Hey Sup Forums. is a 60k salary good for a 25 yr old?

Hey Sup Forums. is a 60k salary good for a 25 yr old?

I mean it depends where you're from and what field you're working in, but for the most part thats below average, at least in my experience. Do you work in some form of social science type of field? Manual labor?

is your experience what you've read online rather than from actually working? or do you live in seattle?

In general, yes. Most people don't make over 40k

A 40 hour a week salary at 60k a year is roughly 30 dollars an hour. You're a fucking idiot.

Yeah, sure, what this guy said.

For that matter social science jobs are lucky to make 35k a year

Im actually a teacher. I work 182 days a year in total. however, i dont know if what im making is a good amount or not. a few of my friends are making over 100k in other fields and i feel like im just sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

Depends on where you live. 60k is nothing in NYC.

You're a fucking terrible teacher since you needed to make this thread.

This is good for a teacher unless you live in commiefornia, NYC, or DC. I'm a teacher in Texas, make 55k, bout to buy a C Class.

That's good for a teacher. I know some that make about half that. You're making pretty close to your 100k friends per hour and they probably work more hours a week than you too.

Yes, I wish I was making that much.

I'm 25 with an irrelevant undergrad still as at myself for not picking a better major. I had no guidance and had no idea what we're good fields in terms of making money.

Ah yes a shitty and cheap Mercedes

$60K a year is great. I'd take that.

depends on how many people you have to support and location

places like NYC and California thats like chump change

but for yourself in most places thats really good i think

Kentucky? Virtual millionaire. California? Virtually homeless.

yip yip. im making 62 a year outta college, and they are paying for my masters. also 25 yr old. whether that is good or not depends on your location

Depends totally on location ... I'm at 64k at 23 and it's around average

Dude its not bad. My moms a teacher and after 15 years she makes around 85k. (working part time for first 8). Ur 25 and make 60k, thats pretty good. Im 22 and make 27.3k gross a year. Guess it comes down to how much you need to be happy. Maybe invest and try to upgrade ur degree. Upgrades will bumb u up like 5k. Also ull get more the longer ur a teacher with seniority and stuff. Plus pension depending on where u live. All in all i would say B+ job quality for Monetary value

You do realize you’re asking Sup Forums which is solely compromised of unemployed, 30-40 year old neck beards living with their parents still. 60k/year is a solid and modest salary. I’d consider it a great start considering your age. Don’t believe people on this thread claiming to make six figures. Most do not reach that salary until after working many years and climbing up in a company. You don’t start out making that kind of money right out of college, not even doctors/aka residents.

I'm not here to have an argument about cars. You don't like it. That's great
You do you. I'm buying it used b/c you'd be retarded to buy one new. And I'm generally a new car buyer.

Depends on where you live. Assuming you're in America? It's decent for anywhere that isn't New York or Cali. You can enjoy a comfortable middle class life.

What is your career?

>I had no guidance and had no idea what we're good fields in terms of making money.

someone too stupid to do a basic internet search on the most sought after degrees is someone too stupid to have completed one anyways, so don't beat yourself up too much.

Depends on the district I guess. My neighbor taught auto shop at public high school in a rich bay area suburb and cleared 100k a year. I know for certain because you can check gov employees salaries online.

I live in Seattle and make 50k a year. It buys me just enough to survive in a small studio and allows me to eat once a day, after taxes.

Not as good as a 80K pension for a 55 year old.

doing what

Depends where you live. Midwest? Decent. Upper Northeast or California ? No