XXXTentacion

Don't really get why this dude gets a whole lot of hate here desu. I feel like the dude is a big part of hip hop's evolution with the whole dyed hair, tatted face, Soundcloud rapper trend. I get that liking or disliking his music is totally up to you guys but I feel like XXXTentacion is heavily underrated on this board.

Without rappers like X, I feel like rising artists such as Ski Mask the Slump God, Trippie Redd, and Smokepurpp wouldn't really blow up that much and would just go ignored. With X, I feel like the genre is going to evolve away from the whole trap shit. So what do y'all think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gy6kUzuO1yI
youtube.com/watch?v=dT8dmvAzIqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

facebook is an X circle jerk you might like it there

Nah. I am here to discuss with conflicting arguments. Not looking for a circle jerk

The guy sucks ass.

Why? Explain yourself user.

The whole soundcloud rapper scene is a circle jerk for who can have the weirdest hair and most obscure lyrics. He's probably the most talented soundcloud rapper but that doesn't make him a good artist, just not a shit artist. Plus he tries to hide his stupid juvenile mindset behind "muh you don't understand me I'm a school shooter"

>soundcloud rapper scene is a circle jerk for who can have the weirdest hair and most obscure lyrics
Well yeah but I guess that's cuz a lot of those rappers are just lost young men in their early stages of adulthood.

> Plus he tries to hide his stupid juvenile mindset behind "muh you don't understand me I'm a school shooter"
In some songs, yes. In others, no. The dude is pretty versatile so he makes all sorts of songs though

Another point I want to make is that Eminem in his early years kinda had that edgelord vibe to him. Especially in the Slim Shady LP.

> youtube.com/watch?v=gy6kUzuO1yI

I get the edgelord appeal but it seems so forced by some random dude who thinks getting a bucket of chicken tattooed on his face makes him hard. Some X tracks are alright and fit certain moods but for the most part I don't see the talent or appeal and I don't see them doing anything new

For me, the appeal of his music is the chillwave beats and Shiloh Dynasty samples on 17. I've listened to a lot of chillwave and jazz influenced hip hop instrumentals on YouTube for a while and I really liked it on the album. Plus the whole distorted music thing sounds cool in my opinion on songs like #imsippinteainyohood and Look on Me.

People have told me its more about the beats than anything but that makes the raps seem pretty redundant to me, who knows maybe I just fear change

if he doesnt produce his shit hes not an artist

don't really understand why he gets credit for this whole 'new and interesting' sound when artists like denzel curry were already in that lane last year

youtube.com/watch?v=dT8dmvAzIqA

see above. furthermore he is a degenerate human being who can be seen on his own facebook page bashing people for money and stomping fans outside of his own shows

to me he seems like a complete edge lord who is popular because he has been in and out of jail and it really seems like he has just fluked his way to fame

he will fade away as people get older and musical trends change.

and that's exactly my point OP
there is no mention from you about integrity to his music or hard work just straight up personality and image and nothing else. he's like the smash mouth of hip hop

Didn't he hang a little kid in one of his music videos?

Most of the popular X music is from 2014 and 2015 though

>smash mouth of hip hop
Lmao what's his career ending movie going to be

I'm so tired of rap on this board.

X is overrated as hell, especially considering he does a lazier version of what Bones has done for years, and I'd argue even he isn't a very good rapper.

To say that this is the current state of hip hop is embarrassing. Hopefully, since this once happened to metal, resulting in nu metal, means hip hop will soon break from popularity, meaning more artists will experiment and create some remarkable and individual material.

Who here remembers good old days of underground rap