Anyone here ever lived out of there car?

Anyone here ever lived out of there car?

How'd ya find it, got any tips for me?

I'm thinking about living out of my car for awhile until I sort something out, gotta get away from my fucked up parents, but not financially independent from them however I do have a car.
Also have crippling mental illness but I think I'll be better off in my car than at home

plz advice me Sup Forumsros

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/kenofseattle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where are you located? Do you need a place to stay? What is your diagnosis?

This

Not too bad. Get ya some blankets and sleep in Walmart parking lots. Only if need be, that is

Laundromats and truck stop showers are your best friends. Also, buy a can opener and keep trash bags in your car.

And some booze too, that'll help

avoid parking lots that will tell you to leave

I lived out of a ford focus wagon. It was alright. Keep two blankets in there. It can get so fucking cold.
Maintain your hygiene. Toothpaste doesnt need water, brush, spit.
Also buy a propane stove for camping and a small pan. DO NOT COOK IN THE CAR. But you can cook beside the car or under an overhang at a park. It really helps save money. Buy canned food, veggies, and long lasting carbs like pastas and noodles.
Carry a knife, I was glad I did.

Living in a vehicle isnt bad. Be smart where you bunk down. So many people say it sucks but honestly man, it's better than living with cunts.

>crippling mental illness
I doubt that, just speaking statistically. Don't be brainwashed into thinking that by society/media/establishment. The thought alone makes you weak, makes you a victim. Don't be a victim. Grab life by the balls.

>there
their

>"be an alpha tough guy like me and be tough"
>Posts useless advice on Sup Forums

OK buddy. : - )

thanks guys. I'm in NZ so not nearby probably. My mental illness is like PTSD, BPD, OCD, depression, just labels, just basically I'm pretty fucked up and unable to do much. Just currently living in a situation where it's prob only gonna get worse. anyways good idea, we have stores like walmart here I could probably park

Travel m8. Use this trying time to see the world

>How'd ya find it, got any tips for me?
Look in the last place you remember parking it?

That's the spirit, chief

I dunno what they're called in other countries but in the UK we have motorway (freeway?) Service Stations. They charge you per night for sleeping in the car park, so you can't live there, but you can find a quiet place nearby and sleep, then go in early and use the bathrooms to wash.

Wake up early. Like before the world's day starts.

I spent the best years o me life in an old truck with a sleep sack in the back and no bullshit. Fuck all man, fuck all

I see a lot of people living in their car at the marina and beach. It works because there are public showers, toilets and even places to get water and dump your sewer. You just need to move around.

I plan to, soon as I have enough money, wasted enough of my life living in shit with assholes for no reason

Man you sound like me when I was young Chief..do it, and do it good boyo. It'll be worth all the hardship ya feel now

Pro tip: get a car cover. Cover the car walk off. Slip back in under cover of night. This allows you to keep the windows cracked without losing much heat and sleep completely incognito. If you live in a sunny area, always park under a shade tree adjusting for the shadows at dawn-noon. It's not bad. I did it for years. And don't forget a large piss jug.

/diy/ ask in the small questions thread they will be able to help if you can not be a fuckin idiot and do some research on your own to. I've slept in my car a couple times, it really sucks man.

Watch out for the shit hawks Ricky

Russian here.

I posess Audi A6 Allroad 2001, so rear seats can be folded into plain surface size a double-bed.
Used to travel this summer with my gf sleeping in this car both in major cities and on the wild lakeshores of Karelia (ex-Finland territories).
When in the city, just used to park near big malls: nobody gives a fuck and hardly can discover you are inside as far as you have your rear windows blacked out.
It gives you a nice romantic gipsy feeling as you do not need to pay for hotels and cango anytime/anywhere you want. Try it, mate.

