Philip Mitchell Brailsford

Philip Mitchell Brailsford

Remember that name.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hkzEN8r8f3M
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/08/arizona-police-shooting-philip-brailsford-acquitted
heavy.com/news/2016/03/daniel-shaver-philip-brailsford-mesa-arizona-police-shooting-wife-laney-sweet-facebook-daughters-video/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who?

>Philip Mitchell Brailsford

Is that the psycho cop who murdered that guy?

His name is Robert Paulson

That video gave me the feels

"Shaver, 26, sobbed as he begged police not to shoot and was ordered to crawl toward officers. As he inched forward, he reached toward the waistband of his shorts. Brailsford said he fired his rifle because he believed Shaver was grabbing a handgun in his waistband."

Sounds reasonable to me. Police go to a scene with a reported gun and the guy reaches for his waistband when he was ordered not to do anything but what he is told.

+1 to the LEOs

His name is Robert Paulson

+1

Why did they take so long in the first place to let him reach for his gun?
He had his hands on his head, at that point you run forwards and cuff him.
There was no bomb threat, at all, so cuffing him wasn't dangerous, there was a only a reported assault rifle sighted with a hostage or something from what i remember.

who is mojo?

I am not an expert in police tactics but i have seen them do stuff like this when either they don't have a lot of back up or if they are unsure if there is someone else with the suspect. But then again what do i know.

+1

The whole procedure from the video was really wierd, i'm not saying the officers were bad, i'm saying they used bad tactics. They fucking wanted the man to do stupid shit while he was stressed and crying, and they said if he makes a mistake they will shoot him. What does that even mean? bad people are prone to make mistakes? that doesn't make any sense

He’s a friend of mine and you’re not going to bury him in the fucking garden.

I'll just leave this here... lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=hkzEN8r8f3M

Eh, its hard to tell really. From my point of view i think the cops did everything ok. They gave clear and defined directions, the suspect just didn't follow them. You have to remember too that there is stress on both sides.

I saw the video last night. They wanted him dead for some reason.

But one is prepared for this sort of stresse, and has trained for years from what i guess for this sort of situation. Plus i expect experiance from simillar cases.
And the other is, from his reaction to the entire situation, is not prepared to being a gun aimed at him and is obvisuly scared far more then the person aiming at him.
There are obviusly steps you need to take when someone isn't responsive or uncooperative, but like you said
>i think the cops did everything ok
They did, from what they were taught in america, which i can tell you have one of the stupidest laws when it comes to swat and those sort of units.

they couldn't be sure there weren't more people in the room they came out of, rather than approach the room they had to call the suspects one at a time, in a way a position where they could not pose a threat.

The poor guy was probably too scared to properly follow directions, however he definitely reached into his pants there which was extremely stupid.

oh man, the irony of this being posted here.

found the bacon

Yep, he was stupid, but like i said, they shouldn't have let him get to that situation in the first place.
In the video they juggled him because he didn't follow their orders EXACTLY, which got him even more scared.

Can i have some?

This was murder, plain and simple. That pig was looking for any excuse he could find to kill him.

hero cop made the hard choice, and took down a man refusing to comply with orders who was seen earlier to be waving a rifle out a window of his hotel room.

cop didn't kill him. the guy killed himself with a life long list of poor decisions.

"You're Fucked" is etched on that cops gun.

>HANDS UP AT ALL TIMES, FAGGOT!
>now crawl to me
>I DIDN'T SAY SIMON SAYS, FAGGOT! *bang* *bang* *bang*

guy's just an attack dog, the real murderer is his boss who was powertripping, barking orders and overall escalating the situation

Found the bootlicking statist

kek

Will you lick my boots too or only a cop's?

completely forgot
>hands up at all times
>feet crossed at all times
>now crawl to me
LOLWUT
might as well ask, him to recite the ABC's backwards as well.

