I'm about to cook a chicken. Any pointers?

I'm about to cook a chicken. Any pointers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbJ9g-GPS6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hR6agVkRRUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy a smoker.

Stick your dick in it

Don't fuck it first.

marinate the FUCK out of it, at least 4 hours if you're cooking it whole

Unwrap it

Use heat.

does portuguese really sound like russian?

Slow and low, that is the tempo.

boil it first, then cook it however you want. you get a bunch of stock to use for something else, and the chicken will turn out moist and evenly cooked regardless if you fry or bake it.

wrong

Make sure to cook it medium rare for maximum flavor

Bboys

have sex with it first.

you dont need to marinate it that long plus you can just rub it in spices and stick some herbs and orange slices and lemons if your cooking it whole. thats what i do with a turkey then put it on a grill and let it cook n smoke for an hour then take it out and put it in a foil pan and let it cook another hour in the oven, i make a mean ass cajun turkey

Pull out giblets, rinse it off, dry w paper towels, melt some butter and mix with herbs and seasonings and rub all over getting under skin, tie up both ends, and put in a roasting pan in 375 degree oven until middle of thigh is 165, or a little over an hour.

First put it out of its misery and remove it from the twelfth plane of eternal suffering. Then remove it from the wrapper.

chef here..
For home cooked roast chicken i always take out the backbone and butterfly the chicken to ensure even cooking, cook it on a rack with sliced lemon and crushed garlic cloves underneath it, then rub the chicken top and bottom with olive oil, salt and pepper. Being butterflied it only needs 45-55min in a medium oven, then turn it off and let it cool a little before you chop it up into portions.

For a simple quick gravy, save all the juices that came from the chicken while cooking and chopping, put them in a small sauce pan and bring up to a simmer with a little bit of added chicken stock solution, add with a corn flour slurry or gravy powder to the simmering stock/juices, stir out any lumps and serve.

Grant the chicken sentience. Teach it you're better than it is. Bake at 450F for 3 hours, rotating every 30 minutes. Aim away from face.

>corn starch slurry
ftfy

if I'd have known it was that kind of party I'd have stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes

Eat it like a real men - medium rare.

Add bacon and seasoning.

Microwave it, don't unwrap it first, the wrap helps to keep the heat in and cook it faster. About 15 minutes per pound of chicken weight, on high power

thanks user, here in oz we use both terms

Rinse it off, pat it dry, rub it w olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Put some coarsely chopped shallots and rosemary in the cavity. Truss the legs and put it on a rack in a roasting pan. Figure about an hour at 400F, check for breast temp of 160F. Voila. A roast chicken. Very tasty.

Do it medium well fpr best taste

160 degrees internal temperature minimum.

That's a pretty good price for a 70805
Regularly they retail at 1.89/lb

>Rinse it off
Literally the only thing you achieve by rinsing chicken is spreading the salmonella or whatever other bacteria is on the meat into the skink and the counter.

Cooking kills germs. Washing meat spreads them.

Put it in the freezer before you cook it, take out of freezer and eat.

Medium rare is the only way to go with poultry user.

Pluck the feathers first, it tastes much better.

>Cooking kills germs. Washing meat spreads them.

for chicken i agree, but with large cuts of beef or pork it's good to rinse the prepacked junk off before seasoning and cooking, but yeah, anyone that washes a chicken before cooking is retarded.

BBoys again lol

Most important, have a meat temp checker. Do not rely on the shitty plastic insert. You don't want that popping as the deep breast and tenderloin are uncooked. Follow directions for cooking temp\time.

Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder all over the skin(and inside just because), light sprinkling to give it some flavor as it cooks. Enjoy some delicious ass skin afterwards.

Place open, washed, beer can in center of chicken. Stand it on its ass and leave as much beer can out of the chicken as you can for maximum permeation inside.

Nigger comic Mantan Moreland, you scrub.
youtube.com/watch?v=sbJ9g-GPS6Y

It really depends on how much you want a nice meal for what kind of preparation you should do OP.

