youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fap furiously while people get kill

push the fat guy onto the tracks to stop the train

Only if the 5 are white or Asian would I kill the guy

just stop the train with your hand. it's only like an inch tall

I make a 360 degrees turn and moonwalk away

But you would be, oh, nevermind

Let the train kill the five people and kill the guy of the other track with my bare hands

The thing is if you switch the track to kill just the one person the track ends right there. That would cause a derailment and probably kill the people on the train as well so technically you'd be killing multiple people either way.

If you want a serious answer: fuck that one guy. there is no intrinsic difference between killing via action and killing via inaction.

Depends on who's on the tracks. If it's all just random people, then I'll pull the lever and kill the one person. If there's someone I hate, then I'll choose whatever option that gets them killed, even if it's just them and 4 "innocent" people.

I think this kid figured it out
youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

So he took an old jpg and made a youtube video about it? sounds like usual recycle youtube.

I'd grab the popcorn and a box of tissues.

kek

not use the lever and do my best to warn the people on the track, as there are 5 of them then they have the highest probability of noticing my warning
there might be other circumstances not stated that would make the single person more likely to hear my warning, but I would only activate the lever once the single person had left the tracks and I was absolutely sure that the side track had enough room for the train to safely stop and there were no oncoming trains on it

run to that guy on second track and stab him while train kills remaining 5

derail train kill all six.

I'd do nothing. If 5 dipshits are sitting on a train track they have it coming.

id just lay down in front of the train because i bet i wanna die more than all of them combined

you do know that is a philosophical paradox from at least the 1950s, probably earlier, right?

take the one person and put him with the other five

>don't pull the lever

If they can't hear that mofo coming it's just natural selection at work.

break the engine and cause the train to crash before the fork in the tracks
i would rather kill 300 passengers than 1 or 5 dumbasses throwing rocks at trains

Bullshit dilemma. Being aware that you have a choice to pull the lever, but choose not to, makes you just as directly responsible (for choosing not to act), as you would be if you pulled the lever (choosing to act).

Therefore the obvious answer would be to pull the lever. No matter the choice, you're directly responsible for the outcome, so choose the one with least damage.

Next.

Underrated!

Also /thread

So still a recycle. His point stands.

even if it was 2 on one track id pull the lever, assuming each person is the same

if we start bringing in specifics, like one toddler vs 5 seniors, or 5 ugly dudes vs a hot girl, sure it'll get trickier

now if you say im the person on the track and can either kill 5 people or myself, that's where ill let the other niggers die

Can i lay down on the rails?

i'd just cover my ears and start shouting "lalalala cant hear ya", my dad is a lawyer and thought me this trick

stay on the track and hope he pulls the switch towards me

All these other answers from the other Anons are a crock of shit, listen up people I know the answer.

It doesn't matter which choice you make because death will come back and kill the survivor(s), I saw a documentary on this called "penultimate terminus" ... or something like that.

Push the train and rush to the 1 guy then teleport on top of the train and say "nothing personal locomotive"

>Pull the lever while the train is over the switching point
>One end of the train is now being pulled in the other direction
>Derail the train
>Trains slides into both groups of people
>Everyone dies including people on the train
>Can't get arrested due to moral ambiguity
>Continue to do this with larger and larger numbers of people
>Women, children, sometimes all black people to just freak soys out
>Other people realise they can do this
>Sudden increase in fear of train travel
>Eventually people stop using trains
>It's gets to a point where there is no knowledge of trains
>I never have to hear this stupid fucking moral problem ever again

I hate this fucking question

kek

this

it's the last arriving point trilogy

will the lone person on the track be my qt3.14 gf?

>i watch tv and dont even remember the important words
>i know the answer
Fucking hell

Whoever doesn't pull the lever is a pussy bitch and i've never seen how there could possibly be a moral dilemma here. Innaction doesn't make you free of responsability, much like witnessing a crime and doing nothing about it. You were there, you could have saved 4 lives, you didn't do it. It's not illegal, you're not a criminal, but you are a huge pussy.

>assuming you have no reason to believe one of those people's lives is more important than the others (a boy genius, etc)

Counterpoint: it's five black guys on the one track, and one white girl on the other. Do you pull the lever?

Was the white girl blacked?

Of course not, but that's a different scenario.

makes it too easy 1 white girl is easily worth well over 5 black guys and therefore its just simple math to save the object of higher value

thats like save the gold bar or the pocket full of change

>>Can't get arrested due to moral ambiguity
not true
from a purely US legal standpoint
if you make an overt act (pulling a lever) that you know will put someone in danger
you are guilty of manslaughter
no matter how many people that overt act saved
and you would also be guilty of felony trespassing (being on railroad property) and vandalism (changing the state of the lever and track switch)

Who am I to interfere with natural selection?

Divert, I am not responsible for the situation, I am simply making the best of it

If I 'do nothing' I'm directly responsible for 5 people's deaths. 1 is better than 5 so yeah I pull the lever.

where is the railway support? its not my fucking job

to "do nothing" is a choice itself

then youre really choosing between 5 or 1 casualties

so im gonna go with 5 deaths cause fuck humanity

>mfw everyone asks you whether you pull the lever or now
>mfw no one asks if the emergency break system is still working
>mfw it is made for situations like these
>mfw i pull it and it works
>mfw everyone is safed
>mfw i get a medal

All of you saying you would divert the train are stuped!
Act like blonde bimbo. "i had no idea i could move the train". 5 less people on this overcrowded little rock.

