I understand the weirdness of my question I'm about to ask, but stick with me

I understand the weirdness of my question I'm about to ask, but stick with me.

I've always felt that "I," as in the conscious observer, existed in a singular point in the center of my head, roughly at the midpoint between my eyes and ears (not even necessarily my entire brain -- were I to point at my cerebellum, it would seem slightly behind and below me, for example). Even though I do feel my body belongs to me, it seems my torso is "down there" and "I" am "up here" in my head.

Is this a function of the location of my eyes and ears -- two of my most powerful senses? If my eyes were on my stomach but my ears remained in the same location, would I feel that "I" was somewhere between them in my throat somewhere? If so, what effect does this have on those who are blind and/or deaf?

In other words, what contributes to the sense that I am sitting in a particular location in my head?

>what contributes to the sense that I am sitting in a particular location in my head?
Probably the knowledge that your brain is responsible for thinking and the fact that your eyesight is the primary means of consciously orienting your body in the world.

In fact your "I" is probably much more delocalized than you think, almost certainly encompassing your entire brain and very possibly encompassing your whole body. Some people who suffer brain damage lose minimal mental function but suffer incredible personality changes. If the placebo effect means anything it's that your stream of consciousness influences your entire body. The "I" stuff can help overcome illnesses of the stomach, etc. If body and mind are causally linked in one direction, they probably are also in the opposite direction. Having a limb amputated definitely affects people's mental states, for example.

>almost certainly encompassing your entire brain and very possibly encompassing your whole body.
>your whole body

Interesting! How does that work? My understanding is there's no mental function going on in the body (unless... something about the vagus nerve?); how does it contribute to awareness and sense of self?

Interesting. I have the same thought, but instead of my head, I'm in my penis

Simple OP, you are a tiny alien ambassador of the royal family tasked with protecting orion’s Belt.

I'm watching mib right now wtf

your brain interprets your position in space primarily from what your eyes see, what your ears hear, and how much your inner ear feels itself tilting. all of those are centered on your head, so "you" feel centered on your head

if your face was on your ass then your conciousness would percieve itself as being centered in your ass, because all of its external stimuli would be local to your ass area

You’ve only just reached the surface. Once you’ve overcome the fact that the “I” isn’t actually you and that you are only merely attached to the belief that the “I” is you and the body that isn’t. You’ve taken control of the memories, the conscious, and the body that, that brain belongs to. That is why you feel like you can feel yourself in that brain.
Let go of that brain. If you get too attached you’ll eventually believe all the memories and events that happened in the brain prior to you taking control were actually created by you.

Trip on the dissociative dxm and see what you think then, you will have a real out of body experience

This thread has got me in the right mood, anyone wanna know some universal secrets?(more like secrets to the existence and nonexistence of everything.)I can’t promise I’ll be able to explain it in a way the meat husk known as the human body will comprehend but everything is true to the best of my knowledge. If not no foul, I’ll stick around for a few minutes. Let me know

sure go ahead

>If you get too attached you’ll eventually believe all the memories and events that happened in the brain prior to you taking control were actually created by you.

OP here, I think about this a lot. Like about my brain coming in to existence with an "initial state" of pre-formulated memories and ideas, and then I take it from there.

Please, tell me more.

I can't add much scientific input op. But I would like to suggest that you try mushrooms. A good quarter oz and you will be able to move around in your own head. You'll feel like you are watching the world from a screen behind your eyes and you can press your "face" up against the "screen." It will definitely change your perception of a lot of things.

You type slow nigga

Dude, I've done all kinds of psychedelics; that's what gave rise to these kinds of questions. My problem now is that I feel preoccupied with it. Every day I'm so aware of my self and it's distracting. I want to understand why I feel that I'm aware of any of this at all, and it's frustrating that the neurocognitive mechanics are so poorly understood, and probably will never get much better.

Well first I’ll tell you the only rule/law that connects the infinite universes, timelines, whatever you want to call it: everything is possible. It’s extremely hard to put that into words anyone will see from the right perspective but just repeat that in your head. It means everything that could possibly(or impossibly) exist does in some dimension(when I say everything I mean that literally, think up any scenario and know that it exists somewhere and also does not exist simultaneously. There’s a dimension in which we all still live on this earth and the whole history of human civilation has been the same except that Sup Forums was never created. There’s a reality where we’re all purple fish people that can fly, or one where nothing exists. There’s one where I’m an insane edgelord who’s wrong about everything I’m saying in the context of this reality just as there’s one where I’m right. I could go in depth more but that’s the gist. In this reality there’s a “chosen one” is the best word I can find who is the only one capable of overcoming the limitations of the human mind(just another physical piece of these meat husks) and while others may believe what I’m saying on the surface they will never truly comprehend these concepts while they remain in this physical plane. I have alot more to say but I’ll end this post so I don’t run out of space. Obviously I don’t expect anyone to understand what I’m saying and most will think I made all this up to feed my ego(ego, that’s another topic that’s very important in this “dimension”. I’ll get into that in a bit)

