In honor of his 60th Birthday, Nick Cave thread!

In honor of his 60th Birthday, Nick Cave thread!

Anyone sees him live soon?

Seeing him live in October actually.

damn is he really 60? i knew he was old but not that old

Thinking about seeing him live in November but the tickets cost 70 Euros. Is it worth it?

I'm seeing him in Nottingham next week

He'll be fine

Depends on how much you love the dude, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are probably one of the best rock acts of all time but if you don't have the money don't buy it, no concert should be over 40€ worth.

DON'T

just bought my ticket yesterday to see him in Glasgow on Wednesday. I have only heard Skeleton Tree and Tender Prey so far. Which other ones should I listen to?

See you there

Shit man, you're missing a looooooot of fantastic albums so far! As a superfan i may be biased but the true super important records are probably

>Push The Sky Away (he will probably play a lot of songs from it since it sold very well, fantastic soft album, Higgs Boson Blues is one oh his best songs
>Let Love In (sometimes it sounds too "staged" but it's truly fantastic, some of the most fan-loved songs are on it, especially Red Right Hand and Do You Love Me?)
>The Firstborn Is Dead (my favorite of the first three records, it sounds like Robert Johnson on speed. He will probably play Tupelo out of it)

He only made like 3-4 bad records anyway, so dig everything

cheers man, i'll listen to those. Don't have time to listen to his whole discography before the gig, but I'm hoping to at least catch up on the essentials.

Seeing him in 2 days actually.

Everything else from the 80s

Thoughts on the soundtrack?

the good son is fantastic as well

Me too mate, sweet

from her to eternity is by far his best if you're into no-wave/experimental rock

Not if I see you first

Nick Drake is next

You don't like the party?

I do but it's a different story