Why hasnt anyone hacked anything of Ajin Pai's yet? You would think the hordes would go after him

why hasnt anyone hacked anything of Ajin Pai's yet? You would think the hordes would go after him

he's doing the right thing

nu/b/ is full of weak manchildren

Because anyone with the mental capacity to do so realizes nothing will change once NN is gone.

All this fear-mongering over increased prices and censorship is outlandish.

if i have at&t they'll slow down netflix. ALL I DO IS NETFLIX (also /b at night)

no it's not. isp has been pulling shit WHEN we had NN. if it's gone, it's an all out money grab.

You're a fucking faggot if you don't think throttling competitors is a good thing

That violates the first amendment

Let us not forget the public owns the landlines that comcast, att and other telecom companies operate. This is oura to keep.

Why would they slow dowb Netflix? Did they pre-2015?

Think to yourself for a moment - why would a company who sells you a service slow down that service and make it unusable, with competitors like Comcast and TW?

They don't want to lose your business.

so often is it that you suck freshly circumcised israeli jew dick?

it didn't happen pre 15 cause the verizon+netflix wasn't a possibility.
at&t sells tv. netflix stops the need for tv
They want too much of my business

>competitors

Are they really competing when most people have the choice of a single ISP in their area?

It's already difficult for other companies to show up in this area, so if they all followed a trend, there's nothing stopping them since most people would rather fork over more money than have no internet.

OK ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU POORFAGS AND RETARDS DONT UNDERSTAND

NOBODY I REPEAT NOBODY AT ALL FOR ANY REASON CARES ABOUT NET NEUTRALITY BECAUSE WE PAY FOR PREMIUM INTERNET ANYWAYS FOR POORFAGS SORRY YOU HAVE TO START PAYING YOUR SHARE FOR *GOOD SITES* I APOLOGIZE THAT THE INTERNET ISNT LIKE FOODSTAMPS YOU NIGGERS

>PIC UNRELATED

>pic is apreciated
i live in kansas and even rich people have slow internet. Ik the ppl who sold a company called go-run for millions and they have 30mb/s download

>30mb/s
will still be the same after net neutrality

>most people would rather fork over more money

In that case, is the core problem the ISPs or society in general?

A lot of you are forgetting companies exist to make money. Comcast, TW, AT&T exist to make money. Of course they want more of your business.

Are you all the same people who whined about EA (another company) putting profits interest ahead of anything else?

Sigh they dont have competitors, regions are broke up into sections with 1 provider most of the time. I live in a suburb 15mins from downtown los angles and I have 1 provider I can use for cable and internet. And the point of slowing down a site such as netflix, is to make you pay a fee to enable full speed..... Stop being dense pls.

holy shit you're retarded. all of the cable companies are going for this. if it passes, they will all implement throttling and system packages. why? more money and the ability to destroy streaming services like netflix. have you never considered that companies like time Warner and Comcast realize that they are losing their cable tv entertainment business to Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc. because that is where the popular content is now? they are losing business on their own cable lines to third party companies. this is why they want to have more control. they want to be able to get back the money they are losing to the streaming companies that are running on their cable lines.

think for a second you fucking nigger.

>same after nn
30mb/s rn can be used for netflix. after nn, only 15mb/s can be used for netflix

are you retarded?

Can you name a single way that consumers will benefit at all from repealing Net Neutrality laws?

Resorting to name-calling because you don't quite understand?

:( At least after NN gets dropped, you won't afford to be able to get on Sup Forums and call me names again!

Trump supports him so a lot of the usual neckbeards who do these raids are nervous to do anything that might upset their memedaddy.

Consumers?

No, not at all.

Shareholders, bulge brackets, and execs? Certainly.

If you held considerable stake in one of these corporations, you wouldn't be whining. A lot of you don't realize you only have yourself to blame for being on the losing side.

