There is literally no good reason death penalty is still use. It’s a waste of taxes and resources...

There is literally no good reason death penalty is still use. It’s a waste of taxes and resources. Are we fucking apes living off bugs? I’ll answer that. No. If someone commits a crime such as murder they shouldn’t die because their mistake. They should be put in rehabilitation programs.
END THE DEATH PENALTY.

just put them in the cells for a lifetime. problem solved. No taxes wasted.

I’m not saying put them in cells. Just get rid of the whole prison. Take the wasted taxes from the prisons and put them into productive programs that make them take their minds off whatever was trouble them.

where do you put the criminals in then?

How do you plan to rehabilitate a remorseless killer that will most likely kill again? These people aren't wired like you and me, and there's no program you can put them in that will fix that.

Refer back to when I said Rehabilitation programs
Everyone can change user. Those killers could be put into a program until they show signs of getting back into a better state of mind.

Personally I would put them in a prison hospital to conduct interviews and other ethical testing.

They don't want to thoug
Also they're adults, they aren't 5. You need more than some programs to fix them

define "ethical" testing
if it's psychological testing or something then ok
but you'd need the approval of the government to do more science on them

Absolute fucking dribble lol. This would never work user, some people are behind rehabilitation. There's a variety of reasons why this can be true. Could John Wayne gacy have been put on a "program" and fixed? You are naive af.

Beyond*

1. Cheaper to kill that rehabilitation. No sense in trying to spend so much extra trying to reform marylin manson esk mother fuckers.

2. The world is overcrowded. The more people that die the better.

3.????

4.PROFIT!!!?!

So if someone deliberately killed your mother/wife/child you would be alright with him becoming a free man after 5 years or so ? Some people could probably be rehabilitated faster than that.

I think the death penalty should still be around to rid the world of sick fuckers. Not a lot of people will still be the same no matter what the fuck you do to them. We will always have sickos that would be willing to do anything just to cause damage to someone when given the chance. Now I ain't saying we put all those who kill on the death bed. However we shouldn't be so naive and to think people can change because not everyone will.

Those who don’t get better by the programs provided for them will be forced to work as a productive supervised factory worker.

MRE scans, psychological tests, anything that would pass a basic ethics board. So no "hey lets try weird aggressive medical procedures and quack medicine on them and see if it works."

Not user, but why not put people in labour camps till they die or ar cured. As punishing as death sentence and makes them not do stupid shit to inmates

>can't spell
>believes in the overcrowded myth
>uses ancient memes
>thinks the death penalty is cheaper
Wow it's like you're retarded or something.

Tell me how mansonwould have changed again? Oh wait you can't.

Well then they should accept the loss and forgive the killer for he will be a changed man.

Let's be real some crimes are so bad the perp deserves death. Sometimes when people kill they can't come back from it mentally. Some people just love to murder other people.

I however do not support the death penalty because I don't want to give the state that much power. I don't know why more people don't see it that way. Some people do deserve to dick, but think of the long term implications when you give the state the green light to kill people they deem worthy of that.

This only works in a legal system that's actually fair and no innocent person is ever arrested.

OP, I feel you.

Some people may say you're a dreamer.
But you're not the only one.

What your heart truly wishes for will one day come to pass.

If he can’t then he’d be forced to work in a factory under extreme supervision

>somebody rapes and murders OP's daughter
>goes to a ''rehabilitation'' program
>is allowed to walk the streets as a free man after 10 years because he did a pinky swear
>OP is perfectly fine with that
>mfw
How does it feel to be one of the most pathetic human beings in existence ?

People can only change if they want to, you can't force someone to change in any ethical way. Until they want to become good people, you kinda have no choice but to keep them where they can't cause more trouble, aka a prison

die not dick rofl auto correct

I hope someone rapes and murders your child. Then maybe you’ll understand.

I once read the problem with US prisons is that the inmates spend 23 hours a day in their cell without anything to do. Makes them go bonnkers and do more crimes. Rather make them work 10 hours a day.

