/classical/

MAGA edition. Post your favorite American composers, performers, conductors, and orchestras.
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTByhVtP-rY
youtube.com/watch?v=XiZd8okx5t8
youtube.com/watch?v=RYcpelGefAY
youtube.com/watch?v=MbAat8yhio4
youtube.com/watch?v=AlUHKHLk_VU
youtu.be/c3pxeSq06Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=yTIrTFNpE1U
youtube.com/watch?v=UD5Mua8R3U8
youtube.com/watch?v=eyQjmlIKXiI
youtube.com/watch?v=hiVhawRakww
youtube.com/watch?v=j1rCDLGcVhs
youtube.com/watch?v=1GsugKHLEzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yLGeJ9mrNfU
youtube.com/watch?v=PetwDNP_RX4
pianopractice.org/book.pdf
imslp.org/wiki/Introduction_to_the_Art_of_Playing_the_Pianoforte,_Op.42_(Clementi,_Muzio)
imslp.org/wiki/The_Virtuoso_Pianist_(Hanon,_Charles-Louis)
imslp.org/wiki/Master_School_of_Piano_Playing_and_Virtuosity_(Jonás,_Alberto)
archive.org/details/bub_gb_MBQQAAAAYAAJ
youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brian Wilson is best American composer as he's much better than the pseudo-intellectual crap usually posted here.

Anyone who uses 'pseudo-intellectual' is a bigger pseud than whatever they are trying to critique.

Carter's songs are underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=UTByhVtP-rY
youtube.com/watch?v=XiZd8okx5t8
youtube.com/watch?v=RYcpelGefAY

youtube.com/watch?v=MbAat8yhio4
youtube.com/watch?v=AlUHKHLk_VU

Nothing beats Ives

Is it allowed to start playing an instrument when you're like 30 years old? I am currently 18 and I've played violin and piano for 8 years, and now I'm gonna drop them for trombone. However, I really, REALLY want to double with the oboe but with my current budget and time I can only afford playing the trombone. Is the oboe one of those instruments that you have to start early on? To be frank I prefer the oboe over the trombone but I have a crush on the trombone teacher at the local music school so I decided on that instead.

If you're already a trained musician and you put the time and effort into another, I see no issues. There are a few virutosi who mastered two or three, sometimes even 4 instruments. It's all a matter of mind and, of course, time.

Good 20th century's composers: Ives, Prokofiev.

How similar are woodwind and brass to each other? I hope that by learning the trombone I'll get used to using embouchure to create sound. And virutosi who mastered organ, piano, violin and viola don't count

youtu.be/c3pxeSq06Hg

Bloch is good

+Carl Orff

They are not similar at all. I mean if you get good at using your air then that would carry across all Wind instruments, but each embouchure is incredibly different. I play bassoon and can dick around on saxophone and trombone but I can't even get a sound out of a clarinet. I'm sure you could learn, but it would be it's own endeavor, learning trombone would not lend to learning oboe very much at all

Trying out different instruments sounds really fun. I haven't even touched another instrument other than like a minute on a friend's cello after I picked up violin and piano. Always wanted to try out the other instruments for fun.

Hi. Is it i just me or does marching through georgia sound similar to the Kaiser Wilhelm Siegesmarsch? These two are my absolute favorite marching songs.

Kaiser Wilhelm Siegesmarsch
youtube.com/watch?v=yTIrTFNpE1U
Marching through georgia.
youtube.com/watch?v=UD5Mua8R3U8

cute waltz

youtube.com/watch?v=eyQjmlIKXiI

How do you get people into classical music? I have a 13 year old brother who I'll be meeting for the first time in a couple of weeks and I want to introduce him to classical. I heard he plays the piano, but that is boring. How do I sense what kind of instrument fits him well? I have no idea about his personality, other than
1. he plays ice hockey
2. he is 13 years old
don't want to force him to, just recommend to him

woodwinds are more zoozy, brasses are more tooty

Is the toot button on a car a brass instrument?

woodwinds are more hhhhhffffttttt and brasses are more ptbhptbhptbhptbht

American Composer.

get your literally who out of my classical thread

no, but there's a likelihood between them

Do you mean similarity?

youtube.com/watch?v=hiVhawRakww

you have to go back

Is it autistic to name your intsruments? My violin is named Fiola and my trombone is named Trym (which means "noise" in Norse)

All of the Stradivarius violins have names and those old junkers are loved by turbo autists.

Are you honeslty implying theres no such thing as pseudo intellectuals?

libtards can't into classical

I never could. Not only did it seem a little weird to me, but I could never find a name that made sense or fit how I see my instrument; much like how I hate when people try tie a piece of music to story (unless of course its programatic) - the music is its own entity and attaching it to something as banal as words just weighs it down and holds it back. So maybe the answer is not naming your instrument is autistic

shut up you triggered clintonista

Ancient people gave names to all things around them, and even talked to them

>LOOK AT ME I LIKE CLASSICAL AND IM ON THE RIGHT
Virgins: the thread

Were ancient people autistic? I guess not having anything to do would make anybody mentally ill and make them start making up imaginary friends

No, it's simply an old-fashioned way of saying "similarity"

It's a joke to make the OP purposefully bad after that Beyonce edition that triggered so many people
I think

KYS commie scum
Don't you have some Nazis to punch?

