What's Sup Forums studying?

What's Sup Forums studying?
And is there any merit to this?

>In med school.
I personally agree with the image. But due to the subjective nature of the chart many others won't.

Going for nanotechnology
What would that put me in
>God tier?

>nursing school

Stupid retarded chart. The trades is god tier. You retards think just studying mathematics is god tier you really all are fucking autists

>anything else not listed
shit tier m8

>agree
Astronomy before computer science and IT. Haha

Stats should be put in God tier and maybe cs should be bumped up one, but yeah it's pretty good.

>nothing because the higher education system in this country is a fucking scam, unless you're going into STEM you will never fucking use your degree for anything

Practical experience is all anyone looks for and will actually make you a worthwhile human being, unlike a pile of theoretical knowledge.

While you're hiring some degenerate porch monkey to botch your piping and fuck up your wiring, to turn your car into a lemon and "fix" your boiler, I will save more money than you earn, using my superior skillset.

And when the apocalypse comes, people like you will be hunted down and subjugated by people like me.

Why is Psych a meme degree?
I feel like it'd be more useful considering it's how everyone works.

People don't typically study trades in uni. And mathematics is great you trog.

crine

bro, you must be retarded. I assume you're talking about the trades and if you want to go anywhere in them you need to do some schooling. NOBODY is going to hire some wikipedia certified electrician. I bet you're still sweeping shop floors

Here is some advice you may want, don't wait for an apocalypse. you will not like it if it truly fits the definition of "apocalypse".

I would also like to say you seem to have missed the point of this thread. these are subjects that you study to gain a working knowledge of the subject, then the said individual who studied in medical or law will be hired because their degree means a law firm or hospital will allow them to work there. in the current (american) system you must have studied something like neurosurgery to be allowed to practice it legally. although the system is not perfect we must abide by it if any of us want to get into a high tier job or have chance at changing the system.

Chart is a joke with astronomy and geology in the top tiers. Also, math doesn’t do much of anything for you without an advanced degree and the same is true of medicine and law. Also, computer science in tier 3? Whole chart is basically fucked and should be categorized by undergrad and graduate degrees as a starting point.

I'm think about going for physics, any anons in that field that have opinions about it?

mech. engineering here.

finals incoming.

probs shoud be studying instead of posting here

>shit tier: music
Are you a piece of shit or something?

Depends on what you specialize in i suppose

Irrespective of a few tweaks I would make, law being top tier would be the first mistake I would degrade.

It's probably so low for several reasons:
Market saturation; just by being a popular major lowers its value.
It has a reputation for being the major people choose to sound smart but who are afraid of statistics and math (there was an image floating around /sci/ or Sup Forums where, according to a study, something like 90% of psych grad students and educators were unable to properly define what a p-value is).
The very nature of the discipline itself is considered shoddy or pseudo scientific (not a lot of math or predictive power, especially when compared to the physical sciences and even biology).
Finally, and perhaps the most important, is that, despite the other STEM fields proving impervious to, the social sciences have been infiltrated by the academic left (think post modernism, critical theory, and other marxist faggotry in the humanities) and that has done a serious blow to it's credibility as a legitimate discipline to many.
But you have a point; it is not entirely useless. Paired with a minor in marketing or business and it can be a fairly useful degree. Or if you're more of the academic, focusing on more of the neuro side in things paired with biology, stats, or cs can make for a useful combination.

lol even going in to STEM is a scam you can learn everything you learn in the classroom on the internet take it from someone who went through STEM so you don't have to

so is this chart based off of how easy it is to succeed in the stated field once you have a degree, or off of the use of the subject itself? or maybe it is based on how hard it is to complete a degree in the given subject.

medical school crew checking in

>law
>top tier
Only if you're graduating from a t10. Thankfully had a professor talk me out of it.

Quick! Evaluate the definite integral of
ln(x+1)/(1+x^2) from x in [0, 1]

law top tier
any moron can do law

Chart is BS, I studied business and computer science and make more than any engineer out of school.

If you are going to base anything off that infographic then college won't help you. You will be another person with a degree needing help and hand holding with every new task once starting a job. Learning a good conspiracy theory would teach you better critical thinking without the massive loan required

i see someone's not good in maths>Ctl+c Ctl+v in wolrfram alpha
>???
>profit

You're going to learn how to use and analyze the results from the AFLP technique from your home?

>low tier
>business

Welp I guess I'll take that $120k recurring monthly revenue and shove it.

What autist made this?

shit tier major here (film)

making $80k at 26, no regrets

You're going to use Wolfram alpha on an exam? Didn't think so faggot.

Nobody knows except op. I assume it’s ranked based on pay and ease of finding a job, but to make any money in medicine, law, physics, etc. takes a lot more schooling than some of the other areas of study. The whole chart is whack.

Proof it it never happened

So computer science is above IT? It is IT. Next engineering isn't in the same level as any Dr at all. Hell I make more than many engineers do and I a stupid ass. Your chart is fucked

This. Dropped out of engineering to work a trade-type job, now clear 100k every year

English and history are useful if you want to teach in public school. Chemistry is only good if you continue into grad school. What chemistry job can one get without an MS at least. My friend has a chem degree from Unconn and works as a paralegal.