PS: will post some pics later if I find

I lived out of a Ford Taurus Wagon, similar story throughout.
Living in the great white north I can attest to the cold, even traveled to Las Vegas and down to Yuma Arizona. Fucking freezing during the winter wherever you are
I would certainly be using more than just two blankets, I used 3 and a good sleeping bag. It got cold during the winter, but wasn't bad during fall/late spring.
As for cooking, I really didn't cook that much. Turned to a vegetarian diet with the odd canned meats on sale. Wouldn't know too much about cooking with a stove. I didn't have one. I was able to light a few fires in national campgrounds and such. You can find wood there and all you need is a lighter ($1) and a newspaper or flyer (you can get these from grocery stores for free) and then using kindling you can start a fire and cook. You obviously have access to the internet, go to McDonalds, and use the free wifi to watch survival vids.
I found that bread + Water + black pepper can help you out through a few days of 'not eating'

Certainly have a knife with you. Will be useful more often than you can think. Does not need to be expensive, I had one that was given to me as a gift (it was $50) but you could get away with a simple $15-25 as long as it does not break and is not something like a swiss army knife (although if you can get one of these too, please do)

Hygiene is probably the biggest challenge. Getting good water to wash your hands, drink, cook with, wash your hair and body.

A tip would be to get a #1 or #2 hair cut before you leave. It will help you maintain a look of professionalism.
Good for you, Best of luck

Just thinking, if options are slim, it is always the case in 1st world countries, try to look at the long game.
Do you want to stay in NZ or what is your goal?
If you can try getting to a place where you can find a job there or somewhere else. Get money and get out.

good luck user

Stalk cute Asian girls and lure them into your 4 wheel den of sex. Breed as many Asian qts as possible with no condom, enjoying a care free life of the best pussy that life has to offer.. Asian pussy. Feel the rush if knowing you can knock up as many cute fobby Asian girls as you want, while you Mr car sex den reeks if body oils and sweat.

I lived in my car for a while, doing just this. You want a tip for not getting pinched by the cops? Go to WalMart, spend a few bucks buying clothing that looks just like their uniform. Try your beast to be nicturnal, and sleep in your "fake WalMart" uniform. If you sleep during the day and the cops come and knock on your window, act like you overslept during a lunchbreak and you gotta get back in there. ops usually won't press the issue and just assume you're some WalMart employed shit-piece. I lived outta my car in a WalMart parking lot for a few weeks in '07. Worked like a charm.

I have, and I perfected the art of stealth camping in it.

STEP 1: Buy a cargo van. Cheapest is the Chevy Astro or Safari. If you have more money (about 8-15k, get a larger stepvan). Cargo vans can park anywhere and are invisible because people think it belongs to a tradesman. The Stepvan is supreme because of the extra space and headroom, but to get the basics taken care of, an Astro/Safari will work fine. I'm 6 ft 2 and I can stretch out just fine in the Chevy Astro. All you need is a foam pad and a sleeping bag, but of course you can build custom bunks or whatever if you have the loot and skills.

2. Install curtains or dark tint on all side windows and between the front seats and cargo area. This will keep prying eyes from peering in at you, and keep the sun from waking you up early.

3. Get a gym membership for showers and bathroom use.

4. Keep a pee jug on board (with a screw top cap!)

5. Forget refrigeration. Buy a cheap 20 dollar propane stove for boiling water so you can have hot drinks or soup/top ramen etc. (Ventilate so you don't die).

6. Don't park in the same spot more than 2 nights in a row.

There ya go. Good luck and enjoy saving your rent money for travel, bills, fuel, or weed/beer.

If you have any questions I'm monitoring the thread for a while. You can call me RoadGod.

I did live out of my car for 4 months addicted to coke and booze. It was during the winter and there was record snowfall and low temperatures. Bundle the fuck up, don't leave your car on too long, buy heat packets. Buy your food from a gas station (I found it easy to steal from these places too if needed.) Wal-Mart allows overnight parking so go there. I would on occasion go to public parks and start fires to cook simple shit like burgers or chicken if I could. Most importantly find a job full time asap and save 6 months rent. I was able to save that in about 4 months then ended up living with a family member for another 3 months after living in my car. Honestly I would not recommend living out of your car it's fucking lame and I hated myself.

Oh it was a Honda accord btw

It's a lot fucking colder than you think seriously bring more blankets than you think you'll need. Not sure of your laws where you are but if your drinking and sleeping in your car or sleeping in your car in general police can be bitches about it. What I used to do to disprove any "intent to drive" was once the car was unlocked i'd pop the bonet and leave the keys on the engine shut the bonet then lock myself into the car and sleep. Got into arguments with police a couple times about drunk driving, was using it to sleep
and I had proof with the keys being on the engine of course. Anyway, good luck I had a fun 2 months sort of but not really it sucks dick. lol

Literally saving to do this. Going from nc to San Diego

when my dad died he left me his Chevy pickup and i bought a $500 camper online and figured fuck it and lived out of it for a bit. actually pretty fun, bought a $100 generator at a pawn shop too for all the good stuff inside

only thing that sucked is its fucking cold in that thing at night even in the summer, otherwise its got propane stove, fridge flatscreen TV Playstation Stereo etc run off my generator, the works

when i used to party i slept in my car if i was drunk, that shits not comfy

What a fucking retard.
Yeah look at all the rent money I'm saving, all while looking like, smelling like, and being shit. Good luck having one or two outfits, get all that traveling with that rent money done so you can die from your heroin needles you fucking garbage shanty.

