IMPORTANT - Drug Interaction

IMPORTANT - Drug Interaction
this is important and kind of time sensitive.
is there any negative interaction between diphenydramine at low-medium recreational doses (200mg) and sulfa/trimeth at normal antibiotic doses?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucuronidation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you can always call your local pharmaceutical place for info but to my knowledge no.

nah

that antibiotic is often prescribed to people with a sinus infection.
Its highly unlikely that your antibiotics would have any reaction to another drug that is often given to treat symptoms of an infection its meant to cure.

Why not call the poison control hotline? It's free, always open, and not the police.

How many benadryl is it safe to take at one time?

no

Pharmfag here,

No interactions between diphenhydramine and smz/tmp. If you don't wanna believe a guy on Sup Forums you can always contact poison control or do research yourself (if you're going to be doing any recreational drugs, do your fucking homework)

safe with no weird effects? about 6. that's 150 mg so you'll just get really sleepy with a little cotton mouth.
safe physically speaking? about 40, or 1000mg. at that dosage you're basically asking for death or nonfatal overdose.

trust me i've done a shitload of research on DPH. i'm not some faggot who just charges into drug experiences blind, that's retarded.
i only just remembered that i'm taking the antibiotic for a foot surgery i had recently after i took about 200mg and i was just kind of concerned about possible interaction.

Generally, antibiotics will not interact with OTC medications (zyrtec, benadryl, motrin, etc.) and are often prescribed alongside your medication (especially NSAIDs.) That being said, always double check, but for now rest easy and enjoy your benadryl

what about DXM?
i mean, by the time i get around to trying that i'll almost certainly be off the antibiotics, but just for future reference.
is there anything known that it reacts negatively with?

Grapefruits and grapefruit juice you should avoid, and as long as you're not on other meds you'll be fine. Wouldn't recommend DXM over pot for a high but you do you

Everyone here saying no is trying to kill you. Medfag here, the diph-dra at that dose could interact with anti-bios one of two ways. Scenario 1, the anti-bios could wipe out bacteria of all forms (including the good ones) and the diph-dra would retard the local immune system response. Essentially, a landscape of barren nutrients in your nose. Now all local forms of virus are expanding in your nose. Your nosehair will catch new airborne viruses you come across as well (so don't do this if you travel internationally or to major population centers). As you age they will all slowly expand each time you get sick. One day that may interact with something else (like basically anything else a stoner piece of shit would do) and put enough pressure on your immune system to kill you. Scenario 2, the antihistamines might make the body go sluggish, causing you to lose the game

Just buy the concentrated night time sleep aid pills that just have dph and eat like 800mg for a decent trip, but from my perosonal experience i hate it.

What are unhealthy, but common enough, drug interactions people inadvertently cause? Anything the average person should know?

also check erowid for trip reports there is some awsome stories on there.

Hahaha yeah. Medfag #2 here. I was about to say “this sounds theoretically plausible but astoundingly unlikely.” Actually it sounds like a person who actually knows what he’s talking about, trolling like a motherfucker.

Realistically, there’s no interaction between the two.

Sulfa drugs can cause REALLY fucked up allergic reactions that make dying from anaphylaxis look good by comparison. SJS and TEN are nightmare-caliber shit.

>if you're going to be doing any recreational drugs, do your fucking homework
>drugs
>homework
Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you're a cop.

Glad you enjoyed my stream of bullshit.

Sort of but not really. While the liver is possible of demethylation of amines it's not common.
Yes, antibiotics modify gut bacteria which alters amine metabolism. Most drugs are excreted after first-pass into a glucuronide form if they are primary amines
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucuronidation

But diphenhydramine is a tertiary amine and the metabolism to a primary is a very minimal metabolite so antibiotics are unlikely to affect its metabolization beyond fractions of a percent.

Also for reference to reverse from a tertiary to a primary amine is roughly something like 0.01% of the time.
Your liver by default methylates amines. It is a debated topic as to how much your liver iis capable of demethylating amines. So on that note, don't expect it to happen at all.

Well congrats on both of you not knowing basic chemistry

Call 911. Tell them everything.
They're a really good group of people that will be able to straighten your shit right the fuck out.

>diphenydramine at low-medium recreational doses (200mg)

I mix pills with alcohol some times