Personally I think you should take the chicken out of that shit and wash it with cold water. You can make a brine/marinade if you have a freezer ziplock or brining bag. A brine is pretty easy to make, it usually consists of salt, sugar, and assorted spices (if you are lazy use poultry spice blends which you can google or pick up at the store). If you brine/marinate it for a day let it sit in the fridge in the roasting pan overnight or during the day to let the skin dry out. If you can cut up 2 celery stalks / 2 carrots / 3 cloves garlic / 1-2 onions/ thyme and line the bottom of your roasting pan and set the chicken on it. If you want to be get a nice crisp skin on a roast chicken you can rub it with olive oil mixed with poultry spices or you can combine rosemary and sage finely chopped with melted butter and coat the inside and outside of the chicken. That can be simply on the outside or also under the skin which ensures a much more flavorful bird and better crisped skin.

It should also be common knowledge of course that you will use salt and pepper as needed for taste. And it's pretty easy to make gravy using the liquid in the pan after you roast the chicken. I usually just take the fats and combine it with flour to the consistency of coarse sand and then add stock until it reaches the consistency I want for pouring.

One of my roasters

Washed well and dried than doused in vinegar and dried again

35 dollar water smoker from walmart, best chicken iv'e ever had!

Time to season that shit. Get some salt\pepper on\in it. Try some olive oil like suggested

what a slutty chicken

Begin with an over night brine. At the very least, 4 hours.

Roasting chicken at 450f for 30 minutes will give it a nice and crispy outside. Reduce temperature to 375f and keep an eye on the internal temperature of the bird. Check it after about an hour. If the breast is 170f, the bird is cooked. Also, check the thighs. They should be around 185f.

Basic seasoning like salt and pepper will work fine if you can't brine. Just be sure to coat the entire outside of the bird.

DO NOT BASTE! This is useless and wastes oven heat. Less heat = more time = drier bird.

>tfw the chicken gives you that come-hither look

If you want aids. It should be 170

I think it ded OP....

I'm sorry...

big difference between the breast and the leg user, both should be fully cooked at the same time with a temp in the breast of 160 and the leg 170.

Alright, I rubbed it in olive oil and covered it and salt and pepper and put some slabs of butter in the cavity and up underneath the skin along with salt and freshly ground black pepper. And I crushed some garlic cloves and put them up underneath the skin and on top of the chicken in some areas . Then I sprinkled a little bit of ground clove on it along with some cayenne pepper. I'm about to stick it in the oven for about an hour and some change. Wish me luck

did u just put cottage cheese and yogurt in it you daft cunt?

Needs more zinc and peanut butter

Literally roasted a chicken for dinner tonight like 2 hours ago.

Dry the skin with a paper towel. Sprinkle on salt. Back in the fridge for about an hour. Then pepper and a little bit of olive oil. 425 for about 1 hour, but use an instant-read thermometer if you've got it (you want 165 F).

Crispy skin, and tons of good juices in the roasting pan to make gravy with. Easy. Every adult should be able to roast a chicken well.

don't forget the zinc, often times amateur chefs will fuck that up.

biotin makes a better roast chicken, you ignorant slut

Do the temperatures listed by this other user.
It should turn out pretty good. If it starts to brown too fast tent it loosely with foil for the rest of the cooking time after it achieves the level of browning you want.

you need an infa-red cooker, pop 'er in, walk away for a few hours, boom fried turkey without the oil

beer can that shit, nigger

Chicken's pretty straight forward. I've read that you're not supposed to wash them, because it just spreads salmonella all over your sink, but I find that if it's not washed then the gross slime that clings to it fucks up the taste. Just thoroughly wash your sink and the area around it afterwards.

After that, you can either break it down into pieces (breast, wings, thighs, drumsticks), or cook it whole.

Generally when I make a chicken, I bake it whole in a lasagna pan, lying down breast up. I throw in 6 or 7 halved potatoes and one or two cloves of garlic. As the chicken cooks, its fat liquefies and is absorbed by the potatoes. If you wanna add some flavor, rub the skin with some rosemary, salt (if you let it absorb a bit, the skin will be crispier when its finished), and pepper, and mix the giblets in with the potatoes. It's pretty much as simple as throwing it all in the pan and then just baking the shit out of it for like 40 minutes, though. When it's done, assuming you haven't had the heat set too high or too low, you wind up with like 10 pounds of food from almost no effort, and the meat is juicy and tender and flavorful from laying in its own liquefied fat. Breast might be a little dry, but gravy is as easy as flour, butter, and stock in a pan, or you can just buy a jar of it.