You'll love the experience. I lived in an Astro for 6 months (through winter) and yeah, it was fucked up and cramped, but at the end of the month my checking account balance was pure sex. Only reason I quit was because I moved in with my brother, but I still have the Astro van and use it for hiking, fishing, camping and moving etc.

Fucking yes! You know how to do this shit!

Fuck off, kid. I am not a druggie, and I have always had more than one job. I just didn't feel like signing a lease. I am clean, intelligent, weel dressed, polite, and tougher than fuck. Nobody would mess with me, but you sound like a weak ass conservative dickbag, so I recommend you stay square and rent.

Yeah I'm sure you're in the 5% of regular fucks with ptsd, you haven't even lived anything, what the fuck trauma could you have? Get a fucking life, if you died now, no one anywhere would care or remember

Someone's projecting a little too much. Just because someone sleeps in their car doesn't mean they can't keep up their hygeine.

Campers are great because of the onboard furnace, but they stick out like a sore thumb. I actually had a guy deliver a plate of turkey and trimmings to my door on Thanksgiving because I parked in the same spot a lot. He didn't ask me to leave or anything. He thanked me for being quiet and picking up litter (which I always did).

I told him I had more than 10k saved in the bank and was doing it for a break from life, but was ever so grateful for the dinner. :-)

its decent albeit i havent had a chance to use the truck in a couple years, the camper is a 1972 that the guy rebuilt with added insulation and fiberglass from the box of a old U-Haul van. best $500 i spent otherwise

also at least here in western Canada Wal-Marts are cool about letting you stay in their lots, the one by my house gets pissed off because some guys permanently live there but when i travel and stay for a few days i just give customer service my plate and ask if its coo, theyve never said no

I would bought that user a beer for doing that.

With enough blankets nothing it too cold really.

ive got no furnace lol, old owner said he kept the stove on low overnight and a window cracked open and ive got a electric plug-in heater but im not fucking dying in a fire

Can't just be any car. Get a used econoline van, fix it up a bit and wire it with a few outlets and a solar panel. Install some railing for a fold-out bed and a water tank.

Go back to your parents. I wish i did.

Your are right. I might go leave a Christmas card at his door this week and say thanks from the guy you shared your Thanksgiving dinner with about 4 years ago.

better dress warm, sleeping bag + extra blankets. opaque windshield/window covers and have some parking lots mapped out in the instance you get kicked out. an you WILL get kicked out

Shaddap dickhead. His advice was sound.

make sure you find somewhere that has a bathroom readily available. clean out glovebox/trunk etc because you WILL need storage. if you can swing getting a roof rack+travel box that'd help a shitton

My furnace was awesome. I'd hang out with friend in the evening on those 30 degree nights, then creep out to the camper at 10 or 11, slide inside, hit the furnace switch, and by the time I was ready for bed it was 72 inside.

Another tip from my grandma when she lived in a drafty old farmhouse. When it got to be time for bed, she'd boil a quarter inch of water in a fry pan, dump it out, then slide the hot pan between the sheets for a few seconds to cut the chill. Works great and you can even lay the hot pan on your pillow for a minute for extra luxury.

Try it sometime in your regular bed. It's nice. it can really save your ass on a cold night.

You just said "I'm tougher than fuck, nobody would mess with me" after thoroughly explaining how you live in a car. I have a lease, like a grownup, also a real job. You know, retirement, benefits, all that good stuff. I'd say "see you at the walk-in clinic" but I won't, I go to hospitals with my insurance. Have fun with that thing you call a life, polite tough guy

I'm sure the nice gentleman was blown away by your 10 grand. The fact you thought that was worth mentioning probably made him come back with a second turkey, huh?

I slept maybe 2 total weeks in my 05 civic this year. Would hunt deer every weekend and leave super late, sleep halfway there and finish the drive next day.