Statistics is useless.

The chart is not only about money lol

I became a civil engineer 8 months ago (I'm 24)

Yeah it is, do you think people go in to law for fun? lol

Go into the military, get a security clearance, go to school while on shore duty (get any bullshit degree you want), then apply for big government contractor.

I'm pretty sure the chart take into account community recognition (status), and other things

It’s a scam because once you learn anything Zhe zin ping and pajeet will too and work for 40k less.

>IT is low tier
I started out with nothing but an A+ certification and two years of experience and I was making thirty-one hundred a month.

only accounting for my main job; I've also done $5k worth of freelance this year.

Why the fuck is psychology low tier? Go for psychiatrist and go to the right state, you can make close to 250000/yr

Computer Science CAN be shit tier, depending on how far you take it. I studied CS, and make 132k per year, before bonuses and benefits. Also have 101k in saving from stocks. I'd hardly call that mid-tier.

Been in astrophysics all year. Just finished today.

You do realize that psychiatrist =/= psychologist right??
Psychiatrist = medicine

Psych is just discount neurology. Its a pseudo-science trying to claw an existence in the shadow of a real science

Biochemistry. Biochem is both a life science and a chemical science. Depends on what you do with it and what direction you go in, but for the most part it's a chemical science.

>I'd move med down and pharm and tox up to the top.
>Geology belongs at shit tier.

Kinesiology
>> mid tier
Come on.... How is it even...

>geology
>Top tier

Whatever you say rockboy

What trade?

>Statistics is useless

in my first year of med school. i think that business has a lot of range. populated by lots of retards but those at the top tend to be pretty smart

>And is there any merit to this?

As a tool for choosing a major goes it's shit.

Look more to expected earnings by major for a better understanding.

For instance, Economics is rated "Low Tier" there, but in terms of the 1% it's the #1 major.

Computer Science, a YUUUGE earner with guaranteed employment, is "Mid Tier".

Rubbish & rubbish.

I don't have advice on a major for young Sup Forumsros (other than no "Studies" shit), but will give you these few tips to follow regardless of major

> be top-notch in writing: so much of your success will come down to emails, memos, and reports -- including editing them -- that to ignore it will harm your career like nothing else

> be very good at manipulating data using Excel and databases. The ability to manipulate data to create forecasts and uncover problems will set you apart from the crowd.

> if you can't keyboard LEARN IT NOW!

> public speaking and presentation is as important to advancing your career as anything else

> be good with Microsoft Office apps: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Can confirm. Became a Certified Welding Inspector and make stupid money for the work I do.

computer science is the best

Engineer reporting

shit tier

>not knowing nanotech is overlap of chemistry and physics

Congrats user, when do you get your degree from Phoenix university in the mail?

geology over computer sciences

>k

cell bio and neuroscience

I'm going into Audio Music Production. I think that's actually a good field because it focuses more on just sound design. I think the "music" in shit tier really refers to performance, composition, or teaching which are all very low paying.

Organic chemistry student here. That chart knows it shit tbh. Although any idiot can make good money nowadays as long as they have basic math skills and don't mind labour. Mates a welder, is dumb af but makes fantastic money. So I wouldn't really care all that much if you're not on the list... Unless you fall under the social studies umbrella. In which case you're a waste of air.

you are getting a degree in organic chem?

>Politics, history and philosophy shit tier

what is transferable skills

no you don't lol

Law and it should be God Tier, pleb who made this probably got denied tier one and has a grudge.

ouch right? lol

isnt computer science a bubble waiting to explode

history

Robotics, so I guess that counts as engineering lul.

Maybe for finding an easy job, but not money wise. It's not a very specialized field, so although it's growing, it probably won't pay much more than it does now

Doing a bachelors in chemistry but my electives are all aimed for organic chem. Drugs are cool fam.

jesus...do you have any tips on getting an A in orgo?

What the fuck made you pick orgo as a MAJOR?

Quick! Will a tertiary alkyl halide undergo an sn2 reaction? Why or why not?

sn1 twat

Pre-Law working on history/philosophy bachelors. Thinking of transferring to UC Boulder or Oregon state

applied mathematics/ premed here. Move math to top tier and biochem to god tier. idk how yall are so good at biochem. this shit is hard

My nigga, which school do you go to? I'm 3rd year in rotations right now.

Wildlife conservation

quads has spoken

Have you touched screw theory yet? Do you know who this man is?

that chart is fucking idiotic

That's not what I asked fag

Fire Science

hi there
why do so many people,like me,like to accumulate plenty of reading material,e,g, books, papers, but end up not reading at all?
see ya

Medicine, interviewing for residencies at the moment.

I am an anesthesiologist. I got my major in biochemistry

>geology

>top-tier

Is that a subdiscipline of safety? What school?

>Political Science
>Shit Tier

Nigga my sister works for the army and earns like 4k per month, other faggots I know that work for the gov. earn 16k per month, and they all studied PolSci.
Even I've been offered the job of adviser to a low-tier politican with 3k per month, and that would've my first job.

unblocking sewers

PhD in CS here. Making $220k/year working for big-N