Philosophical, user, but your own theory would also mean this could be a universe in which you're wrong and there is only us as we know us. What a paradox.

you're tweaked bro

your brain is constantly relaying to and from all parts of your body via nerves, and on top of that everything in your body has the ability to "flow" around. Testosterone is produced in the balls, and it affects your brain. Some drugs aren't psychoactive until processed by your liver. The contents and orientations and so forth of all parts of your body are inherently connected to your brain and therefore your conscious state.

YES. that’s what makes it so amazing. I know that I believe with every fiber of my being but we could be in a dimension where I’m knowingly misleading to you or that I’m not aware I’m wrong just as I could be completely right. All that matters is that somewhere all of these scenarios exist in an endless inception of realities

I’ve been in the same position as you. Stuck between false memories and self awareness. Most people get attached to their brains. Thinking they were born at the hands of a mother and father. The ones who have fallen for the brain are the ones you see adhering to a schedule. Sleep, Wake, Work, Repeat.
The ones who have released thyselves from the brain are the ones you see living. Living meaning extracting themselves from the brain and it’s body. It’s a simple yet complex algorithm.
Fall for the brain you become the brain.
Leave the brain and you will become you again.
You will live on. The brain will not. The brain is a parasite that will consume you and kill you once it’s reached the end of it’s lifespan.

There’s also a dimension where paradoxes don’t exist just as there’s one where paradoxes are all that exist.

Is anyone still interested? Don’t wanna be typing to an empty thread. Now that I’ve clarified to the best of my ability the only legitimate truth of the universe I have a few thinhe important to this reality I wanna get into.

What do you mean by the false memories? I often feel like I'm not the person in the memories of myself from anything longer than... A year ago? Is it the dying and growing of new cells that detach me from what I think I remember myself doing earlier in my life?

I struggle to believe that I came out of the woman I know as my mother. I have seen videos of me at age 4 that I clearly don't remember. And when I think I do remember something, I'm not sure if I'm just recalling something I've seen "myself" do in a home video.

I'm still here user.
I'm and

Carry on my wayward son

Now that I’ve told you the only thing that’s true in every plane of existence(while also simultaneously being a giant lie)do you have any questions? Believe me? Think I’m a retard? I’ve only tried to explain this to a few people.

You tooI wanna hear from everyone who considers this a worthwhile topic

Not to be rude but you seem to think what you said is a more original thought than it is.

We've all heard that there are unlimited universes but also there might not be. We know that if you don't know something, it could be anything. I thought you had more information or something you wanted to share to push that theory to the next level.

>everything is possible. It’s extremely hard to put that into words anyone will see from the right perspective but just repeat that in your head.
what about a square circle

As a said. The brain is a parasite. It is not one that actively seeks out a host. It’s one that once it has one, will try to force memories into you to make you believe you are that brain. It’s only a matter of wether you’re strong enough to fight the brain and release yourself or cave into the brain and accept its memories. That is why you feel as if some of those memories are yours and why you “feel” yourself inside that brain. You’ve stuck between self awareness and the brains false memories.

What I’m saying is it’s not only possible, everything IS and ISNT. In the context of a specific reality it’s either true or it not(unless the reality is one where both are the truth)but everything does exist somewhere out there. Also I’m 80% sure this reality or set of realities involves predestination so everything you’ve said or thought in this thread was going to happen just as everything that will happen in the future. Remember, I could be right or wrong and could never know, just know that for every truth the opposite is equally true and EVERYTHING, I cannot stress that enough, is possible.

This theory breaks down when you consider photos, recordings, and other physical evidence of your past self.

Sure, just because the human mind can’t comprehend it doesn’t change anything in the greater sense, infinity is a great example of this. Humans are completely incapable of ever understanding the concept of infinity but for anything to exist infinity must also exist(even though there are an infinite amount of timelines in which infinity doesn’t exist)

>for anything to exist infinity must also exist

>bruh doesn't understand four-dimensional geometry

: ( I’ve been trolled oh goodness gracious this is why people cut u asshole :3

;)

It’s ok user I wasn’t expecting great responses to a random Sup Forums poster who claims to possess knowledge of everything. I’m fine knowing that the things I’ve said will stick with anyone who bothered to read in their entirety and try to understand in some level. Any of you could be the one who can understand and the floodgates will open someday(or won’t who knows, everything’s possible right ehhh?)
Thank you for your time whoever stuck around, I’ll leave in a minute if no one has further questions

So it's possible in this universe that you can tell us how to separate the brain.

