relevance to my existence.

Not the guy you replied, but whatever.

He's self sufficient, he doesn't come from anything prior, ergo he's his own reason for existing. It wouldn't be a God otherwise, no?

Only wanted to reply to that, the rest was actually retarded.

>God doesn't have logic.

So basically there is no use discussing anything with religious people because they can just say "Whatever, it doesn't have to make sense" as a valid statement about anything?
Really dude?

>Call us back when you grow some more past your teen phase.

tweet us when you actually find proof that god exists. not something from the bible. a tangible event that you personally experienced.

And how do you know that?

>He's self sufficient, he doesn't come from anything prior, ergo he's his own reason for existing. It wouldn't be a God otherwise, no?

no proof. just another human trying to explain anything and everything he/she dont understand with god.

>So basically there is no use discussing anything with religious people because they can just say "Whatever, it doesn't have to make sense" as a valid statement about anything?
>Really dude?

its blind faith remember?

If it is blind faith, why not take a year out of your life, study your religion, understand the scripture, understand the history, and then make an educated decision about wether you are going to believe in it, and why you're believing it. You gotta be able to tell me atleast why it is you think the propability of a god being control of the universe, is MORE plausible than ANY other scenario. Then I'll take you serious.

Yes God doesn't follow logic.

Neither do religious people.

Pure logic.
You can make the question "what came before it" ad infinitum and none of the answers would be a God because it must be something that created everything else, and not created by some other thing.

I like how atheists really tries to force me to measure height using the concept of color.
Didn't make sense right? That how you sound asking me to have material proof of something that isn't material. Wrong tool.

>If it is blind faith, why not take a year out of your life,

if people have to take a year to understand something that cannot be proven then its a waste of time.

Nope.
Interested in theology, sacral music and architecture though.

So you actually don't give a shit about God or your religion, you just wanna say you believe in it.

You need the supplemental reading materials, namely "Fantasioblagiasic - My Journey From The Shithouse" and "The Final Baiting of the Mildly Sanctimonious Carpenter"

You replied to someone other than you were originally talking to. But I said I don't believe in any religion, I just believe that there is a god, for the reasons I laid, chiefly, how did the universe come about, without a god, if something created it, what created that thing, if you believe the big bang and the universe came exploded from a single point, what created that point that held all the matter of the universe, I can't think of any better explanation than a god, that doesn't have to follow logic.

>Wrong tool.

then how do you prove something exists? you ignore facts but believe in lies.

I like ignoring the facts almost as much as I like poop, poop and candles...

If God doesn't exist the need to invent him does

What's the proof that it's a lie?

Here bud, lemme introduce you to something called existentialism. Do you have it? Good, because everybody suffers from it at some point.
How do you get out of it? Well, some people reacts differently from one another, some actually find meaning of some manner and others like to pinpoint the emptiness of it all.
Which are correct? Both are. Shit doesn't really make sense and at some instances we weren't even supposed to understand.
Why choose one over the other then? Because inside every human being there's something that calls out to the rest of existence, simply put because you are part of it. When you ask that thing "why?" it answers with whatever is best for you at the moment, it can be a certain religion, atheism or even something new altoghether. It's a choice you make more than anything, and to be honest I much prefer seeing things as having meaning than being just depressed all the fucking time.

Shit has the meaning we give to them.

Agreed

ARE YOU THE ONE LAYIN' BRICKS IN THIS SHITHOUSE?!?!

>If God doesn't exist the need to invent him does

that is why men wrote the bible.

If I adapted the Bible into an erotic thriller would you watch it?

>Shit has the meaning we give to them.

i have a snake oil to sell you.

No one without childhood indoctrination is religious.

Unless they want to fuck someone who is, then they'll believe anything.

Plus, there's like 4,200 religions, the chances you follow the 'correct' one is insanely unlikely.

>If I adapted the Bible into an erotic thriller would you watch it?

already faping to it everyday. the wine gets me ready and the yummy bread fills my tummy.

Shit has a lot of meaning, that's why the practice of purposefully shitting myself brings me such joy....

Yeah, it will also be sucking imigrant sandnigger dicks forever too.

Only a few conditions, Gérard Depardieu is already slated for a full nude scene.... actually, multiple nude scenes

god will know

i just want to say, after arguing that god does not exist, if there is a slight chance god exists. i was baptized as a child and practiced religion until i graduated from high school. so if you can read this god, please dont put me to hell.

>well thats the only reason im a good guy, cuz if i wasnt id be at risk of going to hell.
This is supposed to be ironic, right?
>if there wasnt any morals set by religion i would go out right now and spit and swear at everyone i saw
You haven't read any arguments against your position ever, have you?

society will punish you not god

>Gérard Depardieu is already slated for a full nude scene.... actually, multiple nude scenes

is he playing god and having sex with angels?

He's playing the high school friend Jesus experimented with... heavily... it's a pretty progressive film

>society will punish you not god

unless you are a catholic priest who molested under aged sacristans. the church will simply reassign you to a new archdiocese with no punishment. as long as you ask god for forgiveness. no need to ask the children for forgiveness. god will take care of them in heaven. how that for ya?

maybe because he too doesn't believe in god and so he understands their point of view already, faggot.

▲▲

Religion is just our way to cope with death... the government is "god"

Yes I do

Less about God more about this

Of course not! As a ripe young man of 15 years, I have cast aside such childish delusion and turned to the only logical answer: SCIENCE. It was created by man so you know it's totally legit and not at all fallible like the laughable concept of a god. Not to mention the countless experiments that absolutely PROVE God's inexistence. I'd show you but they don't actually exist, JUST LIKE GOD. I'm serious!

No, it's an interesting, but primitive and flawed hypothesis, for one that self professes to be perfection manifested.