No, they were exactly the opposite of the modern civilization's autism and understood the true value of feelings.

youtube.com/watch?v=j1rCDLGcVhs

In the end we're all just objects with names...

>anyone who doesn't like nazis is 'commie'
In an actual world outside the Internet, no one likes the nazis. Go for a walk every now and then.

i'm not a commie you autistic virgin faggot i'd punch you tho

How do I teach myself piano?

>projecting Hillary virgin mad his shero lost

Teach yourself a cool instrument like oboe instead
And get a private teacher to help you self-learn :)

fuck off antifa shills

oboe is communist
just get a teacher

get a teacher

thats why boboe is best instrument

>arr: Gaylord

nah don't support hilary. anybody who uses reaction pics is def a virgin tho.
yea everyone who hates you nerdy faggots is antifa, try voicing your opinion in public next time you go out.

I ran out of money, and had to stop taking lessons. That's why I want to continue learning on my own.

piano is fucking braindead
just practice sightreading and arpeggios and youre a pro, congrats!

I've heard Jeremy Denk is a great pianist. Anyone have his Ives disc? Any strong opinions on him?
You seem extra upset for no apparent reason. Have some music.
youtube.com/watch?v=1GsugKHLEzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yLGeJ9mrNfU
youtube.com/watch?v=PetwDNP_RX4

im a communist and i like classical music

pianopractice.org/book.pdf
>fundamentals of piano practice
imslp.org/wiki/Introduction_to_the_Art_of_Playing_the_Pianoforte,_Op.42_(Clementi,_Muzio)
imslp.org/wiki/The_Virtuoso_Pianist_(Hanon,_Charles-Louis)
imslp.org/wiki/Master_School_of_Piano_Playing_and_Virtuosity_(Jonás,_Alberto)
archive.org/details/bub_gb_MBQQAAAAYAAJ
>robert schumann, advice to young musicians

you have false consciousness ---> goolag

*thread blows up*

stay jealous oboefag

hi SDF

>wahhhhhhh i got insulted on Sup Forums
have you heard of reddit?

youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o

He's Easley the best microtonal composer

any instrument that can't produce chords is not worth learning

he was one of the hegelian transcendental master race

according to this logic
bagpipes>flute

Le veau d'or est toujours debout

ok

three instruments that don't produce chords can produce chords
got ya Einstein

Bagpipes have that hideous drone though

No, but making the accusation as an insult without substantiating it is just a pretentious way of calling someone a tard (and therefore is itself pseudointellectual)

>can't appreciate Piobaireachd
>doesn't know about multiphonics
step it up

Thanks for the links.

I miss that trap loving faggot. The only Marxist I've ever loved ;_;

what? he looked like a rather old-fashioned serious guy

Oh, thats not what you said orginally

>using "libtard"

Back to /pol kiddo.

Don’t get a teacher. Piano is piss easy so you’re only wasting your money if you’re an adult. Get a beginner’s book and read through it. Once you can play better than a noob you can get a teacher to learn interpretation or style.

He was dating a girl (male) last I heard.

>Being this easily triggered
Cute

I think microtonal music is very interesting, but I'd like to hear a composition that starts in a key and shifts one or more microtones at a time the way a piece would shift keys. So it would sound normal, it would just be the progressions that were different from standard music

tonal containment of microtonal chromaticism

Why would I be triggered I'm not a liberal.
Just second hand emberassment.

Fair enough mate, but that kind of shitposting is pretty generic, if you're getting second hand embarrassment from that, you must be red in the face all day on the website laddie

>both Mahler's and Strauss' last words were praise of Mozart
makes me think

Hmm... the two greatest romantics praising the greatest composer ever...

books are shit at teaching good technique

what did they say?

and what exactly did Mahler say?

I know Mahler is controversial here, but you guys do like Strauss right?

>He was dating a girl (male) last I heard.
I guess you've heard bullshit

yeah, his waltzes are unmatched

good horn concertos

absolutely disgusting

Check the archives for his last few posts if you're really interested.

Last words are such a crock of shit. Looked up Strauss and at least four different things are supposed to have been his last words. People superstitiously believe that someone on the verge of death has an intimate connection with the divine and therefore speaks some great truth. An of course if you are famous you have to leave the world with something immensely deep and insightful, no "aww shit that hurts, can someone help me up so I can piss."

when willpower is weak, clarity of mind can be relatively strong, decadents became addicted to that sick feel. in that mindset you forget pain.

Someone needs to get famous here and then die whilst saying "Petzold" as their last words. Then maybe he'll finally get the recognition he deserves...

what am I, a marketplace gossip lady?

This is your brain on Mozart underrating

Mahler's actual last words: "Mozart is underrated".

How do I understand classical music? I enjoy listening to it but the way people talk about it makes me think that I'm missing out on something.