Or hot sauce. I'm partial to Frank's.

You can use yogurt to marinade. I'm not sure what would happen if you just put some inside. I generally see it used to make the skin crispy.

looks good. cook for 10 minutes at 250 degrees and tuck in

... 10 minutes?

you want the chicken al dente or it gets too dry
t. pro chicken chef

Don't mind if it's pink inside. It's like steak.

you get many sick people

Get whatever spices you like and marinate the chicken for a few hours. The longer the better. If you're marinating it for over an hour keep it refrigerated.

>garlic, onion, paprika, SALT and pepper

those are necessary imo then add whatever else you want with those above.

Cook it in the oven at 375 Fahrenheit. Depending on how heavy is how long you cook it so check that online or just keep an eye on it. Meat should be white and if you have a probe or meat thermometer it should be 165 degrees fahrenheit at it THICKEST part and it'll be fully cooked.

there have been many sick customers at our restaurant, but its fall, the season of colds and flu, so that is the most likely explanation, not our food

>hurr durr what is chicken sashimi

I'm a NYC chef and people come from all over to eat this. A video of our restaurant went viral about it too

why dont you break it down into the main groups and pan fry than finish in oven. Crispy outside cooked inside. Like how they do it at Costco.

Or babish. Pleb.

babish??

youtube.com/watch?v=hR6agVkRRUo

This literally came out today. I assume it's the only reason half the people in this thread have any advice at all.

Fucked up that you are tricking stupid people into paying you for salmonella

fucking bait.

It's a dead bird
throw that carcass away user

Put in oven, turn oven on

oh no. i work at costco. I usually buy them already cooked, but i see what you mean.
This guy seems pretty dope though.

Make sure to fuck it first

>Any pointers?

Wrong place to ask. Go to YouTube and search "How to cook a whole chicken." Find a plethora of videos by professional chefs providing tips as opposed to asking Sup Forums, which is mostly underage kids that have only cooked chicken flavored ramen in the microwave.

/thread

/thread

I'll share some advice that old mama user used to always tell me "honey there are only two rules to cooking always add garlic and you can never have too much garlic.

Oh you've never had fried chicken before... you poor man.

Rub the bird in olive oils and dust with herbs roast at 425 for 10 min then lower temp to 350 and cook to temp. Put veggies n shit in the bottom of the land and season, oil them and cook with the bird on top. Don't use too much oil and don't over cook it. Use a thermometer at the thickesty part of the brest and pull bird out at 160

About to go another 20 minutes then I'm pulling it and letting it rest for about 30 minutes

its doesnt need to rest its fucking dead

I'd just stuck in the digital thermometer and it only came up to 160 and the thickest part

We got a funny bones over here

Oh boy that's going to make some nice gravy all those juices

Juices run red keep cooking. You can trust beef but poultry and pork, no. Red around the bone and it's no good. Keep cooking.

That's a fully cooked temperature correct?

The juices run if you cut it as soon as you take it out of the oven. I'm about to wrap it in tin foil and put a towel around it and let it sit for about an hour so the juice is spread out and everything is Juicy as fuc

Dat juice.....

Looks good to me. Let it rest and separate the drippins and reserve for later use. Or make a gravy. Super simple but does a lot.

I'm definitely making some gravy. Just a little flower and a shitload of stirring

>water smoker
You mean steamer?

Now she rests..

And the gravy is perfect

You don't want you meat to rest like that. Its still cookingh. Resting is do e just sitting out for about 5 min to alow it to cool and the juices to settle down. With out resting yuou will lose all the juices but wrapping it up defeats the point. You will also nakwe thee skin moist and less crispy due to the evaporation in a now moist environment.

Jet fuel can't caramelize steel beams.

Holy fuck that's a good bird.... and the gravy is incredible

Oh boy that was delectable I can't tell you