I’m ethan bradberry

Because the officer is a murderer

Agreed

Literally this

There was a reported weapon. They couldn't see into to room. Safer to have the suspect come to you than walk up to them into a potential ambush from the hotel room.

INNOCENT

It sure was

Why should anyone give a fuck?

Same guys who get off on REKT threads are the ones who go out in the streets because some fool got killed.

Sure, go parade it in the streets, get your hashtags out and realize it is meaningless.

"If your hands fall to the small of your back or your waist we will shoot you! Do you understand me!"

"Yes Sir"

"Now crawl towards me!"

*hands fall to waist

"Crawl towards me!"

*Hands fall to waist again. Sits up*

*shoots*

So the guy who got shot said he understood, was given many opportunities to comply, and still did everything wrong. So if you cannot follow simple instructions maybe you deserve to be shot. Ever think of that?

Thats exactly what i was saying here

It was obvious he had loose fitting jersey shorts on. They in no way would have held a gun in their waistband. The cops were giving conflicting directions on top of that. Even if the shooting was justified, why 5 shots when 1 or 2 would have sufficed?

Consider this proposition without having your 14-year-old drug-addled minds completely blown: one can be opposed to the police state and many LEO activities, and- here comes the operative word- SIMULTANEOUSLY understand that many shootings by LEOs of "unarmed" persons are because of reasonable threats and/or disobedience pursuant to LEO commands were meant to reduce threats. If this was a citizens' arrest, I would support the same action being taken. It's sad, but it comes with the zero-sum game of at that moment a threat is detected, you die or that threat are neutralized.

the orders were to
have hands up at all times
to have feet crossed at all times
then to crawl
how do you crawl with your feet tied and hands in the air?

i'm not even a police officer.
i have zero expierence in handling this sort of situation.
but.
how about
hands up
feet crossed at all times
we will approach you.
if you move, you will be shot.

Jersey Shore has nothing to do with it retard

This.

>married man gets caught with woman in hotel room that's not his wife
>starts balling his eyes out
>gets threated to be shot if he does something
>does it multiple times
he an hero'd by cop.

he had already pulled up his shorts once from the back which they said was 'stupid dont do again' if he was going to grab a gun he would have done it the first time he reached which they allowed

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/08/arizona-police-shooting-philip-brailsford-acquitted

watch the video again

and they were mad at him because they 'didnt hear them yelling' from inside the room

hotel walls are heavily soundproofed
genius cops already had a hard on for the guy and the guy didnt even know they were there until they left the room and were faced with rifles

What is shuffling you dumb cunt.

The girl did it perfectly fine you mong

walk on knees
should have been the order

the woman crawled on her hands and knees, you moron.

> Be a psychopathic killer
> Become cop
> Find drunk people.
> Point assault rifle at them and scream orders
> When drunk person messes up - kill them
> Get away with it.

twister ties you up in a knot

It takes a special kind of retard to think not following instructions is a mistake punishable by death.

The dude was sobbing and crawling on the floor. Mr. Badass tattoo COD cop was rock hard waiting for his chance to bang bang his super tacticool rifle at some poor scmuck.

>got proofs shaver was drunk
lets see it.

If you actually watch the video, you'll see that she shuffled on her knees.

