Why is this the best fallout?

Why is this the best fallout?

Duude, it's being converted to FO4 engine by a mod team right now, they're only done with Goodsprings, but its a start

>ps3
Worst way to experience any fallout

So they're pretty much going to make a shitty version. Why?

>good story
>freedom to choose your character's background
>vats not broken
>skill checks not broken
>skills not broken
>special stats not broken
>doesn't need COD gunplay to entertain
>comfy environment
Did I get them all?

its not, 2 is

I think they're similar.

How? lol

I loved Fallout 3 and logged about 300 hours on it, including the various expansion packs.

I logged about 40 hours on New Vegas and realized that I just wasn't having fun. The whole thing feels like a buggy fan mod of FO3. I lost count of the number of times I needed to look up a console command because a quest had randomly failed or a character was not activated to say something he was supposed to say. The whole "different factions" thing was very buggy and poorly implemented.

Mostly, though, it's the ridiculous tone that got to me. FO3 was bleak and oppressive. New Vegas had a bunch of people dressed up in Roman centurion costumes, like they're doing Shakespeare in the park. Perhaps you'd like the Great Khans, who model themselves on Mongol hordes and have similar technology (in a future where power armor and laser rifles are available.)

The moment where I finally quit was when you get to the chalet run by super mutants and talk to the bright purple one who wears a woman's dress and calls herself Auntie. I've seen My Little Pony fan mods of Fallout that weren't as ridiculous.

>genuine roleplaying
>true open ended pick your own adventure
>complex quests

nope they are not

If you feel like Fallout shouldn't be ridiculous at times, then you clearly never played 1 and 2.

They have the same feel, not sure how to explain it. Only New Vegas has a larger and richer playing field..

Because of not being created by Bethesda

It's really not the best.
People always say I'm trolling, but I legit think FO4 is the best. Yeah, it has its faults (especially the fucking voicacting), but NV is after 3 and 4 IMHO.

The super mutant quest line is comfy AF.

It's great but it's buggy as fuck, a lot of shit gets broken easily

I'm assuming you also believe Skyrim is the best elder scrolls game. Typical normie "gamer".

THANK YOU
You're the first I've heard (other than me) to be disappointed by NV. Yeah, it was ok, but it wasn't that great.

When I was playing it, that stupid eyebot companion that introduces you to the Brotherhood of Steel (the one that was fixed in Primm) was shot and frenzied by a powderganger. Of course it auto-saved immediately after, too. Because the fucking thing was frenzied I couldn't talk to it and had to kill it, so I never got to do anything with the BoS.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Yes they are.

Thank you for confirming my normie theory. Why are you not on reddit?

>considers the ps3 version to be best
>still believes that E.T. is the game that made Atari
>has spent the last 40 plus years living in mom's basement
>wears his moms panties and masterbates.
>Lives in Detroit.

It's got the dialogue, the wit, humor, it's New Vegas Style to the end.

It's not so serious when you're killing agitated radiated mutants.

no I think that's why he prefaced it with the "people always think I'm trolling", because of that predictable reaction. unless your trolling or are going to backpedal and say you were trolling, then 5/10

>interesting characters
>power armor not broken
>realy interesting side quests
>great dlc
>best survival mode
>great looking armor
>option to make groups join or betray others
think thats it

>Eleanor quest bugged, preventing full game completion.
>gameplay made to suit the needs of teenagers with gaming awkwardness.
>Game made for "cool kids" who get ass reamed by actual cool kids.

What the fuck are you on about, m8?

Um, not sure you are talking about the same game.
>Hint: Google screen images from FO2 and FO3 and compare.

Yes! This! New Vegas had a lot of cool things to it but it was buggy as fuck and the quests weren't as tightly written. The best part of that whole game was Big Mountain.

Sad, that no matter how much you enjoy a game, you're first response is too hate on it because "normie game played by people who get laid and have lives? Fuck dem! hurr derr"

you realize that is fully the distributors fault *bethesda didn't give them enough time to make this game*

poor Obsidian catches all the shit for it simply because they were the developers (OF SOMEONE ELSES GAME!)

Lmao the gameplay is no better than 3 and is ass really. Load 1 mod? Game crashes, no mods? Still crashes. The game
>unpolished
>empty
>boring story

blame Bethesda for that, they only gave them 18 months in this game and console gaming ruined the potential for this game. look, it, up.

yeah b is always full of 14 year old retards who think bethesda is sooooo great

>hehe ahaha mister sand mane! i'm a vault boy hehe gonna look for my dad and son i'm a faggot lol

Just like niggas that prefer Rogue One over the OT films I cannot understand people like you.

Normie taking the bait

It's not.
I liked Fallout 3 a lot, it was filled with strange locations and quests, a vault with weird clones, a talking tree, it was amusing and breathtaking exploring that game.
I played this shortly after completing Fallout 3 and I did not enjoy NV. I was extremely bored, I remember no memorable location, I do however remember annoying mountains at some part with giant bees that were OP, annoying and more dangerous than Deathclaws.
I then played Fallout 4 at release, I disliked the dialogue system but enjoyed everything else.

Fallout New Vagas in my opinion is just as good as Fallout 3. These games although seem very similar to Fallout 4 are much better.

3 and New Vegas where run by people that had a total vision. There was a "FEEL" to it that blended with it's themes. Like a group of people actually agreed what the game should be.

4 sadly was a mixed bowl that you can tell had alot of people throwing shit in. I can imagine there were people higher up in the studios that would throw out idea and were told to just throw everything in. Like the settlements idea.

The settlements idea is good on paper, and actually kinda fun... but the problem is it makes u stop ur journey through the wasteland to check on them. Immersion would be broken when your exploring a small town on the edge of the map when you get a notification that one of ur towns is under attack, so u have to decide if ur going to keep exploring and fast travel to the settlement, help fight and rebuild it.

