It's AOTY

It's a 10/10.

Sup Forums can't understand that this album does what no other has.

>inb4 it's "boring"
>inb4 "haha lele XD he's cashing in on his wife's death"

This album is so fucking beautiful. Just admit it. And the music itself perfectly captures death.

The album's not that impressive but I still saw him live and that show fucked me up real good. He played like 5 songs off the record and you could tell he was about to break down so he started playing new songs and he played like 7. It was amazing.

ITT: whiny boring bullshit

>liking a shitty snoozefest of an album because some cuck's wife died
Seems more redditor to me

Sure thing, kiddo.

_donald

The lazy fuck couldn't even make any of the lines rhyme or match the rhythm of the music.

>hurr durr "deth is reel all poetry is ded"

She wasn't even hot
Why he's being such a pussy about it, I don't know

The daughter is not biologically related to Phil. This is undisputed

Aw man we got an edgelord here!

Also nice projection.

I wish fantano and p4k didn't give this such high scores because now all the normies shitpost about it.

Remember when Sauna came out and all the threads about it were super chill and actually discussed the quality of the music.

>Sup Forums can't understand that this album does what no other has.
explain?

Gonna need a source on that.

At least he had a wife who loved him, unlike you, which you probably never will.

yeah, I'll never have to experience her dying either :^)
virgins win again

>he hasn't seen how thick her ass was

The themes and lyrics on this thing are a 10/10 masterpiece. It literally made me cry. That's why I rated it a 10/10 on RateYourLyrics.com

Musically, its a meh 4.5/10

Sup Forums writes this album as generic nu male folk.

It's actually the most honest and intimate record ever. Phil Elvrum on this album makes anything Mark Kozelek has ever written about look like a joke in intimacy and depth.

Name me another fucking album like this I dare you.

>inb4 Carrie And Lowell, and Blackstar

Those don't even come close or capture even a fifth of this albums emotional rawness. despite them being fucking amazing.

Before his wife's death, Phil threads used to be the comfiest threads on all of Sup Forums with consistently good discussions.
I fucking hate how the edgelords ruined one of the few good things left on this cesspool of a board.

Exactly.

Sup Forums are now turning on him because they don't know what actual death is like or they are jealous that Phil even had a wife since everyone on this board is a pathetic loser (including myself but I'm not fucking jealous of Phil like everyone else here)

>Phil Elvrum on this album makes anything Mark Kozelek has ever written about look like a joke in intimacy and depth.
so mark writing about his dead family members is a joke now? because phil talked about his wife???
I don't see why you are making this a competition about which artist talks about his suffering more.
pretty pathetic dude.
no wonder people troll phil fans now.

>missing the point that much

Mark's stories are heartbreaking. But he still paints them in a goregous way, and tries to make them optimistic.

A Crow Looked At Me however has no traces of optimism, making it to me way more profound and affecting.