Mental health thread. Anyone else been diagnosed with AVPD, social anxiety disorder or depression?

Mental health thread. Anyone else been diagnosed with AVPD, social anxiety disorder or depression?

been diagnosed with the last two, but I feel like everyone has been recently, which doesn't help me feel more connected or social.

I spent most of April in a mental hospital and was diagnosed with major depression.

maybe we just naturally fall into place with others like it? i know that at least for me. i was in a group of people with different mental conditions, id always thought that we were just outcasts and everyone else was normal

been there. might go again soon if things get bad enough, just cant handle being alone all the time

I have lots of self hatred and fear of failure. It just ends up coming in out in conniptions and some times really spontaneous selfharm. My mom was an alcoholic and killed herself when I was 8.

that really sucks man sorry to hear about that. i always like to think that i wouldn't be affected if my mom killed herself but in truth i dont know how i would feel

nah, I mean, like, even though so many people have been diagnosed with those recently, it hasn't made me any more comfortable around people. I'm still lonely as isolated as fuckk.

Diagnosed with bipolar and depression when I was ten, and it came to a climax when I was arrested in September and charged with a felony for shit I didn't even do. Feels great, man.

Yeah i try to go to coffee shops hoping that someone will reach out or i build enough confidence to go talk to someone else but nothing ever happens. i've even tried a couple different drugs that are supposed to help with social anxiety or generalized anxiety but even with their help im too terrified to approach someone that i don't know or even sometimes the ones that i do know

wrong place at the wrong time or evil/crazy girl?

Diagnosed Psychotic

Shits sad man

I just wish the urges for hurting myself were more manageable. It seems almost instant and next thing I know I've got something sharp in my leg or hand

Well I was assaulted, and pulled a knife out to defend myself (didn't use it, or wave it). They said I attacked first, etc. I got the felony charge dropped, though. It just fucked me up for awhile, especially sitting in the back of a police car.

Bipolarfag reporting in. Type II, mixed mood with episodes of depression related psychosis. It sucks, but it is what it is.

I'm not going to give a long "you can do it" speech, but I just want to say that you guys deserve good things and a good life. Keep fighting anons, you'll be alright if you truly and honestly try to improve yourself. Get a quality team of professionals that know what they're doing and listen to what they say and take it to heart.

i used to self harm, i can manage without it now. can't deny that it can make things feel better for that short period of time when it gets the endorphans flowing

good luck fellow Sup Forumstards

here's a (((hug)))

I suffered from depression a few years ago.

>Be lying in bed one night
>Thinking about shit
>Suddenly for no real reason connect some dots
>Realize the religious beliefs I had been raised with made no sense
>It all came rushing in in a single instant: I'm going to die. There's no heaven. I'm going to lose everything and everyone I love. I've spent years assuming this and dismissing opportunities and accruing regrets because I shrugged and said "Oh well there's always heaven"
>Looking back it was like the awful offspring of an anxiety attack and a depressive episode
>For 3 months almost every day I have an incident where I either start rocking in a corner, my brain on fire with fear and sadness, so afraid to die that I almost WANTED to die, or lying in bed staring at the ceiling, feeling like my parents, family, friends, girlfriend, etc. had already died
>Put off going to the doctor because in some weird way I felt like I HAD to figure something out to "save myself"
>Eventually it gets too much and I end up prescribed some meds, which solves the problem

Some years later I'm better and off the meds, though I still suffer from anxiety quite often. I keep some ambien I get from somebody I know handy in the chance I'm lying awake and feel the horror descending again, and drink alcohol when the anxiety starts.

I really don't want to be the self diagnosing faggot but never have a read something that applies to me so well as the AVPD description. Once tried to explain how I feel and research but never came across this.

>My mom was an alcoholic and killed herself when I was 8.
I'm sorry to hear. My mother has screwed over my family and I have so much hate towards her but I was scared when I started to think she might take her life.

i got arrested for some stupid shit too mane. I was driving with a blinker out, got pulled over and was given a fix it ticket to fix it withing a month and it would go away. Got it fixed but didnt know i had to go to the courthouse to show them so i ended up having a warrant that they went through with even though they saw my blinker when they pulled me over.

I've also been thought of as having AVPD from about 4 therapists but they said that i dont fit the diagnosis verbatim so they are currently looking for something else. once they started telling me about it i felt different, like i finally knew that there were other people out there who truly feel the way that i do.

has anyone here had any luck with therapy? i've been to over 13 of them in the last 12 years. i dont know if its me or maybe i just havent found the right one

So how did you end up going through so many therapists and were they all helpful?