>End the Death Penalty

You realize that you have to apply this to everything to be honest right? So what does this extend to?

>war

If soldiers cant shoot to kill in war... How would WW2 have been won? Are soldiers exempt from inflicting the death penalty? .. Why or Why not?

>Prison for life

Paid for by who?... I don't want to pay for that shit... How about if you support ending the death penalty then you fuckers pay a separate tax to just keep these rapists and killers alive?

>Can't even one up with a defense or anysort of rebuttal so instantly breaks down into nit picking my spelling and calling me retarded instead of shutting me up with real facts.

Wow it's like your retarded or something.

As a counselor, I can tell you that you sound absolutely ridiculous.
>Someone just took their first sociology class

Death seems preferable to a life sentence in my opinion.

Hahahahahahahaha

They can only change if they want to. Sociopaths simply don't give a shit about the wellbeing of other people, and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. They only effective ways to rehabilitate those kind of people would generally be viewed as highly unethical.

People come out of prisons worse off than they went in in most cases. Especially people who go in for relatively innocuous crimes then get mixed in with gang members, serial rapists and murderers.

Partly that and also my post above. There's a lot of reoffenders because the system is setting them up to fail.

>As a counselor,
What's the matter? Getting a full degree was too hard for you?

Another political policy dreamer with ZERO solutions tries to tackle crime and rehab. How?
>a program
Explain your shit or fuck off and write it down better.

This.
You’re probably the type of faggot who would be fine with someone fucking your wife.

Then who gets to decide who dies and gets to do it if not the gov?

I say we should survey immates and see if they are for it or against it and change by their view

yeah lets give rapists, pedos, and Nazis a chance to live again. NOT!!!

>Murder
>Mistake

Nope.jpeg

It actually saves money because the state doesn’t have to pay for you because your nigger parents didn’t teach you manners. Bring back the death penalty in all states.

>Paid for by who?... I don't want to pay for that shit... How about if you support ending the death penalty then you fuckers pay a separate tax to just keep these rapists and killers alive?

Executing someone costs more than keeping them in prison for life.

Strange but true.

And in war killing is necessary; there's nothing necessary about the death penalty.

Nah mane, just a bullet to the head's fine. A 5.56x45 would do the job well, and it's only 30 cents a pop.

Burial? Just have executioners dig some mass grave up. Easy, how can one overcomplicate a death penalty? It's not that death penalty wastes resources, it's just that people who apply them is too cucked to find a much more efficient way to do it.

do you not know what a sociopath is?
I agree take away the death penalty it costs something like 100x the cost of keeping them in a cell for the rest of their life, but I think we should do away with private/for profit prisons.
sure give lenience to children and people who are below murder and rape through group home deals where they work and get a good father/mother figure, but if someone murders in cold blood or rapes they should be put in a hole to work for the rest of their miserable life.

You know there are higher security prisons to keep violent inmates separate from the "regular" ones
Also nice trips fag

You’re a fucking tard. I say bring back the firing squad and blast everyone on death row. Why do they deserve a humane death?

Kek I have the full degree you moron.
I AM a counselor/behavioral therapist? Not becomin one?

>stab somebody 30 times
>become a free man in 10 years because you swore you're a changed man
>write a book about the experience
>become a millionaire
True liberal utopia

But they have every option to do stuff. You can read. Jerk off. Work out in your cell. Draw. Suck dick. Literally no reason to do NOTHING.

Most are against it obviously but that doesn't mean it's a deterrent. The real reason some states have a death penalty is so the DA has something to bagan with not to actually stop any crimes.

The only reason it costs so much is because it isn't carried out quick enough.

And, because it isn't carried out quick enough, it isn't a deterrent.

I don't want anyone innocent to be put to death, but people who are beyond a shadow of a doubt guilty shouldn't be allowed to live on our expense for the next 20 years.

Also, it needs to be given out for more crimes, not just murder.

because they can repeal on tax payer money 1 is wrong, Africa and Asia are overcrowded not the US, so would only help if people there died so 2 is wrong
yes ???? to your fucking thought process, 3 is right
and no you lose profit and intelligence 4 is wrong.