That's true

>was obvious he had loose fitting jersey shorts on. They in no way would have held a gun in their waistband
Incorrect. There are multiple ways this could be accomplished. If you went to a ghetto high school, as I did, you would marvel at the ways rubber bands and tape could sheath and holster various weapons inside pocketless basketball shorts for quick and easy usage.
>The cops were giving conflicting directions on top of that.
This is actually arguable and may be a good point for further study.
>Even if the shooting was justified, why 5 shots when 1 or 2 would have sufficed?
Firstly, there were instances of LEOs using "double tap" means of neutralizing threats that were argued against. Secondly, even if one shot was used, there would be some asshole arguing "why not use a taser?", as if tasers were like Hollywood told you they worked. Thirdly, it is good LEO and non-LEO self-defense protocol to exhaust a pistol magazine at center-mass to neutralize the threat. Not a warning shot. Not aiming at the leg. This makes 100% certain, with no margin of error, that the threat is neutralized.
Typos so I'll retype:
I SIMULTANEOUSLY am opposed to the police state, police quotas, overcriminalization, police corruption, abuse of police authorities etc. at all levels of government, across the US, and around the world, WHILE understanding the following:
>many shootings by LEOs of "unarmed" persons are justified
>The Justified Shooting/Unjustified Shooting dichotomy is infinitely more useful than the Armed Victim/Unarmed victim dichotomy
>It is many times justified to shoot if it is reasonable to believe there is a threat
>Police commands during an arrest are meant to reduce risks/threats
>Violating them may and should risk one's life

This is actually a valid criticism. Police commands should be clear, understood by the LCD of people, and should constructed in such a way that acting upon them could not be considered a threat to the LEO or anyone else. There are many other commands that could have been given that would have not led to such problems. Do I think he should be convicted for it? No. I think better training is in order for the department at large.

Would you care to demonstrate crawling forwards with your hands in the air and legs crossed?

Why the double standard for civilians and police? If a randomly drawn guy rotates his arm an extra 20 degrees in a game of high stakes twister, he *had it it coming.* When a cop ignores protocol, not once, nut several times, its *an impossible situation and you need to keep cops safe ;)*

Why is the burden of professionalism and cool-headedness under pressure placed on civies instead of professional law enforcement?

>pistol magazine
he had an ar with a 30 round clip

Why not have the other officer cuff him while his hands were up?

>The woman told police Shaver and the other man were pointing the rifle outside the hotel window before police arrived, and she told them to stop because they were drunk.

heavy.com/news/2016/03/daniel-shaver-philip-brailsford-mesa-arizona-police-shooting-wife-laney-sweet-facebook-daughters-video/

>>Police commands during an arrest are meant to reduce risks/threats

so if he just stood still with hand up not moving or following macarena directions, they still would have shot him?

Top one was meant for this retard

Well when the instructions are followed by "or we will shoot you" perhaps it should be punishable by death.

>Why is the burden of professionalism and cool-headedness under pressure placed on civies instead of professional law enforcement?

literally this

>many shootings by LEOs of "unarmed" persons are justified
warranted not justified. if it was justified, brailsford would not have gone to court.

>He had an AR
Same principle applies. If you use a rifle like an AR platform, or pistol like a Glock 23, or even a shotgun like, firing more than one round is preferable in neutralizing threats, be they bears or men.
>clip
Triggrinm'tism here.

>if it was justified, brailsford would not have gone to court.
lolwut. Anybody could sue anyone else for any reason whatsoever.

>clear and defined directions
>HANDS IN THE AIR NO MATTER WHAT.
>NOW CRAWL.

nah. they could have done a better job of securing Shaver.

They couldn't approach because they were worried about a third perp hiding in the room opposite their original prone position.

That said, the directions were retarded; "crawling" means with your hands on the ground and feet pushing you to me (bear crawl). If he wanted him to "shuffle" on his knees he should have said so. Irks me that people get shot for the slightest deviation from instruction, while cops can be sloppy (up to an including impossible requests) with those same instructions.

A modern day hero! God bless the police!

If this ever happens to me I will just pull a gun and start shooting. If I live it was self defense.

>clip
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh please you'd fucking start crying like a bitch just like him, don't act tough on the internet kid.

crawl
krôl/
verb
gerund or present participle: crawling
(of a person) move forward on the hands and knees or by dragging the body close to the ground.
"they crawled out from under the table"
synonyms: creep, worm one's way, go on all fours, go on hands and knees, wriggle, slither, squirm, scrabble

"they crawled under the table"

> shimmy shammy, double whammy to me, maggot.