Shit lol... Gotta love the "justice" system. They'll do anything for money, it seems. Charged me about $1,000 for court processes and shit (which granted, is baby money in court battles) just for the privellege of me getting the charges dropped.

ive been going since i was 2 or three but i dont count the ones that early. alot of them i just stopped going to either because i didnt feel like they were helping or i got a bit better for a short period of time. a couple kicked me out because im a daily cannabis user and wouldnt stop. some of them helped or promised that if i worked hard enough would help. current one doesnt seem to be helping much at all, she sits and colors some sessions others she just tells me to work from my booklet. Doesn't really matter to me whether they are male or female but a male might be able to relate to my situation more (Crippling lack of intimacy)

I think it's normal to be depressed in the current world we live in. All most people care about is money and attention on social media. I like shitposting on here and I don't hate the internet, but I think it's a huge factor in why nothing seems genuine anymore. I act pretty normal around people but I don't really feel much anymore, hopefully it gets better, I'm still in my early twenties.

It could be any number of reasons. The key to having a successful relationship with a therapist is the patient's ability to connect with them and the overall skill of the therapist. They're human and they're like everyone else - some are better than others. The key to therapy though is compliance. Going in with a "I'm smarter than you" attitude will sabotage yourself - not that I'm saying that's what you did.

I highly suggest looking at reviews of therapists that are in your insurance network as a start. Get the highest rated one you can that's accepting new patients. Most of the better ones don't accept insurance, unfortunately. Mine charges 125 USD per visit, once every two weeks. It's a worthwhile investment.

Yeah they ended up charging me $250 for the warrant. I had the money to pay it off but dad wouldnt let me so i ended up having to suffer through 50 hours of community service

I go about every week. I don't really connect to her all that much but i do cooperate for the most part. I've always been recommend which therapist i should go to next when one gives up or i decide to move to another one

Declining service due to drug use is a big red flag. The exception is if you're being prescribed medication and have to be drug tested, like opiates for example, or if you're showing up to therapy intoxicated. Furthermore, if you don't have the therapist's 100% attention, then it's time to find another. Some will do casual things during the session to make the patient more at ease, but the way you make it sound, it's like your therapist doesn't care at all.

It's time to find another therapist if things are the way you say they are. Personally, the only time I've ever heard of a patient being declined service is if the patient shows up intoxicated. Shunning you for drug use alone is a major red flag and something that professionals worth their salt will never do. Hell, my therapist smokes marijuana regularly.

All the best, user.

>psychology major who switched majors because fuck 100K in student loan debt

>I've always been recommend which therapist i should go to next

There's your problem. If you have a bad experience, do not even dare to see one of their colleagues. Most study together, especially in small towns or college towns. If possible, start fresh with a new therapist.

I'm glad to hear that you're cooperating though. That's the hardest part of treatment. Have you tried talking to her about not being able to relate to her? I'd bring that up if I were you, in a very peaceful manner though.

i've thought about bringing it up in the past and probably will soon if things dont improve. its just hard to talk about the type of loneliness im experiencing with her and it's hard to bring up that it comes with thoughts of sexual assault and general hatred towards women. I still try to talk about everything even though its hard to talk about those kind of things to women because i feel that its important that they get accurate reporting from me

Pretty much why I didn't want to start and I feel like I'll probably end up not listening to them anyway. Just would be nice to talk to someone that understands.

in that case i would look for a support group, I havent been able to find one myself but you never know, especially if you live in a populated area

I'll tell you something that you might need to remember. Therapists are trained to handle a situation like yours, especially if they have a doctorate. They've already studied and are professionally equipped to handle what you're going through. For example, my therapist has a Ph.D and she had to administer therapy to people more troubled than you - and she had to do it on video. Contrary to popular belief, psychologists (and others who provide therapy, such as LCSWs) are trained to handle what you have.

Don't ever, ever be afraid to bring up what's bothering you. I'm very glad to hear that you're talking about it, that's a big step. You're doing well user, just remember what I'm telling you.

yeah i've been in therapy most of my life so i dont really feel like i have anything to hide from them most of them time. Im not sure if many of my therapists have been full doctors but i know that a couple of my psychologists have for sure. Honestly now that i think about it they did seem to help quite a bit more. i might look in to finding another