This has to be bait. I know that liberals believe in rehabilitation, but that's not the whole reason for prisons. There's 3-
1) Protect the general population from criminals, whether it's from thieves or people who are dangerous...murder, assault, rape, kidnapping, etc
2) Punishment. There are consequences for breaking the law. From a simple fine up to the death penalty.
3) Rehabilitation. SOME people can be rehabilitated, but it is profoundly retarded to believe someone like Ted Bundy could be turned into some shining productive member of the community.

Yeah I don't think those are the kind of crimes resulting in death penalty anyway

Don’t get all pissy because there are other people out there actually making a difference in the world, while you are a piece of shit

Bundy is an extreme outlier though.

>some fag on Sup Forums with an associate's degree
>making a difference

This
Murder is rarely a "mistake", it happens when you're a bad person who's made bad choices

I do agree that there should be better rules in place if you are indeed sent to prison. The person serving time for a petty drug offense shouldn't be sharing a cell with a serial rapist, or child murderer.
>Also, trips checked

How is keeping someone alive for an entire lifetime not a waste of tax dollars?
If you commit murder, your life is worthless and you should be killed immediately instead of living the rest of your life comfortably at the expense of others.

This

>cost more to execute them than to keep them in prison for life

[citation or source required]

By definition, murder is never a mistake. Manslaughter and negligent homicide might be mistakes, but murder is always the intentional taking of another's life.

Typical burial isat least 10,000 dollars. Manson being imprisoned for life cost the state millions of dollars.

Explain to me how it's cheaper to not kill them again?? Oh wait you can't

i have a much simpler idea: a revamp.
rather than death being the immediate penalty, it should be the final stage. everyone with a lifetime sentence gets a DP, after say 10-15 years: a reasonable enough length of time that if they were innocent, they'd have been acquitted.
and no more of this hippy dippy "quick painless happy sunshine rainbow death." it'll simply be the most efficient way to end a life: how many people can you kill with this one method? how much does this method cost? how much upkeep is required?
rope hanging? kool. big ol knife? sure. w/e happens to tick ol the marks gets to be the big ender.

That and they should do a better job reacclimating prisoners. Especially low risk ones like someone who got busted for selling drugs (who most likely only sold drugs because they couldn't get a decent legit job.)

>Executing someone costs more than keeping them in prison for life.
I had no idea the shit in that syringe was so expensive. . .

I would be in favor of that.

>Are we fucking apes living off bugs?
We're not far from it, really. We still build our houses out of sticks and mud. The sticks are very straight and cut to uniform measurements, bricks and sheet rock are special kinds of baked mud, and the mortar is a special kind of mud, but when you get down to it it's all still sticks and mud.
(yes, I know we build businesses with metal framing, but I'm talking about the majority of houses here).
From a certain point of view, the vast majority of human technology boils down to either starting a fire or spinning a magnet (which we usually do by starting a fire). We like to think we're oh so super advanced, but humanity's second oldest trick, the fire, still kicks our asses on a regular basis (I'm looking at YOU, California).

They use liquid bitcoins fyi

Send them to an island to fend for themselves I think. I'm not particularly putting a human being in a box for the rest of their lives no matter how dangerous they are

I've looked into this. There are WAY too many variables to claim it costs more to execute than to keep in prison for life. Age of criminal is the biggest factor. The state where the prison exists, whether it's a federal pen, a state prison factors in. Medical costs across the life of the prisoner factors.

So, executing some18 year old would probably be cheaper. Keeping a 75 year old in prison for the last 10 years of his life would be cheaper.

Found the acoustic guitar

There's often mandatory appeals in death sentence situations that costs the tax payers money.

We've tried that before. That's how Australia happened.

People assume death penalty means they immediately get taken to the back room in the court or something. Even with the lengthy system we have now they still don't only execute guilty people. The whole prison and justice system is fucked up.

Lol no, masters. But nice try fag.
Also you clearly have no education, so stop projecting your insecurities of not being good enough to get into university.