>emergency break system

Record the sweet gore on my camera phone and just watch

i would kill op cause he s too coward to kill himself and he is a faggot

can I throw the Vsauce guy onto the tracks ? If so either way I don't care

Lmao turning a lever isn't vandalism

I'M not responsible for anything going on in this scenario.
>not operating the train
>didn't tell those be to put themselves in an unsafe situation
To do nothing =/= dooming someone to die. I think all this demonstrates is humanity's capacity for hubris.

tampering with anything that does not belong to you is vandalism

Hey Michael from Vsauce here to ask the question Can you throw me onto the tracks if you don't care whether I am on the tracks or not?

>calling the only correct answer, and stale copypasta, underrated

>being this new

in the US technically I'd think it would be an act of terrorism diverting a form of transportation. All railroads, airplanes, and buses are under similar codes and are protected under certain rules and security to avoid disasters. Actually security with trains is pretty fucking high considering what could happen if things went wrong.
Well good question, I care about him being on them because I want them on the tracks.

It's more fair using symmetrical justice like that.

kek

>>Do nothing
>You're not responsible
>>Do something
>You're responsible

What are the rules? Are there any laws at play? I couldn't care less who died, as long as I don't go to jail or worse.

Eh, do nothing

Always gets me

Wtf they on the train tracks for? But in any case if I was in that situation, it'd have to be a quick decision in which I'll probably fuck the one guy up instead of the other five. Chances are he wanted to kill himself anyway.

in that case why bother stopping it
how can a model train hurt anyone, even if they are standing on the tracks?

/thread

i'd just say "fuck off you cunt, thats my not my job mate im no train operator or whatever you cunt i got my own job and my own resposibilties ya fucking twat so dont get me invovled into your shitty job ya big shitebag. fucking idiot you work your job i work mine alright you fucking twat this is not some job exchange program mate i dont even know ya, i dont know the fuck you are and youre asking me to pull some lever, get the fuck away mate i dont want any of this shite "

Don't eat the bait kids

>whether b8, or weak humor bypass module, kys anyway to be on the safe side....

nothing. they knew what they were getting into.

Tell that to the little people that were on the tracks.

That train may not be much for you, but it is for them, you insesitive asshole.

> i dont know the fuck you are and youre asking me to pull some lever, get the fuck away mate i dont want any of this shite

perfect fucking solution

That's what I'm bitching about.

>calm down, it's just a thought experiment
No. It's stupid and whoever came up with it is bad at it. The only thing it "proves" is that there are retards who want to entertain a ridiculous hypothetical and everyone else.

There's another version of this for self-driving cars, where the car supposedly can only choose between running someone over and saving you OR swerving to avoid the pedestrian but killing you in the process. Which, of course, is a pile of horseshit because that's not how self-driving cars work.

Do nothing, I don't want any legal liability to anyone's death

>Little people
They prefer the term, vertically challenged, you bigot.

I keked at that more that I should have.

It is not my duty or moral need to interfere. If you are dumb enough to be on a track with a train coming, I let nature take the course it laid out.

This is the only right and correct answer.

No you are not. You are NOT responsible for choosing WHICH person to kill because you happen to be there. Letting an accident happen through inaction is not the same as killing someone.

What morals cause you to HAVE to act to interfere with a freak occurrence? Spoiler: It's none.

Why would I give half fuck about the people on the train track? Just walk away.

Take video on my phone, and upload it to social media, of course. One like, one prayer for the victims.

I would pull lever.
Then blaming me for the death of one person would be useless if im not the one who caused such a shitty sitation. its who put them there.
personally I would minimize the casualties.

>Letting an accident happen through inaction is not the same as killing someone.
Agreed.

Plus, why/how would you know that some random goddamn lever would change anything?

Plus plus, aren't those levers located right next to the track split? Why the fuck are YOU on the tracks? Why not run ahead of the train, then, and warn people? Why not make you be the train engineer so at least your "inaction" has direct consequences. Can engineers change tracks from the train cab?

This scenario is bullshit and makes me so angry.

ITT
libertarian versus authoritarian

So you'd always consider that 5 lives are more important than one, irrespective of situation?

Why not go to your local ER and kill a random healthy looking person in the waiting area? His organs would potentially save 5 lives just a few metres away.
You wouldn't do it? Why not?

Explain further, please.

the 1 man you killed was a doctor lost and trying to find his way to the road
the 5 you let live were a few gang members who later went on that night to kill 5 innocent casualties in a liquor store robbery

Not pulling the level. I don't know how five idiots ended up on train tracks and I don't care.

Bet you didn't think you'd ever use that rofl

maybe they were trying to carry your mom off of it. BURN

used horrible words for it
but basically
those who choose to do nothing and let the choices of the variables involved play out as it were
vs
those who impose their beliefs or their thoughts, even if out of good intentions, on others, basically making the choice of who should live and who should die based on those beliefs or thoughts

You could do it if you somehow, magically, KNEW that all 6 people involved were definitely going to die. And KNEW that the 5 people would definitely be cured. And KNEW they wouldn't need the same organs from the one person.

Because that's what the retarded train scenario is proposing.

God damn it this is stupid.