The internet will be better and fake news sites like CNN and BBC will be censored/throttled.

jesus i would love to sell cars to you people who dont read the fine print if you get 30mbps and you are using netflix it will give netflix all 30mbps like i said for poorfags and wellfare free internet niggers if you have more people on your wifi yes MAYBE it wil give 15 mbps YOU ONLY NEED 5 MBPS FOR CRISP 1080 HD QUALITY

so like %1 of the population should be helped and the other 99 will be fucked... good reason to pass a law!!

i have a family. and im getting max 6 mp/s. 5 devices sharing that is already a tight squeeze. after nn im fucked

Again, we were talking hypothetically, following the trend of the above replies theorizing about price increases and censorship.

In reality, nothing will change so you have no reason to worry.

and at&t can restrain netflix to whatever they want after nn

If nothing will change for consumers, then why are big ISP companies lobbying so hard to get this shit repealed?

I do not live in muerica! Where I live, I can choose between 7 different ISPs in my neighbourhood, 5 of which have their own infrastructure and compete on who is going to give me the best service for a competitive price!

If their (ISPs) infrastructure is not fast/updated the government will chase them to sort it out or fine them!

I pay the equivalent of £35/month for 120 Mbps download 20 Mbps upload and I have never seen my connections throttled in the 3 years I am with the specific ISP!

You clearly do not understand how the internet works!

based anons

I'll laugh if this bastard gets DDOXed.

Sup Forumsruh u need to calm ur ass down with the policy debate talk with the correct grammar and shit

>in reality
tf does that even mean? its a change of regulation that currently prevents big brands from stopping me from watching youtube or netflix. take that away... its a slippery slope. (impact calc of struc violence uses timeframe and prob icyww)

Are you really this fucking stupid and misinformed or are you so weak that you'll support anything your daddy Trump does even though it hurts you?

I didn't vote Trump. Coincidentally, nothing Trump has done yet has even affected me to the point where I'd start whining about it.

Points for effort though, I suppose.

just because something doesnt directly affect u doesnt mean its a good thing. your neighbor beating his children doesn't directly affect you, but you still should just be for it

I didn't even imply that.

stop chosing aguments you know u can win and just answer. You said nn gone was good. defend ur point

What's more concerning: most Sup Forumstards still support Trump, a man who supports NN.

trump cause he supports nn too

>you said nn gone was good

No, I didn't. First I mentioned the repeal of NN would change nothing.

Then, replies began following a hypothetical trend. As did I. Someone directly asked me if repealing NN was good for consumers, to which I replied no.

Please read. I'm picking holes at this point because everything you've said has been extremely fallacious.

I'll say it again. A lot of you don't realize you only have yourselves to blame.

WRONG. the bold prints says UP TO 30mbps. so they already screwing customer over cause when they throttle, they can't be sued.

>A lot of you don't realize you only have yourselves to blame.

>you're poor, stop being poor

Here's one thing I don't get: I know for sure I heard at least a bunch of times they were talking about ending net neutrality, and I know for sure some of those extended to well before 2015. How can that be if net neutrality was new to 2015 and Obama?

This works, in theory, due to:

>7 different ISPs in my neighbourhood,
>If their (ISPs) infrastructure is not fast/updated the government will chase them to sort it out or fine them!

That's not the case in the U.S. In my city, we have 2 god awful internet providers (Cox and CenturyLink). Google Fiber wants to set up shop in my city but Cox and CenturyLink are fighting tooth and nail to keep another competitor from entering the ring.

Also, if NN is repealed, your internet situation will be affected as well, even if you're not in the US.

the term net neutrality was new to 2015. they didn't coin the term till broadband started to get saturated and ISP started doing shady shit.

Clueless twit detected.

NN has always been a thing. It's how the internet is and has always been protected from monopolies. In recent years the telecoms have stuffed enough pockets to make their dream a reality and force a vote to gain complete control of the web.

Their infrastructure was built with taxpayer dollars which is why they're considered a utility. Now they dont want to be a utility to bury the little guy even further.