I'm 6'0 but would sleep like a fucking baby curled up in back seat facing the trunk with pillow and blanket.

Find a comfortable sleeping position.

Dude, I am a long distance hiker and rock climber. I have lived in tents for 25 years on the trail. I am not afraid to be outside and like I said, I am tougher than fucking fuck. I would throw most people around like ragdolls and that is no exaggeration. Sorry you can't be me. I am built for extremes, adventure and mountains.

I am also a luxury ship captain. Gull boat 100 ton license. Here's my online photo gallery you loudmouth sad ass dipshit.

I have lived a FAR more interesting life than you.

flickr.com/photos/kenofseattle

Lived in my car (sedan) for two years homeless. Depends on your car. Parking lots near big stores are cool ( I personally used a huge Target parking lot, fuckers even had their wifi on 24/7 and I could access it from the lot, watched a shit ton of stuff while there) and when they open you can use the restroom for hygiene. But yeah, piss jug is essential. If you are doing this long term, switch up parking spots every so often to not cause trouble. Avoid parking tickets. Make sure you READ ALL Parking signs and even take a picture of the sign in case someone tried to fuck you over and tow you if you're away from car.

Eat healthy. Carry lots of water. You can keep some things to eat in your car that won't spoil. ex. Peanut butter, jelly, bread, ramen, cereal, soy/almond/rice milk is good and won't go bad if you use it fast enough, protein bars, etc. But if you plan on COOKING outside then I highly recommend the Pocket Rocket (portable butane stove, super small but efficient). Make sure stuff to cook and eat with. Or a generator if you have the space and privacy.

If it is cold, don't waste gas by running heater all night. Get a thermo blanket, or a heat pad (you know the ones for muscle pain) and that will keep you warm.

Some DIY car washes have sinks that you can use for cleaning whatever.

Also, look for Trucker's pit stops and parks. There you can get a shower (if you don't like gyms), park safely, meet people, etc.

It sucks but I swear those were the moments of no responsibility. . Keep your phone charged always. Get some sanitizer gel too. Probably missing some things but Hope this helps been there Sup Forumsro. I have mental illness as well

Oh, and I'm a top rated downhill speedskater. 75 mph on longboards routinely. It hurts to be you.

Jesus dude, just hang yourself with your belt already, this is getting sad now. You're alone now, you're always going to be alone. You're so tough though, if only you could "toss around" your crippling loneliness, you know, since you can't do shit to me over the internet big strong boy

>be admittedly mentally ill
>think you are of sound mind to refute the life advice of someone who isn't mentally ill

Which is it, are you crazy or not? If you're mentally ill, you're too fucking crazy to trust that you're seeing things clearly which mean he's probably at least more correct than you are. If you're not mentally ill then he's still correct because it means you're a lying pussy playing victim. Which one is it?

The Ken saga is funnier tbh

If you think you can step into my shoes, you're stupid. I've driven Bill Gates, Pearl Jam, Jeff Bezos, and hundreds of other notable celebs and billionaires on 200-300 ft yachts. I hobnob with billionaires and have a reputation for excellence. I'm sitting on nearly half a mil in cash and another 80,000 in BTC.

What have you done with your life?

RoadGod (Kenofseattle)

I did in Florida, twice in my life.

I basically fished all day and slept on the beach. I was a student at the time so I just would bathe in the gym and brush my teeth there.

Nights are warm so i had to crack open the windows enough to let the condensation out but not too much to let mosquitos in. Seriously sleeping in cars are either too hot or too cold.

Cops will fuck with you, I just told them i was a student fishing for certain types of night fish and they respected it.

Get a stove pot and some type of fuel. I bought a "solo stove" with an alcohol burner so i could cook with pine cones or denatured alcohol.

It sucks, It fucking sucks. I went numb the first time and almost killed myself the second time. I really don't recommend it.

Story please OP?

Johnny Carson and I played video games and got drunk until 3 in the morning on his private yacht. Got anything comparable to share? I thought not.

I just came in here to help a dude stealth camp and I get a rasher of shit from someone who couldn't keep up with me on the best day of his life.

Welcome to Sup Forums everybody.

Ken

Ken, gotta be honest the more you post the more you're losing me, and I really wanted to give you the rose.