Confirmed statist

The cops just had to walk up to the guy lying on the ground and cuff him. No need to play simon says with a crying drunk man

So you're the kind of person that stops at a red light and just stays there right, no matter if the light changes because you always stop at a red light. Even if the situation evolves and the light changes and you are given a new stet of instructions to follow.

the fucktard kept reaching into his pocket after they told him not too

i don't care if he was unarmed he shouldn't have been a fucking moron

You clearly didnt watch the video did you kid

Whom?

Whomst've?

I'm not familiar with that department's policies and protocols. There is a difference between being asked to do the hokey pokey, and a simple command like:
>Keep
as in sustain in this position, and do not go to any other position
>Your
as in relating to your person
>Hands
in upper extremities
>Up
as in not down, not by the waist, not anywhere but above the head if possible. Why am I to feel sorrow for someone that didn't want to comply to the fullest degree in the interest of making sure everyone gets out of the situation as safely as possible, and go a step further by supporting getting vengeance at the supposedly offending officer using the State as a proxy? I don't when it happens to some bix nood, and I don't now.

>another day
>another retarded american unnecessary death story

barrel of faggot monkeys in every field of study, top drawer

Has there even been one instance of claiming self defense against cops that worked? I hear stories of cops serving warrants on the wrong address, which in my mind constitutes trespassing with intent to kidnap. If a cop gets shot doing that, I don't think there should be any repercussions.

after they shot him they tried to get into 500 instead of 502

stupid pigs

my understanding is that a justified shooting of a suspect by law enforcement occurs if the suspect is actively engaging law enforcement. if a criminal is killed shooting at cops, it's justified. a warranted shooting of a suspect by law enforcement occurs if the suspect is actively threatening law enforcement. if a suspect is aiming a gun at law enforcement but not shooting the gun, it's warranted. in the case of shaver, his erratic actions were "threatening" to law enforcement which make his shooting warranted. if shaver was pointing a pistol at police or even had a pistol on his person, it'd be warranted. if shaver was firing a pistol at police, it'd be justified.

really lame argument that its mag instead of clip faggot
>everyone knows what i meant

>Why am I to feel sorrow for someone that didn't want to comply to the fullest degree

Because as a citizen of a free republic, we should not live in a perpetual fear of death from disobeying tools of the state.

Why should I express gratitude to someone who did not comply with department procedures, resulting in the death of an unarmed and innocent man?

Everyday I'm shocked by how racist all you guys are.

Pigs are stupid it’s just one of those facts of life. That’s why it’s better in the long run keeping them unarmed in the UK.

discretion when dealing with drunk people

then stop saying clip faggot.

People forget this so often, but a lot come back with a great counter-argument
>Free life isn't that great if you are dead
They why are the happiest people saying "If i die tomorow, I won't mind because I died happily"

>Confirmed statist
Lol I'm a former Mutualist/Voluntaryist that now supports a minimal night-watchmen state while still giving financial support to some Agorist and Libertarian activities. But okay, I suppose since I'm not Murray Fucking Bookchin I'm an unredeemable statist.
>The cops just had to walk up to the guy lying on the ground and cuff him.
That is clearly in line with what I said here
there were a variety of better commands and actions available to the officers. I agree. I don't agree that the officers should be convicted for something going wrong in following those commands, especially a guy reaching for his waistband during an arrest.

Seemed like an unbelievable number of questions while they were pointing guns at people too. Cops were asking the lead guy (presumably Brailsford) about how to properly restrain the chick while the other guy was pissing himself.

You can't have it both ways: they claim he was a real and present threat, yet have no problem multi-tasking and going off script. Is he dangerous or not?

I think the order "hands up, now crawl to me" can be confusing. I think of crawling as on your hands and knees. The guy was under tons of stress and this resulted in the officers orders going over his head. idk why cops feel the need to escalate a situation. "If you don't follow my orders EXACTLY you will fucking die". How's that for stress when you have at least two guys pointing guns at you.

muh badz sir
didnt know you were internet police