The game felt like it had more "big" things but it had less smaller moments that would make up the extra bits of the other games.

Honestly the most fascinating thing to me about fallout 4 was about the AI robot people (forget their proper names) about whether u believed they were "people" who had rights. Which actually tied into the theme of the boston "start of america" type thing they were going for.

But it was all muddled down by having to fast travel into underground science bunker which felt like a completely different game. Immersion would be broken again. They should have just had the location just be a town in the corner of the map that was "perfect" almost like a pleasantville type feel to it.

On the map, no literal electric teleportation that makes it feel like ur in a different game... it's the wasteland for fuck sake. And they could have made it a theme about how their perfect society was helped built by the slave robot AIs (ie slaves). And u can choose to be part of the underground that way.

fallout 3 is better, new vegas navigating that fucking city is so fucking annoying

you realize the shitty game you like is based on fallout 1 and 2? which were made by the same people who made NV.

so you're essentially an autistic console gaming faggot.

fo4 is shit tho

I've loaded 23 mods, maybe you're a poor faggot with a shit computer??????

I remember a time few years ago when everyone agreed NV was trash

At least I can spell "masturbates," you dumb fuck.

There is no bait, dipshit, just a pussy changing his tune because he got called out on his neo-normie pseudo-views.
But don't fret. Not everyone is born with a spine, love.

Its not, Fallout 3 is and will forever be, THE best.

>open ended pick your own adventure

Side with ncr
Side with legion
Side with mr house
Side with yes man

Oh boy, so many choices..

Of course you can love, and you do it very well :D

>a shitty version
The game is already shit

And what about Lemmings? Huh?! *tsk tsk

I would assume that a game that was based on Sup Forums before their even was a Sup Forums should have some recognition.

Then everyone got to play it due to bug fixes and saw how much more depth it had in comparison to 3

Because it is

>fallout 4
>you were a soldier. This is non-negotiable
>you have a son. This is non negotiable
>you have a wife/husband. This is non-negotiable
>your son is the antagonist. This is non-negotiable
>fallout nv
>you tried to deliver a package.
Remind me again- which one feels more free?

Naw man, NV is one of the best games evr! It's part of the holy trilogy (which is NOT Bathesda based).

1. Super Mario Kart
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. Custer's Revenge

>never played Fallout 1 & 2

>THIS

1=2>NV>Tactics>4>BoS>3

you can also say fuck you to all of them. The side characters also have incredibly complex story paths and quests, and every town gets its own ending along with other major characters

>side with your retarded son
>side with the retarded version of the BoS
>side with the retarded Minutemen
>side with the Railroad who are basically liberals

shut the fuck up you 4 year old faggot

As a guy who started off on Atari, got a nes for my 12th bd (the year it came out) and almost every other system including pc, I’ll have to totally disagree with you there.

Aww someone doesn’t like me talking shit about their favourite game..

About the shit games you say are “best ever”? Yeah, nobody cares.

Obsedian wanted to upgrade the game engine but the budget given by bethesda was too small to hire coders to rebuild the engine . which is impossible when you think of the few resources the studio had in terms of coding and budget not to mention the 2-year limit imposed by bethesda

kek as if NV is my favorite game. it just makes me laugh that people actually think Bethesda can make any good Fallout games

you must be a summerfaggot in the winter

Itt bunch of millennial faggits that think they’re experts on games.

Fucking kids these days..

Hair trigger on this one folks!

people don't understand that the only reason Fallout NV had any issues was cause of the shite Bethesda gamebryo engine

Obsedian wanted to upgrade the game engine but the budget given by bethesda was too small to hire coders to rebuild the engine . which is impossible when you think of the few resources the studio had in terms of coding and budget not to mention the 2 years limit imposed by bethesda.
>boring story
and how the story is boring?

tl;dr
Bethesda is ran by faggots

Isn't that pick from when FO4 first launched?

Unless you are trolling or mentally handicapped I'm not sure how it is possible to not prefer new vegas over any other 3D fallout game.

yeah, Steam had to delete all the shitty reviews and clean up the mess Bethesda made

they can't make a decent game so Steam had to clean up the reviews much like Yelp has to clean up shitty businesses' reviews

Steam had to go in an deliberately delete bad reviews? Fuck.......

I was really sad too when I found out what a disappointment Fallout 4 was

if only New Vegas or even Fallout 3 were made with the same budget of Fallout 4,
that would be something.

lol fallout 3/4 don't even have good memes, isn't that what we're all about here on Sup Forums, folks?

very accurate

I wasn't talking about the engine you fucking moron.

I didn't enjoy Skyrim, why would i hate it if i enjoyed it? I think you're projecting, maybe you're the one who confuses entertainment with identity politics.

Skyrim is an awful RPG, and you obviously like it, being the normie casual you are, again proving my point.

skyrim is trash

F2

Fallout 2 tho

It isn't....FO3 has much better dialogue and scenery

Dubs checked.
I do gotta say that explosives was broken when combined with vats though. Grenade launcher plus vats =never miss and high damage. Just avoid that though and the games perfect, definitely best fallout. I'm excluding the first 2, I barely played them so I can't really rate them. Their tyle wasn't really for me

Still double the shit FO3 had with the added benefit of not being so black and white.That shit works better for Star Wars

>FO3 has much better dialogue

Dude didn't have a family. Made the game feel more like you vs. the city, its people, and your own morality

Nice troll, what about subfactions and the choices you've gotta make there? Brotherhood of steel, powder gangers, bombers. Some can't ally with others. It's not a game that gives you whatever you want, every choice actually matters. True role play in that you can decide what your characters background may have been, their personality, whatever. And then the storyline follows as you act that character out