I stayed on Maui sleeping on the beach for 2 months. It was heaven, but I had to return to life, shave and be the awesome motherfucker I was destined to be.

Whatever you think you can do, or need to do, get started now. NOW NOW. Life will not wait for you.

Ken

definitely get some limo tint on your car if you have the funds. If front window tint is illegal, get like 50% (doesn't scream "ticket" but adds some privacy at night) and get those little suction cup screens to put on there.

I've had to sleep in my car from long road trips and I just prefer that kind of privacy. Again if you have funds available, might consider spending a week in an AirBnB here and there. They can be pretty cheap per night.

I moved to Seattle, and my life is fine now.

Ain't care. If you knew me, you would know I am friend to all. I'd give you the shirt off my back. I just lost a 23 yr old friend to heroin, so it's not my best week. Found him in his bedroom fully dressed, ice cold and deader than hell with a needle stuck in his arm.

Not a great week, but I'm buddhist, atheist, Democrat, and all the rest. You'd find me to be the most loyal, generous friend you've ever had. I never turn my back on a single living soul.

I hear that! Ain't it awesome here?

Buy a moviepass. You can basically live in the theater.

holy shit you sure got something to prove don't you

Anyone got tips for living off the grid?

Might make an off grid thread.

YouTube that. Thousands of videos on off-grid lifestyles.

I just take big, big bites out of life because I know how damn short it is.

you also take yourself way, way too seriously

Fuck yes I do. You ever park a 200 ft, 180 ton yacht worth 55 million?

no, but this one time i was a homeless junkie who gave up on himself. But i realized that life is about more than $$$ or material wealth. abstract as fuck

So what do you do for a living? What is the most amazing adventure you've ever had. I fail to see how sharing my life with all of you makes me a bad person. I'm a life coach. I don't let people sit on their ass doing nothing.

Become who you are. That's all you gotta do. Gravitate toward the thing that you most love to do and make it your career. And yes, you can make loot playing video games. Or breeding dogs. Fishing.

Just go out there and find a way to live doing what you love. I am never going to apologize for who I am or what I've done. This world is my playground and I will play until the day I die.

I see no problem with this. People make mistakes. If you're not fucking up you're not trying.

i am a resident supervisor at a rehabilitation center that saved my life, and i unirionically hope i can do the same for others. chekcm8

Where was that pic taken?There with the skateboard.

Well, hopefully it stays warm or you can't do it. Like up here in Canada, the cold makes it impossible. Gyms to shower library's to compute, walmart parking lots, build a shitter for your car. Black out the back and hang a sheet for privacy, get portable powerpacks and a coleman stove. Save your car work whenever possible.

That's incredible. Keep doing that. You're saving lives and healing people. Be tough with those people. Hold them accountable. Impress upon them the severe disappoinment you will feel if they relapse.

Karma will return your kindness ten thousand fold. I commend you, sir.

Ken

Maryhill Loops Road. I race there every year.

Nice pics of all the shit your dad or someone else owns. Die of carbon monoxide poisoning in the back of the van that your dad gave you, you fucking piece of shit

I did for abit. It's not bad depending where you live. If it's cold then bundle up and if it's warm it should be easy. Mcdonalds are good, at least where i live. They have free wifi and you can usually park close to them without a problem

Fuck off stupid ass. I can tell you're a dickbag Republican all the way from over here.

Fix that now.

>gotta get away from my fucked up parents

As much as I understand, I know from experience parents are trying to do the right thing. If they are truly hurting you physically/emotionally then try to get yourself out of the situation. If you are just some edgelord not wanting to listen to your parents, even though they provide you a safe and stable environment, you can fuck right off.

1. My Chevy Astro van
2. Suzuki Hayabusa
3. Boston Whaler Dauntless 30 ft
4. Dodge Truck
5. 2 snowmobiles
6. 2 dirtbikes

You were saying? I think you need to work on your own issues.

I would slap you across the fucking street if you opened your yapper at me like this in real life. Don't ever forget it, bitch.

lol wtf. You don't know shit about me. Fuck off

Did you just reply to a troll?
Kill yourself.

And you know enough about me to know I'd slap your teeth out of your face with one shot. You'd wake up in a dentist chair about 12 hours later. I've dealt with plenty of cunts just like you in my life. Bring it, motherfucker. You'll wish you were never born.

Thank you for the kind words and solid advice, honestly.

But you're kind of a douche otherwise