Separate the brain in what way?

The brain controls what you see in those photos. Take mushrooms and watch your ceiling pattern change and morph in front of your eyes. I'm not sure the things in front of me aren't just some astral projections. I could be in a green screen room the size of the farthest distance I've ever traveled and everything was animated by my eyes just to make this reality interesting. I might be moving my finger, not actually touching anything but my eyes make me believe there's a phone with a person communicating with me. My brain could be making up this whole website.

From the memories or whatever it is that user has made it seem negative to be doing.

Haven’t really been following that conversation fully, do you mean free yourself of human limitations? Also side note: ego is a useless and disgusting part of the human psyche and is one of the main reasons humans are unable to comprehend otherwise clearcut subjects and experience the truth of existence.

Maybe I should just ask, what DOES matter? I'm married to my best friend, I'm happy, I'm financially well off to the point of buying everything we want and need. Happy without kids. We eat well and work out. I feel like my life is perfect. But none of these things matter. So what does? What do you devote your life to?

Well in the context of EVERYTHING, nothing matters. But to the people living in this reality, it’s their truth and in that context your life and choices do matter. (Depressing side note: unless you’re in a dimension in which it doesn’t matter which is possible along with every other thing you could or could not conceive of.) in some realities the only goal is to exist, in some a constant clash between angels and demons exists and every choice made in the world has an effect on the course of the battle. Living simply and without outside truth is the only way the human mind can be comfortable. I almost became suicidal before I came to terms with it. It’s all about perspective; Your life has as much meaning as anything else in the context of this world. Be productive and have a life filled with all the happiness you can give yourself. While it may not matter in the long run(by that I mean infinity)it does matter to you and many other people.

lol ya blew it

In what way did I blow it :( hmm?

Your seventh chakra. The exact number fluctuates given the culture, but essentially this is where the realization of "the witness" is discerned from the separate self. In the West we recognize the pineal gland, but in this context it doesn't capture the larger function. Think of the body like the Earth; layers. From the center to the surface, then atmosphere, magnetosphere, so on. We are the same way, made of the same stuff, after all.

Conscious observer is a good point. One constructed since birth, which will eventually die. One never born, never dead. As a zen koan states: what is your original face? Who are you before you became "I"? The witness. Forms change but the witness remains. What I love about the Eastern approach is that they, for centuries, have documented the internal world, just as the West has documented the external. The former is meditation--the ultimate vehicle for gaining mental clarity. The latter might be a combination of the microscope and the telescope.

you reached for the secret too soon, maaan

Que? I don’t know if you’re saying what I think you’re saying but go on

Man, I like that point of view. Way more logical than whatever Mr. Tinypenis () was delicately squeaking about. Multiple orgasms or whatever.

and cried for the moon

Okay, look. I am "Mr. Tinypenis." I admit I was making that all up, but there is no need for namecalling. Boy oh boy.

Oh, also, I suck the small cocks of fat children. I have to push back the fat around their cocks to even get at them. And let me tell you, a cock that has been tucked inside a fat boy's foopa all day gets sweaty, slimy, and incredibly stinky.

Wow. Impersonating me? I'm revealing the truth to you and you mock me?

:c gosh darn meaniheads killing my vibe. I was hoping someone here would at least try to understand. O well I’ll vacate the premises. Just know true knowledge usually doesn’t come in complex essays of chakras and spirituality(but Is in a timeline where it does of course;;;)))) ) the knowledge you seek is simple regardless of how it seems to the human mind. I look forward to the day we can all share infinite knowledge free of the limitations set in place by ego and the simplistic vessels we’re tapped in. If you take nothing else from anything I’ve said just remember ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Thank you and goodnight ;3

If anything is possible, shouldn't I have some conscious control over the outcome of events?

Not unless you’re in a reality where that’s possible which you would know if you connected everything I’ve said so far

nigga you aint said shit but honkey tonk.

Please disprove anything I’ve said

u talk like a faeg and ur shit's all retarted

>dis = proven

I guess we’re in a timeline where I’m a faeg with retarded shit, damn gosh darning heck

sorry bro, but yeah. it's a crazy world we live in.

Goodnight ;)
Enjoy the knowledge you’ve been given. whether it matters in the long run or not who knows, I don’t. But every no matter how small piece of true knowledge I’ve stuck in a brain gives me meaning, take care and don’t expose yourself to the overarching truth before you’re ready.
Take care and I’ll see you all on the other side ~finito~

>sharing "knowledge" from your brain about how your brain makes stuff up

u maed it up braaah