>get called a poseur

I can't win.

Fuck

Say you know who he is but never got majorly into him

who?

>caring what others think
>get called an idiot
You win by enjoying the music pleur

Man this is so sad. Charles always had the best shows, loved everyone and even at 68 was busting moves. saw him a few times and was able to meet him.

If you haven't heard anything by him check him out. there is also a really good documentary about him getting his first record deal

youtube.com/watch?v=moiUyFQQE-0

My heart almost skipped a beat. I thought someone important died.

F

F

youtube.com/watch?v=yBdTVmSVq14

>all these edgelords in the thread
F

THEY DONT SEE ME TRY

Aw man, this dude was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=IaA0fTbY3e4

F

>Charles Bradley is an American funk/soul/R&B singer
Since when does Sup Forums listen to funk/soul/R&B?

Rest in peace to the Screamin Eagle of Soul

rip charlie murphy :(

RIP potential kanye feature

F

kek

Oh no! Wasn't he homeless for the longest time and then managed to get out once someone noticed him and his talent?

The World Is Going Up In Flames is a fantastic song

Yeah, there is a great documentary about him
imdb.com/title/tt2125467/

see you on the other side brother.

lw?

Changes was a great album and I really loved it, can't believe he passed away. RIP, nobody but you.

F

Man, this guy helped me a lot with his music on the past years.

I feel you dude. i lost my brother a few years ago and his song heartaches and pain still makes me cry. Lost a great man today

youtube.com/watch?v=7BEFY1SfQZI

I pity anyone who didn’t see him live while they had the chance.

His covers off changes and heart of gold are awesome. F
youtu.be/xi49yirJiEA
youtu.be/M48n14qBAgU

I regret it so much.

>tfw he cancelled his show in argentina last year
not that i really was into that but sucks
f

F

his shows were great tho. regardless of how passionate you were about his music, his passion and love for what he was doing was palpable. I saw him twice and both times people were crying at some point in the show

DAMN!
That sucks. I dug the soulfulness of his band. Reminds me of vintage 70s soul horn music. God damn

Sup Forums isn't one person. Most people here though are retarded and have god awful taste so..

i am glad/surprised to see how many people so far have heard of charles and appreciate his great, if not too short, career

That's the thing, I never heard about this guy until I saw him as one of the main acts along with Iggy Pop
Some stuff gets buried now

damn rip

literally who?

literally check out the links anons have posted and quit being ignorant your whole life

Go listen to changes and then talk you uncultured swine

That fucking sucks, I should've went to his concert when I had the opportunity, he's got some pretty good songs.

F

youtube.com/watch?v=gxFYkoAFZAY

Why is it so hard, bros?

sad day for music. His honest love and warmth would have been extended to even to the most autistic and screeching Sup Forumstant here. a great man

This is really sad. I remember reading about this guy when Changes came out and was really amazed by his story. It's too bad he had to leave so soon after finally getting his talent recognized. RIP

F

really wanted another album from him, damn

have no goddamn idea who this is

see
faggot

Rest in peace, screamin' eagle. God love and rest your soul. This hits me hard on a personal level

so he was a reincarnation of James Brown

he used to be a james brown impersonator. But his greatness wasn't in hiding that influence, but in his vocal talent and personal story that he used in his own music.

fucking hell this guy was great

GOAT among sheep

:(

King of Coachella 2015 Day 1. Sad times.

youtu.be/dZg2LpnyOC8

Remember watching this show, put all the indie whyte folk in their place.

His outfits were always sexy as fuck. If i were a 60 yo black nan, i would smash

Who dis?

youtu.be/upFISa4ZptA
>tfw you found out about him from american dad

Charles Bradley is such a great talent and I am so sad I never got to see him live.

These two songs right here are two of my favorite covers.

This song is probably my favorite song by him though. RIP Charles Bradley.

youtube.com/watch?v=UD1eaRDY-q4

why do all old black men have this expression

THIS GUY? NOOO NOT THIS GUY!!!!!
Why him why so soon why not me instead why why can life be so unknown yet still be so fixed why must we be here then gone why why does this happen to us

SHIT
Yeah i loved him.
RIP

cause they seent a lotta shit junior

Since 2006?

get into his stuff now and pretend you always liked it just like everyone else

You win by listening to him, regardless if its after he died. Any recognition this man gets is great

This dude took a 5 min intermission at a show and came back dressed like rick flair. Fucking incredible. RIP

What the Fuck, why did this have to happen

>no sticky for this legend that battles cancer twice

fuck 12

HAH I already had him in my library before he died, that makes me the victor!

This is good, sorry he had such a hard time.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
IT IS SO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

youtu.be/kpCRhVqF4vc

Watch this shit and I will send you 5 bucks if you don’t get feels

Patricians listen to everything. Expand your horizons, pleb.

>life is about winning
fuck you; life is about learning
if you don't know who he is, you can learn
which is the best thing

>Edgy faggot singer of shit band commits sudoku and gets a sticky
>Talented musician and singer dies of natural causes and doesn't get sticky

This board sucks.

>patricians are dilettantes

Not true.
Patricians APPRECIATE everything but only deeply explore their select styles, rather than being broad and watered down in their taste.

Stickies are for concentrating crossboarders rather than having them spread across an entire board making multiple threads when something big like that happens.
Everyone who knows Charles is already here.

Crossboarders are dilettantes.

>Patricians APPRECIATE everything but only deeply explore their select styles
Load of shit. True patricians appreciate and explore everything because that's what it means to love and spend time on music. People who can name 200 post-punk bands are not patricians.

>I can't get into all these genres, that means no one can

That's because post-punk is incredibly limited in it quality, all of rock music actually

See, a statement like that automatically disqualifies you from patricianhood. Disregarding an entire genre, especially one as wide and diverse as rock is definitively plebeian. Keep lurking though, you'll get there.

>tfw I like soul music but hadn't heard of this guy because he didn't record in the 60's/70's

Better late then never

He basically sounds straight out of that era. Check him out

When did I disregard it
I said it's limited in quality, not that there are no outstanding rock albums.
There's hundreds, but that's nothing when considering how vast the genre is.

You can make such a tepid criticism of literally every genre ever. One day you'll understand being a patrician doesn't mean shitting on music or dividing into camps of good or bad, that is low level thinking reserved for plebs. Patricians love music intensely and want as much music they might like as possible. People on Sup Forums have tricked themselves into thinking being a patrician means shitting on music they don't like, and segregating themselves in their favorite genres. It's in fact the opposite.

youtube.com/watch?v=_9nqy67cyAI

this is one of the best live performances he has given

I tend not to bother with revival scenes because it tends to feel so self-aware, if that makes any sense. But I might look at him.

It's not a revival, the dude was 68. He lived through that era and brought it with him. Most people would just be concerned about the music going into their ears, rather than the image they have in their mind.

I said nowhere you cannot enjoy and love music outside of your preferences, some of my favourite albums are nowhere near jazz or electronic.
It's natural to harbour preferences, the notion that you should consume as much music as possible from everywhere is ridiculous, it leads to producing nothing.
There's not enough time in a lifetime to do so and in the end you're a homogenized mishmash of ideas with nothing in particular to say about anything.

>There's not enough time in a lifetime to do so and in the end you're a homogenized mishmash of ideas with nothing in particular to say about anything.
Just because you're incapable of discussing several different genres in depth doesn't mean patricians aren't.

It's not being incapable, it's not being interested in doing so.
It's like studying world history and never finding a period you're interested in, you'd have a few things to discuss about a lot and never be able to have endless deep discussion about something in particular.

IVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAITHFUL MAN! TILL YOU! CAME A LONG