Guitar Thread!

Guitar Thread!

How long have you been playing?

Guitars you own?

Amps you own?

Playing for three years
Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
Just bought an Orange TH30H yesterday, hbu OP?

-12 years
-8 guitars.
-4ish amps

i'll start:

How long have you been playing?
>bass since 2000
>guitar since 2003

Guitars you own?
>ernie ball musicman stingray H
>mexican fender stratocaster SSS
>mexican fender jazzmaster HH

Amps you own?
>Peavey TNT 115 BW i got in like 2003
>fender super 60 (i had never heard of it either)
>blackstar HT-1 (if you live in an apartment like i do then this is without a doubt the amp for you)

>Just bought an Orange TH30H yesterday, hbu OP?

how are you liking it? a few years ago i was in this band and we played a bunch of places in chicago. our first actual show was with this band from scottland. literally one person showed up to see them. they had a bunch of rented or leased or whatever orange gear. we ended up using their amps. the orange bass amp i played through that night was fucking sick. maybe someday ill be able to afford something like that.

>-8 guitars.

whats your favorite?

bump

I really want to start playing. Planning on buying an electric guitar/amp off CL or pawnshop.

>no prior experience
>played the piano for 1 yr at 12
>house sat, did blow, and played >electric guitars with best friend's >nieces guitars, learned quick songs off youtube.

Any suggestions?

Tokai jr love this guitar

Been playing 15 years, I have 6 guitars at the moment, a custom shop strandberg Boden, 1987 esp the mirage custom, 08 les Paul custom, Taylor 214ce, a strat and some x series Jackson seven string. I'm just using plugins and monitors at the moment for an amp.

>Any suggestions?

if you have zero prior experience then honestly it doesnt really matter what kind of guitar/amp you get. there are all sorts of beginners combo deals where you get a guitar and an amp. go for one of those. they arent even that expensive. in a couple years if you have stuck with practicing and playing and whatever you can always move up to something else. ive been playing a long ass time but the first guitar i ever played was some kind of cheap as shit knockoff whatever. i seriously dont even remember the brand.

when youre just starting out the most important thing is finding practice routines and sticking with them. the gear you use doesnt matter at all.

Seven Metal zones?! It would be like living inside a tv on static...

Been playing for 15 years or so, but only really started making an effort to get good over the past year.

Guitars:
Mexican Fender Stratocaster HSS
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Schecter Stealth C-7
Washburn D-10

My amp is a Mesa 5:25+

I like playing my Strat the most, but I prefer the sound on my Epiphone Les Paul -- I think it needs some setup tweaks but I haven't gotten around to doing it. I got the C-7 used for cheap just as something to experiment with a 7-string on.

Love the Mesa -- I tried an Orange, but it just wasn't for me.

The wife has an Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro that is really nice -- just once of those perfect right builder, right components sort of accidental thing that happens every now and then. She also has a Mexican Telecaster that also plays really well, but it's a pretty unforgiving guitar when it comes to sloppy playing. She has a Vox AC30 that she plays them through and they sound great.

12 years.

gibson flying V, LTD EC CZ II, ovation electric acoustic guitar

Line 6 combo amp

bored as fuck, nobody wants to be a band and play rock n roll anymore, just folk, electronic turntable shit, and these joke soundcloud rappers. so fucking boring.

metal scene is just about dead in the US also.

19 years...

2008 fender mexican jazz bass
2008 fender mexican precision bass
2005 epiphone thunderbird

ampeg svt head + 8x10 cab

4-5 years

main axe is pic related for now since i study aboard
but also:
>schecter hellraiser v-1
>ltd v-50

main amp is a second hand custom build and yamaha practice amp

Awesome dude, thanks!

I want to play but keep delaying it, is getting the cheepest chinese one on ebay going to hurt my progress?

Just a bit over a decade now.
Have a Marshall Haze 40, a Gibson SG and a bunch of pedals (actually two boards).
Ma
I mainly play Rock and Psychedelic Rock with heavy influences from "heavier" genres - i.e. Metal and Hard Rock.

it's an absolute blast, real nice distorted channel! the clean has little headroom, but it's alright bc its just on the verge of breakup which is sweet

playing 24 years. my main axe is a 1985 gibson explorer with emg pickups i put in. vintage custom cab and a vintage polytone jazz amp right now. Im big into metal and classical guitar.