We don't want to make that mistake again.

Bunch of pussies. I say we burn the fuckers given death penalty.

>tfw a shoddy raft filled with murders and rapists storms our shores to reek havoc on us and exact their revenge

No you're entirely wrong. Let's not end it; let's make it easier, cheaper, faster and applicable to more crimes.

Habitual criminals who, no matter how much jail time they get, continue to live a life of crime? Execution. They have proven they cannot live in a civilised world so remove them from it.
Murders, thieves, corrupt politicians, real rapists, EA execs...the list goes on.

There are so many people who simply cannot abide by the rules of a civilised society and therefore need to be removed from it and, with improvements to the process, the death penalty can be far less burdensome to the rest of us who live by the rule of law and the expectations of society.

You guys have got to be kidding me about just putting them in a cell for a lifetime to solve the whole tax issue
how do you think they are fed? how do you think the guards get paid as much as they do? How do you think some of these programs for a line of work and a profession are made? The answer is tax dollars and a pretty big amount at that. If you just kill them off you don't have to worry about the process of a possibility because death is absolute.

Not him. The paperwork to kill somebody apparently costs a lot of money.
Also immediate death sentence is retarded, that's how innocents get killed. This poster had the best idea keep them 15-20 years then kill them.
Also fix the fucking laws so you can kill them without going through 50 lawyers and a mountain of fucking paperwork.

Are you all this brainwashed? Electroshock therapy works. Put a few volts through a mans head and he’s a changed man. Would you rather pay for a prison or a electric bill?

>university
kek

>to reek havoc
*wreak
Though in all fairness, a shoddy raft filled with murders and rapists who've been at sea for weeks probably would smell pretty bad.

>EA executives

MY MAN

Found the 12 year old

Edgy

So if somebody raped and/or murdered your child you wouldn't want them to be in a box for the rest of their lives because it hurts their feelings ? Lmfao, you spineless prick. People like you deserved to be murdered to be quite honest.

Sorry hungover and tired. Thanks though

This has to be bait
>death penalty
>prison
>torture???

>waste of taxes and resources

(1) 5.56 mm FMJ ammunition: $0.25/round.
(between 1-60+) single inmate housing costs: $31,286.
Per prisoner, the death penalty would be cheaper.

>murder
>rehabilitation programs
And when you release them and they go on to steal, rape, and murder again, and again, and again--as we've seen happen, in cases where people get out due to mishandling of evidence or something along those lines?
Just keep "rehabilitating" them until it works? It does not work.

>Refer back to when I said Rehabilitation programs

Yes, but where do we keep these convicted criminals while they're being "rehabilitated"? Allow them to roam free?

Let me guess, you also:
Want to get rid of guns.
Feel it's a woman's right to choose, but Planned Parenthood in black communities is racist.
Feel that 'white privilege' is a thing you personally have to make up for...by forcing every other white person to pay for it.
Believe strongly that bestiality and pedophilia should be legalized, as those people are clearly just suffering from a mental illness and should be included into the LGBTBBQ(BP).
Strongly believe that homosexuality and transgenderism is not a mental illness and should not be treated as such (despite also believing the above about pedos and dog fuckers).
Feel that any attack on your beliefs is an attack on YOU, personally.

A lot of murder cases aren't very complicated though. There were witnesses. You were arrested at the scene of the crime. Your DNA was found on the victim. What is there to appeal?

And that is a great thing. Give the case to a different set of eyes. Let them see if something was missed. Keep an innocent from going to jail.

But when the cock sucker is on video killing the person, brags about it to people, is found with the weapon and money from the crime, spend $.50 for the bullet and execute him.

You'd have to redo the justice system, because right now executing someone costs more than keeping them in prison for the rest of their life, because of court costs/appeals, etc.

Having someone killed or tortured doesn't make yourself feel any better. Not that they shouldn't be in prison but the bloodlust people get doesn't work in modern society.

What's funny about the "kill em all" people is they don't realize the only countries that have policies like this are unlivable shitholes. Maybe they'd prefer to live in Somalia.