Why is it that Brand New was one of the few bands to survive the early 2000s pop-punk scene?

Why is it that Brand New was one of the few bands to survive the early 2000s pop-punk scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5mm8ex8Vd4
youtube.com/watch?v=pKxrJ4KD18k
youtube.com/watch?v=7Mxpmn-LjJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they evolved from pop punk into softboy indie rock, then into an unexpectedly really good pop punk band, then into a failure cover band with their new album

>TDAG/Daisy
>pop punk

>Failure cover band
What

*unexpectedly really good post hardcore band

low quality bait

They have a huge female audience

Thrice and Thursday could have kept it going, they both broke up presumably due to unfortunate personal circumstances, not for lack of demand or decreasing quality of material. (Although they're both apparently back now, but their breakups put a damper on their momentum.)

science fiction sounds like an admittedly decent pastiche of 90s alt rock ideas, and yes very good I meant to say "post hardcore"

that pose is so gay it's cringeworthy

Because they stopped being pop punk after their first 2 albums. Even then Deja Entendu isn't even THAT pop-punk.

They survived the scene but completely dissociating themselves from it. Any thing off the Devil and God that resembles YFW or Deja is out of spite.

Please only say nice things about my boyfriend Jesse

The early 2000's were an awkward time. They look cool now.

>that fucking estrogen beer gut on the right

disgusting

My gf thinks that Jesse Lacey is the cutest guy in music, from the early years to current.

>This is him now
Kill me. I've been cucked by my favorite band

>she would probably fuck him if she had the chance

how does this make you feel

>Listening to emo as a (supposedly) straight male

youre a faggot, just let your girl get plowed by a bull already.

Feels conflicting man

I'm happy that she's into Brand New, but she's got a folder on her phone dedicated to him

[spoiler]But it's okay she doesn't know about my waifu folder[/spoiler]

because they make good music

>she's got a folder on her phone dedicated to him
user, please tell me this is a joke.

How old is your gf by any chance? Sounds like a god damn teenager. Most normal people don't do that to their significant other

what a train wreck, give it 3 weeks before she sees a chad in public and wets herself over him and starts cucking you

So basically that whole post was bullshit then?

I'm not kidding.
>Showing her Sic Transit Gloria, because she's into Nu-Fall Out Boy, Panic! etc, and I thought she'd like it since they're a pretty influential band.
>She sees Jesse enter the bar in the video and thinks he's so cute.
>Later that night we're just sitting in bed together and I'm watching her on her browse pinterest
>The search terms are "Jesse Lacey"
>She's saving a bunch of pictures onto her phone in a folder called "Brand New"
>The next day she says she thinks Brand New is SO awesome
>Knows all about Jesse
>Thinks his wife is ugly
>welp

No

>Sounds like a god damn teenager. Most normal people don't do that to their significant other
I don't think it's a big deal. it's not like I don't have 2D waifus that I have vast folders of.

Pls no. I love her

prove me wrong or go back to the subreddit

>literal 21 pilots tier music taste
>clearly masturbates and fantasizes to a dude LITERALLY TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOU JUST LET IT HAPPEN.

youve established youre a bitch that will do nothing to stop her from cheating.

judging from her taste in music she has to be 15 tops, right?

Abandon ship

wtf lmaoing @ ur life rn

Pls stop posting this

i'm 6'4", 13% body fat, 6.5 inch dick and decently ripped. ill plow your gf for you. whats ur snapchat?

This is the kinda OC i'm here to see

Brand New is NOT post hardcore

reading comprehension not your strong suit?

please explain how i interpreted that post wrong

My dude, then what is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=u5mm8ex8Vd4
youtube.com/watch?v=pKxrJ4KD18k
youtube.com/watch?v=7Mxpmn-LjJU

Because it definitely is not pop punk anymore

brand new is not a post hardcore band, but daisy is a post hardcore album

he said that they became an "unexpectedly really good post hardcore band" he never said that daisy was a post hardcore album you kike

Same as Deftones from nu metal, they evolved into something different and more experimental.

"he" is me, I was correcting myself you little squirt

because they didn't want faggots like you to criticize their new style